MP Top 10 HSFB games in 2021

RedZone loves results unless they're not favorable to him. Then it's all about trying!

👇

On 1/12/2021 at 9:33 PM, RedZone said:

Be nice if some Texas 3As/4As took the step.....win or lose.

So what if St James loses......Sugarcane boys get to see Atlanta and take a trip.

On 4/16/2021 at 9:55 AM, RedZone said:

For a TINY state Louisiana mixes it up pretty good with the big boys win or lose.

On 5/5/2021 at 12:53 PM, RedZone said:

There's not a small state in the country that has mixed it up more with some of the best OOS teams nationally than Louisiana, win or lose. Going back 80 and 90 years.

On 5/7/2021 at 1:35 PM, RedZone said:

5A Sulphur, La built them a nice stadium in 2015.......holds 9,000.

Sulphur hasn't been a threat in Louisiana in more than a decade...got a nice house though. lol

That's what it is all about......coming out win or lose.

On 5/25/2021 at 8:50 AM, RedZone said:

Good post.

It wasn't so long ago Texas TAPPS was considered a second-class citizen. Some of those teams have attracted some great players recently and have been pretty good.....their schedules have really improved win or lose the last decade or so.

On 6/20/2021 at 5:08 AM, RedZone said:

1-John  Curtis is not a pussy. No small school has scheduled more big time games with some of the best in the nation regardless of talent win or lose.

On 7/5/2019 at 6:04 PM, RedZone said:

Well win or lose glad Curtis found a 9th game...that 10th game may be hard.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

That wasn't meant to be taken literally but, sure, I fully expect it to be something like that.

Ok, got you down for 40-13 or something like that...

Cool......you finally stepped up one time.

What about mater dei vs Duncanville?...Game of the Year.

6 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Be nice if some Texas 3As/4As took the step.....win or lose.

So what if St James loses......Sugarcane boys get to see Atlanta and take a trip.

3A St James scheduled 4A Edna Karr this year.......again, so what if they lose. 

It's a huge game for St James. 

10 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I've gone on the record for a lot of shit that came true.

One being a bet that you didn't live up to in 2010. Remember?

I served 3 1/2 months of a 12 month sentence and then was called back because the forum was failing and needed a major boost (face it, I'm good for business)..... 3 or 4 months  was longer than anyone else that has made a bet on this forum.

..3 people have totally reneged on bets with me......the little punk from nj is one of them.

Anyways, mater dei and Duncanville?

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Lol.  That’s a moving target.

The Stache scheduled the best team in Texas that would play.  

It wouldn't matter who MD played in Texas this year. They simply have a better team then anyone in Texas outside of SJB or IMG nobody is beating MD. The GAP between #1 and #5 is razor thin in Texas. Duncanville could very well end up being the best team in Texas this year. They probably have the best roster. I just think QB play is what gets them beat in the playoffs. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

It wouldn't matter who MD played in Texas this year. They simply have a better team then anyone in Texas outside of SJB or IMG nobody is beating MD. The GAP between #1 and #5 is razor thin in Texas. Duncanville could very well end up being the best team in Texas this year. They probably have the best roster. I just think QB play is what gets them beat in the playoffs. 

You are a good poster.  Nice to have someone from any state that doesn't try to blow smoke.  I agree with you that Duncanville is as good as any this year in Texas and their recent record shows them to be a program on the rise.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Answer me this, Samuel

#1 CA vs #5 TX = game of the year

#1 TX vs #7 TX = not even on the list

Stache vs DV has novelty game value due to the first Trinity League team to play in Texas.  The rep (Amat) from the Junior Parochial league (Mission) already went there tho.

There are 4-5 Trinity League games alone this year that are more compelling and will feature higher ranked teams than Texas #1 vs Texas #7.   So Yeah...........not impressed.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

You are a good poster.  Nice to have someone from any state that doesn't try to blow smoke.  I agree with you that Duncanville is as good as any this year in Texas and their recent record shows them to be a program on the rise.

I try to be objective as possible. I go look at the star power each team has. How good of a QB does a team have. How many returning starters are back. Is the team well coached. Im also what have you done lately guy. Saying team A beat OOS team B 3+ years ago means nothing to me. I want to know how good you're right now. Don't get me wrong I love talking about the history of teams and OOS games but we shouldn't use that to judge current games or teams. I found an old national poll from 1994 and Mater Dei was #1 at the end of the season. I wonder how many MD fans know that or can recall that season. I get shit for bringing up old traditional powers like John Tyler and Temple but once upon a time they were the big dog on the block. I just really enjoy talking HS football. I think some of us loose site that at the end of the day it's a game played by kids. 

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/80883527/1994-high-school-football-final-poll/

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

I served 3 1/2 months of a 12 month sentence and then was called back because the forum was failing and needed a major boost (face it, I'm good for business)..... 3 or 4 months  was longer than anyone else that has made a bet on this forum.

So exactly what I accused you of doing.

Thanks.