So Cal (Other than MD and SJB)

Sammyswordsman

5 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

You can thank Folsom for That…. “We don’t think it’s fair to Have to Play DLS to go to a SBG”….. 🤣

Had Folsom not done that, DLS may have been Beaten in 2016 or 2017 for the open Birth….

DLS would be much better suited to play the winner of the D-1 Bracket (sans MD and SJB)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

So things stay the same up north but MD and Bosco will compete in the two team playoff down here. Makes a ton of sense to me. Are your “sources” saying it’ll be a one game playoff? Best of 3? Best of 5? Why don’t we just have MD and bosco schedule each other 10 times and whoever wins 6 games first goes to the open? If a tie happens we can do an 11th game sudden death presented by PGL/Flo sports!! 

Not Cal’s playoffs are different then so Cal because you have 3 regions where the actual “Best Team” can come from…. The NCS (DLS), SJS (Folsom, Something, Something Trail) and the CCS (Serra)…..

So for Nor Cal you really need a Play in game, So Cal does the playoffs right where all the best teams are in the Southern Section…. LA and San Diego play for D1-AA so MD and SJB are becoming a Bigger problem in So Cal because more teams are in their playoff bracket so they are excluded from the SBG….

Plus if we are all being honest in Nor Cal, no one up here wants to even play SJB or MD in the open so they are all happy to let that be DLS’s problem…..

• Like 3

1 minute ago, THEOC89 said:

Not Cal’s playoffs are different then so Cal because you have 3 regions where the actual “Best Team” can come from…. The NCS (DLS), SJS (Folsom, Something, Something Trail) and the CCS (Serra)…..

So for Nor Cal you really need a Play in game, So Cal does the playoffs right where all the best teams are in the Southern Section…. LA and San Diego play for D1-AA so MD and SJB are becoming a Bigger problem in So Cal because more teams are in their playoff bracket so they are excluded from the SBG….

Plus if we are all being honest in Nor Cal, no one up here wants to even play SJB or MD in the open so they are all happy to let that be DLS’s problem…..

Not a bad idea.  The winner of the D-1 bracket plays MD or SJB in the open play in game.  Loser goes to the D-1 game.  That way the Big 2 get 2 playoff games prior to the Open.  Same as DLS

• Like 1

1 minute ago, THEOC89 said:

I understand. What he’s saying makes zero sense in the long run. Are MD and SJB going to be on top forever? I hope so but of course not. So let’s say this ridiculous two team playoff is created and it works for 5-10 years. Then (as it always does) the power switches to another school? Then do we swap MD and bosco back into the D1 playoffs?
Make the private/public split and if the private supporters want to bitch then let them bitch. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

Wow,

Their booster clubs must be much more advanced than our booster clubs.

Yes, MD “Lawyer’d up” The CIF into submission to open up the Transfer Floodgates….

They had to do it to keep up with SJB who somehow was getting their transfers able to play without having to sit out….

I personally have no problem with this and Commend Rollo and MD for changing with the times and doing it better then anyone else…..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

I understand. What he’s saying makes zero sense in the long run. Are MD and SJB going to be on top forever? I hope so but of course not. So let’s say this ridiculous two team playoff is created and it works for 5-10 years. Then (as it always does) the power switches to another school? Then do we swap MD and bosco back into the D1 playoffs?
Make the private/public split and if the private supporters want to bitch then let them bitch. 

I agree with you on the public and private split, that should be done….

But I would say, yes, MD and SJB can stay on top for years just like DLS has because they are privet schools and now they are premier football destinations….

The biggest thing to affect them in the future will be the Coaching, Rollo and Negro are the Top in So Cal like Lad was in Nor Cal…. Kids wanted to play for Lad but since JA has taken over you are not seeing the Uber talented kids flocking to DLS, Example Najee Harris….

DLS’s Reputation is what keeps them going like MD’s will, Negro is younger so unless he Bolts he will be at SJB and they will be a Power for years to come….

Those 2 teams will dominate So Cal for years, times are different now….

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ararar said:

It would be ridiculous to have a two team playoff.Makes no sense at all

Playoffs should consist of teams on the same relative Tier.  If there are only 2 teams in Tier 1, then that is the bracket. 

Why force Tier 2 and 3 teams to compete against Tier 1.  Not in any world does that make sense from a competitive equity standpoint.

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

Playoffs should consist of teams on the same relative Tier.  If there are only 2 teams in Tier 1, then that is the bracket. 

Why force Tier 2 and 3 teams to compete against Tier 1.  Not in any world does that make sense from a competitive equity standpoint.

Just stop keeping score then and hand everyone a trophy

2F7AB7F0-4466-49B0-B85F-03241495320D.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

I agree with you on the public and private split, that should be done….

But I would say, yes, MD and SJB can stay on top for years just like DLS has because they are privet schools and now they are premier football destinations….

The biggest thing to affect them in the future will be the Coaching, Rollo and Negro are the Top in So Cal like Lad was in Nor Cal…. Kids wanted to play for Lad but since JA has taken over you are not seeing the Uber talented kids flocking to DLS, Example Najee Harris….

DLS’s Reputation is what keeps them going like MD’s will, Negro is younger so unless he Bolts he will be at SJB and they will be a Power for years to come….

Those 2 teams will dominate So Cal for years, times are different now….

Agree. DLS and MD are brands. I don’t see SJB in the same way but I admit I’m biased. I think Sierra canyon will be competitive with the top 2 within the next 5 years. They’re doing everything they can to turn their football program into what their basketball program has become. They’re also far enough away from MD and Bosco to appeal to a different group of kids. 

• Like 1

Just now, HurricaneNick said:

Agree. DLS and MD are brands. I don’t see SJB in the same way but I admit I’m biased. I think Sierra canyon will be competitive with the top 2 within the next 5 years. They’re doing everything they can to turn their football program into what their basketball program has become. They’re also far enough away MD and Bosco to appeal to a different group of kids. 

Agree about SC….. Sierra Canyon is like the new ST Bonnies….. That was a great program and won like 50 straight games or something at one point until they Fired their Coach and fell off the face of the earth…. 🤣

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Not a bad idea.  The winner of the D-1 bracket plays MD or SJB in the open play in game.  Loser goes to the D-1 game.  That way the Big 2 get 2 playoff games prior to the Open.  Same as DLS

Loser should go home. Not rewarded with another game smh. If this is a playoff game the mentality of if you lose you still advance is hot garbage.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

Personally I think a 2/4 team open would be more realistic then a public/private split. The smaller privates would never vote yes for it in fear of being lumped with the big privates. Look at Damien years back. They got put into a private league and sued there way out of it lo

Doesn’t have to be a full split.  Using the same approach as they do now, grab the top 8 private schools at the end of the year and make a private open bracket.  In the D1 bracket, there would likely still be some privates.   Maybe you make a provision that public schools that would be ranked within the top 8 private bracket have the opportunity to opt into the open bracket.  Maybe limit it to 3 schools.  I’m sure the bottom 3 schools in the 8 team private bracket would like to go to the D1 bracket instead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, On2whls said:

Doesn’t have to be a full split.  Using the same approach as they do now, grab the top 8 private schools at the end of the year and make a private open bracket. 

Bingo. MD, SJB, Sierra Canyon, Cathedral Catholic, Servite, Alemany, Serra etc would be a great playoff bracket. Winner gets De La Salle. Sounds good to me. 

• Like 1