Arch Manning making 10 million as a College freshman?

RedZone

17 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Who the hell are you to judge society?

So because it doesn't fit your image then you get to classify it as bad and you can take you snobby attitude and shove it up your ass

I'm so sick of listening to blowhards think because they are older they know everything better, most of you people are so far away looking at things with fogged glasses that you are missing the bigger picture

Just because someone is an entertainer doesn't mean they aren't still a person and if a person is capable of making an impact on their community and in society that is too far dominated by selfish and greedy scum like these politicians who only care about themselves then who the fuck cares what they do for a living? If they are making a positive impact then what's the issue? But keep thinking me being young is the problem here

The fact you need to use age as a crutch shows that you like most the morons on this board can't win a debate with me

If me being YOUNG is the only fucking thing you have in your back pocket then all it shows me is that you aren't capable of having and honest debate and you may as well block me like most cowards on here tend to do 

Ha!  You don't even see the logic failures in your response.  SMH.

Who am I to judge?  I'm a productive member of that society that has a right to have an opinion on it just as you are.

Who are you to classify it as good?  I have no more of a snobby attitude than you thinking your view is the only one that is correct.  I am tired of listening to people with no real experience in life act as though they have the answer to everything but unlike you, I don't go around jumping in people's faces about things I don't know.

Never *once* did I say anything about the value of a person's life.  Go back and read it again.  I don't think you being young is the problem.  I think you being young and inexperienced and believing you have all the answers is a problem.  From what you've said, you are only a couple of years out of high school and maybe a few years into college.  I really haven't paid enough attention to remember as you don't rise to the level of any importance to me to trigger me to remember.  You *don't* have enough life experience to be able to see the big picture nor have you demonstrated enough maturity on here to have that in your favor.  You fly off the handle at most anyone that dares to challenge your way of thinking even when it is demonstrably wrong.

Let me say it again so maybe you might get it.  We as a society have placed too much emphasis on athletes and other performers to the point for many it is almost a worship type of relationship.  We carry that through to believing what they say outside the field of their experience automatically carries weight when the reality is that it doesn't and shouldn't.  In the process, for some of them we have made them insanely rich.  They have become *EXACTLY* what you are complaining about with rich people sitting in their towers.  Explain to us all please how a football player that is good at what he does and is extremely well compensated for that is suddenly an expert on any and everything else.  Don't get me wrong (although you will), if they have taken the effort to become educated on a given topic then let them speak.  If they haven't then don't give their opinion any more credence than any other Joe Blow on the street shouting at people.

Win a debate with you? Ha! You've never demonstrated the clarity of thought and communication skills to have anything remotely resembling a debate.  You tend to shout your opinion and not have sufficient facts on many of the topics to have an credibility while thumping your chest about how you are so much better than everyone else.  You won't listen to opposing views and consider that just maybe they might be right or at least the truth is somewhere in between your point of view and theirs.

Over my life and career I've met many young people who are capable and mature.  I've valued their input and contributions and am better for it.  I've worked with youth groups to help develop their skills.  You are not a member of this group.

Coal for you!

1 hour ago, Fred said:

Who am I to judge?  I'm a productive member of that society that has a right to have an opinion on it just as you are.

Who are you to classify it as good?  I have no more of a snobby attitude than you thinking your view is the only one that is correct.  I am tired of listening to people with no real experience in life act as though they have the answer to everything but unlike you, I don't go around jumping in people's faces about things I don't know.

Never *once* did I say anything about the value of a person's life.  Go back and read it again.  I don't think you being young is the problem.  I think you being young and inexperienced and believing you have all the answers is a problem.  From what you've said, you are only a couple of years out of high school and maybe a few years into college.  I really haven't paid enough attention to remember as you don't rise to the level of any importance to me to trigger me to remember.  You *don't* have enough life experience to be able to see the big picture nor have you demonstrated enough maturity on here to have that in your favor.  You fly off the handle at most anyone that dares to challenge your way of thinking even when it is demonstrably wrong.

Let me say it again so maybe you might get it.  We as a society have placed too much emphasis on athletes and other performers to the point for many it is almost a worship type of relationship.  We carry that through to believing what they say outside the field of their experience automatically carries weight when the reality is that it doesn't and shouldn't.  In the process, for some of them we have made them insanely rich.  They have become *EXACTLY* what you are complaining about with rich people sitting in their towers.  Explain to us all please how a football player that is good at what he does and is extremely well compensated for that is suddenly an expert on any and everything else.  Don't get me wrong (although you will), if they have taken the effort to become educated on a given topic then let them speak.  If they haven't then don't give their opinion any more credence than any other Joe Blow on the street shouting at people.

Win a debate with you? Ha! You've never demonstrated the clarity of thought and communication skills to have anything remotely resembling a debate.  You tend to shout your opinion and not have sufficient facts on many of the topics to have an credibility while thumping your chest about how you are so much better than everyone else.  You won't listen to opposing views and consider that just maybe they might be right or at least the truth is somewhere in between your point of view and theirs.

Over my life and career I've met many young people who are capable and mature.  I've valued their input and contributions and am better for it.  I've worked with youth groups to help develop their skills.  You are not a member of this group.

Coal for you!

But I'm sure your one of the people who will claim someone is uneducated if they don't agree with you just like those clowns watching Fox News and claiming every athlete who was negative against Trump is clueless and uneducated but you act like I am resistant to others opinions

I'm as reasonable as the people I debate with, when I see someone is willing to meet mutual ground I have no problem discussing it but sadly the majority of this board is set in their opinion and trying to meet a middle ground would be a waste of time as they won't change their mind no matter how many facts are presented so why would I spend hours researching facts if it won't change their viewpoint anyway?

You don't know the first thing about me just like you thought me changing my profile picture was about taunting lowndes but that's because you don't make the effort to know someone before judging them so why should I give you anything different?

1 hour ago, Fred said:

Coal for you!

How is it the same if these athletes actually worked and earned it by risking their health

You say you work with youth but I certainly hope you ain't a coach if you have the mindset that these kids aren't actually working hard and earning it!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

But I'm sure your one of the people who will claim someone is uneducated if they don't agree with you just like those clowns watching Fox News and claiming every athlete who was negative against Trump is clueless and uneducated but you act like I am resistant to others opinions

I'm as reasonable as the people I debate with, when I see someone is willing to meet mutual ground I have no problem discussing it but sadly the majority of this board is set in their opinion and trying to meet a middle ground would be a waste of time as they won't change their mind no matter how many facts are presented so why would I spend hours researching facts if it won't change their viewpoint anyway?

You don't know the first thing about me just like you thought me changing my profile picture was about taunting lowndes but that's because you don't make the effort to know someone before judging them so why should I give you anything different?

Au contraire!  I don't claim people are uneducated if they don't agree with me.  As long as they make a good argument and present their facts, I'll work with them as I don't care what their politics are.  The key to it is presenting a good, logical, fact based argument, not some plucked from air nonsense.  You can get education from a lot of places and it doesn't have to be from school.  Some of the smartest people I've worked with don't have a lot of formal education

I owned my mistake over the avatar.  Have you ever owned any of your mistakes here?  By the way, if you will go back and look, I said based on what you have posted here is what I based my thoughts and comments on.  The only thing I have to go on is what you've posted.  If you aren't like what you've posted here then the question becomes why?  I never have understood why some go to so much trouble to present multiple IDs and personas.  Thos has time for that.

2 minutes ago, Fred said:

Au contraire!  I don't claim people are uneducated if they don't agree with me.  As long as they make a good argument and present their facts, I'll work with them as I don't care what their politics are.  The key to it is presenting a good, logical, fact based argument, not some plucked from air nonsense.  You can get education from a lot of places and it doesn't have to be from school.  Some of the smartest people I've worked with don't have a lot of formal education

I owned my mistake over the avatar.  Have you ever owned any of your mistakes here?  By the way, if you will go back and look, I said based on what you have posted here is what I based my thoughts and comments on.  The only thing I have to go on is what you've posted.  If you aren't like what you've posted here then the question becomes why?  I never have understood why some go to so much trouble to present multiple IDs and personas.  Thos has time for that.

Because in order to survive with sharks and snakes you have to become one of them 

People are a byproduct of the environment, when I'm around people I trust I am far more open then I am around people I don't know if they will stab me in the back at the first moment they get 

I've learned on here and in my community that people will turn on you if you give them the opportunity because sadly in society these days people are too concerned with their image and desire for power that sadly I know I have to be more ruthless and aggressive to know safety and security because otherwise you will look back later and see how many people take advantage of you and regret it 

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

How is it the same if these athletes actually worked and earned it by risking their health

You say you work with youth but I certainly hope you ain't a coach if you have the mindset that these kids aren't actually working hard and earning it!

Risking their health?  I wondered when you would go there.  There are hundreds of millions of people that risk their health every day for their jobs.  Many to perhaps most of them don't have a lot of other choices.  Football players make a choice every day that they are going to play the game.  You cannot claim they don't know the risks.  It is pretty obvious that you don't understand what it takes to build and maintain wealth.  Of course there are a few that just sit back and live of their ancestors but those are much fewer than those that work hard to maintain or grow their wealth.  To play your game, why are they any worse than someone playing a game and being well compensated for it?  Remember, this discussion started with concerns over college kids getting paid beyond the not inconsiderable value of their scholarships.

I have coached in the past but it has been a while.  I don't have the fire in my belly for it that some do once my kids were out of sports.  I totally respect those that continue to coach long past their kids' involvement or even those that have no kids to coach.  My work with youth these past years has been more in line of working with them in entrepreneurial roles such as business classes or the local high school "shark tank" competitions.

5 minutes ago, Fred said:

Risking their health?  I wondered when you would go there.  There are hundreds of millions of people that risk their health every day for their jobs.  Many to perhaps most of them don't have a lot of other choices.  Football players make a choice every day that they are going to play the game.  You cannot claim they don't know the risks.  It is pretty obvious that you don't understand what it takes to build and maintain wealth.  Of course there are a few that just sit back and live of their ancestors but those are much fewer than those that work hard to maintain or grow their wealth.  To play your game, why are they any worse than someone playing a game and being well compensated for it?  Remember, this discussion started with concerns over college kids getting paid beyond the not inconsiderable value of their scholarships.

I have coached in the past but it has been a while.  I don't have the fire in my belly for it that some do once my kids were out of sports.  I totally respect those that continue to coach long past their kids' involvement or even those that have no kids to coach.  My work with youth these past years has been more in line of working with them in entrepreneurial roles such as business classes or the local high school "shark tank" competitions.

Your right I don't

Too bad because I already know what I would do to change the game if I had the resources

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I've learned to hate my city and my community because they have turned their backs on me and everything I've cared about so I hate them before they have a chance to stab me in the back anymore than they already have 

I know this concept is a hard one to grasp.  It took me a while to be able to wrap my head around it and was part of some group dynamics work that we did at work.

You can't make me mad *unless* I make the choice to surrender control of my feelings and emotions to you.  Unless and until I choose to to that, your actions roll off of me like water off of a duck's back.  Once you grasp this and start putting it into action, you become a much happier person and things bother you much less.  (The *you* in these statements is a generic you, not you personally.)

I going to bow out of this discussion now because it isn't fair for the other posters here to have to read all of it.  I'm sorry you have so much animosity towards your community and hope you are able to resolve it in the future.