MP Top 10 HSFB games in 2021

1 minute ago, Gametyme said:

Yeah but I don't think nobody has had 18 4 stars or better on a single team yet. While I certainly agree its hard to build up the cohesiveness and chemistry with roster resets like they have. If somebody could beat them it would be MD or SJB. They took Duncaville apart with a lesser roster then they have now. I have no doubt they would beat Westlake like a drum. 

Thanks to the CIF, MD and SJB will never be given those opptys again. Once those two start losing out on a few MNCs because of this asinine rule, maybe then will the CIF change its tune. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I did that exercise just last week. All 28 are there. However, several are still listed under their former schools. 

I couldn't even find 1 kid listed for Bishop Sycamore in either 22 or 23 class ? Is this a new school are you able to provide a list of kids ? Just seems odd.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Thanks to the CIF, MD and SJB will never be given those opptys again. Once those two start losing out on a few MNCs because of this asinine rule, maybe then will the CIF change its tune. 

Im in the boat why would anybody wanna play them. 

23 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Agree. An undefeated IMG team trumps a one-loss MD or SJB in the end. Especially if DV is as down as the TX posters are saying. 

Also, don’t sleep on BS with their 28 D1 recruits. Plus they’re playing IMG in OH! 

I don't think Duncanville is down like that. I think Mater Dei is that good. Is Duncanville 2018 or 19 good ? Of course not but they're still a really good team in Texas. I got them at 5 but they could end up being #1 in Texas 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Being awarded a MNC is great, no denying that. In reality though if anyone from California wins state, goes undefeated, and has signature OOS wins, it’s a perfect season. A MNC is an awesome award but at the end of the day I never heard Rollo talk about winning a natty at practice or in meetings and he had two already when I played there. Handling business week in and week out is all that matters. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I have the list in my possession. There's a method to our madness ;) 

Ok I just checked out Bishop Sycamore schedule. I had no idea they played Duncanville in Ohio this year. This will be their 2nd varsity season ever. They went 0-6 last season. It looks like they're not in any league in Ohio. So im guessing you're right about them having transfers coming in because they will need it with that schedule. Can you say if all 28 kids are officially at Sycamore now ?

17 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

It's already been established that running the table isn't required.

True (as '18 MD and '19 SJB attest, of course).  My point simply being, if MD/SJB and SFA end up with the same record and MD/SJB beat DLS worse than SFA does, then you have to give the nod to MD/SJB, regardless of whether SFA runs the table.

21 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

IF SFA goes undefeated then they are National Champs Period…. To be a National Champ You have to play the Best National Schedule….

Not if MD/SJB beat DLS worse than SFA does, and end up with the same or better record than SFA.  If MD or SJB run the table, they will have beaten a Top 3 team twice.  SFA will have only beaten one (IMG).  MD already has 4 games against Top 25 teams (DVille, Servite and SJB twice, and DLS if they get to the state final).  Cen10 and Cathedral Catholic are both on the Top 25 bubble, and if they progress through the playoffs and meet MD/SJB, then that's one or maybe two more Top 25 teams they'll have on the resumé.  That's potentially seven Top 25 teams.  I'll take MD/SJB running the table on that, and beating DLS worse than SFA does, over anything SFA does with their schedule.

22 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Top LA OOS games in 2021:

9/3: Catholic-BR at GC (being aired on PGL/Flo HSFB Channel) 

9/11: Oxford MS at JCC

9/17: AHP at Edna Karr

10/1: Male KY at JCC

GC and AHP are the big time OOS programs in that lineup, and both will likely win big.  If only that would rid us of Redzone, but it won't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gametyme said:

Ok I just checked out Bishop Sycamore schedule. I had no idea they played Duncanville in Ohio this year. This will be their 2nd varsity season ever. They went 0-6 last season. It looks like they're not in any league in Ohio. So im guessing you're right about them having transfers coming in because they will need it with that schedule. Can you say if all 28 kids are officially at Sycamore now ?

Here's a breakdown of the 28 D1 recruits by position: QB 1, RB 4, OL 3, WR 4, DB 7, DL 3, LB 2, DB 4

12 hours ago, RedZone said:

The Westlake/Trinity game will at Chaparral Stadium home of the Westlake Chaparral.

Capacity-10,000

3 (1).jpg

All of a sudden Westlake has taken on "God Tier" level among the Texas guys and Calif haters.

Why???????????    Because they never lost to an OOS team and don't have one scheduled in 2021.

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

All of a sudden Westlake has taken on "God Tier" level among the Texas guys and Calif haters.

Why???????????    Because they never lost to an OOS team and don't have one scheduled in 2021.

To be fair Westlake has won back to back state titles with a Clemson commit at QB returning. Westlake last championship was 96 with Drew Brees. So they have turnt it up here recently. With that said I don't think they would beat MD or SJB this year. Still a really good team.

• Like 1