How come Texas top publics teams don’t play Georgia’s top public teams….. THOUGHTS 💭

imaGoodBoyNow

@imaGoodBoyNowHere's a few TX vs GA games I've heard about that fell through: 

Allen vs Sandy Creek- back when SC was Good and was pumping out D1 talent like popcorn. Allen tried to Host SC but it was a realignment year for Georgia. SC and Allen did try again for the same season but SC got thrown into a region with 6 teams and the original week they where aiming for was a Region game and SC ended up hosting Plant out of FL. 

Milton and Allen. 

there was 2 more but they escape me at the moment... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

A few reasons. Both states don’t really like to play top national competition. Plus it would be very hard logistically because both states want home games and rarely ever travel. 

Also part of the reason being is that the rosters are so enormous. it would cost 100K to move 150 bodies 1,000 miles away. 

Texas and Georgia are very similar to each other. so they would be perfect matches. but there are too many obstacles to overcome for it to be realistic that they get together

When Hoover went to Dallas team, coaches, band, cheerleaders it was $160,000 total.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

And who are these teams, I’m talking I wanna see Colquitt Grayson Lowndes, Marietta Buford play against Lake Travis, Allen, Westlake, Duncanville  Katie

Marietta is not a Georgia power house don't let that all star team from a couple of years ago fool you. There are plenty of lower classification teams that would break their foot of in those imps ass.

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Happens every so often. TX is 5-5 vs GA all-time. 1-1 last season. 

Ga is 3-1 vs cali if im not mistaken. Milton got cheated that year they played servite out in cali. Refs gave servite a TD on a play that receiver almost broke the CB damn neck pushing off. Was an easy PI call the ref didn't even move.

That’s need to know information, and you don’t need to know.

I’ll tell you what you want to hear though.

It’s known that over time Texas has gained somewhat of a legendary status when it comes to its high school football.

From the beginning days of Permian, Yates, and Judson, on to Southlake, Katy and Euless Trinity. Now, in the era of Allen, North Shore and Lake Travis. It is thought that Texas is home to some of the most iconic and awe-inspiring teams to ever step onto a football field. 

Where the stadiums stand taller, and the lights shine brighter; an opportunity for a team to come here and play in Texas feels like a once in a lifetime experience. 

I’m sure you’ve heard, “It doesn’t get any better than Texas high school football.” 

Is that true? 

No single person knows the answer to that question and that is where the animosity starts.

It is a popular trend to believe that once, and if, Texas were to step outside of the state, and play outside of its comfort zone, the pillars that have held Texas up for so long would come tumbling down and the true nature of Texas football would be exposed. 

Any team from here with hopes of garnishing national hype would be tarnished, our state powers would be seen as overrated, and our entire legacy would be perceived as nothing more than a myth.

Is that true?

That seems to be what a lot of people feel.

For you, that may be true.

For myself, and I believe I can speak for most of Texas:

The only goal for our seasons is to be here: 56FA42DA-8D9F-46F8-B9BE-7D6B699560E8.jpeg.ab0aaf8b9876e30a03ea89518e8076ee.jpeg

Raising this: 44198E05-D862-442D-9CB5-BD2EED5BF470.thumb.jpeg.69ac0461f350889ecd0acb0aea7fb060.jpeg01BE1A8C-1BCC-495A-BB23-8E57B4247D28.jpeg.2dab035145c2a4f4742c72d934725c3f.jpeg

but what do I know. I’m just a simple, Tejas debbie.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

I have much respect for Georgia HS football. I think it's the closest thing to Texas HS football. I would love for our best to play their best. Some years Georgia will get the better of Texas and Texas other years would get the better of Georgia. Neither state has nothing to prove by playing each other. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

I don't believe Colquitt will be playing a lot of OOS games in the coming years.  Except Marietta and Grayson.  We might add a Bama or Florida team...but I think the odds are pretty low.

We just don't have the pesos.

Nor the inclination.

But...we are looking HARD at adding Pelham.....

Rufus>>

Propst funded mula running out over there in Packtown

Just now, HurricaneNick said:

Rush has never cheated 

I wouldn't say that but he did build Colquitt from the bottom of the barrel to the point they are now to be able to have Packass posters thumping their chest. The Packass fans love to forget that though.