Allen vs TBD in 2022

Allen TX vs TBD in 2022  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see Allen TX host in 2022?

• Bergen Catholic NJ
    • Don Bosco Prep NJ
    • Good Counsel MD
    • St John Bosco CA
    • St John's DC
    • St Joseph Regional NJ

4 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I’ll go fishing, if lil johnnie isn’t good enough to compete in the matchup then he should fund his trip if the alumni  or sponsor refuse to pay for it

Nobody gives a shit. 

Public schools can't pick and choose who participates and they actively recruit the hallways for more kids to try out and suit up for development. We've had this debate so many times that it's ridiculous to carry on about it again. We can get Rab to go bump 4 year old topics with all the same words as we're about to type again.

Private schools can poach players from anywhere and build a team based on small participation numbers. Not all do, but, they all can. They can offer free tuition and etc., which affords them the leeway to leave kids behind in travel games. 

Colquitt even leaves some of the roster behind until the day of the games. There is a hotel roster and the rest of the team. On game day, they'll all be on the sideline though. No amount of foot stomping, bitching, lying and putting words in someone else's mouth will likely ever change that. 

12 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I understand to each their own. But when there's a will, there's way. Milton has exemplified this mantra by scheduling games in CA, DC and PA the last three seasons. @Coach Clack is definitely a diamond in the rough! He gets IT. 

He's basically an exception to the norm as far as public schools go. They'll eventually realize the fiscal losses aren't worth it as an administration and it won't much matter what the coach wants or not. 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

He's basically an exception to the norm as far as public schools go. They'll eventually realize the fiscal losses aren't worth it as an administration and it won't much matter what the coach wants or not. 

Milton is a fundraising machine. They actually turn profits on those trips! Their formula is working perfectly. Playing the best OOS competition attracts the best players, which gets you to the top of the local/national polls.  

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Milton is a fundraising machine. They actually turn profits on those trips! Their formula is working perfectly. Playing the best OOS competition attracts the best players, which gets you to the top of the local/national polls.  

I doubt they turn profits. I'd have to see it to believe it. 

I do realize it helps to be in the land of castles and mansions when it comes to fundraising also. When one or more of the dads are multimillionaire hedge fund execs and etc., getting a trip for little Johnny and teammates paid for is probably a lot easier. 

Maybe one day they'll be a perennial top team in the country like you so badly want. I doubt it, but, maybe. Dreams are worth having. 

I do realize it helps to be in the land of castles and mansions when it comes to fundraising also. When one or more of the dads are multimillionaire hedge fund execs and etc., getting a trip for little Johnny and teammates paid for is probably a lot easier. 

I think we finally cracked the code as to why SoGa teams can't extensively travel OOS. #HHI

43 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I’ll go fishing, if lil johnnie isn’t good enough to compete in the matchup then he should fund his trip if the alumni  or sponsor refuse to pay for it

You mean to tell me that ALL the players on private school teams get playing time? If not, then how come they're getting their trips funded by the school/athletic department when traveling OOS? They should stay behind and/or have somebody else pay for it, right? 

17 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I think we finally cracked the code as to why SoGa teams can't extensively travel OOS. #HHI

SoGA teams need the wins against nobodies to pad the record to keep the 6 figure salary. Going 10-2 and beating a couple duds looks way better than 8-4 with 2 losses to power OOS teams. 

It why International School of Broward practically funded half the athletic departments in SoGA. Nevermind the games were horrible for the fans. Most left at halftime and the concession suffered. But hey they got the WEEEEEEENNNNNNN!!!!!!!

18 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Like you said earlier, you'll be doling out money to teams who want to travel, right? I'm pretty sure that money will be enough to help the south georgia teams....a la Crisp, Lowndes, Colquitt, Valdosta. Maybe even Camden County as well. You know Jeff Herron is a fan of OOS comp. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Money makes a difference. The will to part with it for little Johnny to experience an oos trip to play or ride the pine vs some other power house school is more when the disposable income is greater. No doubt about that. 

4 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Like you said earlier, you'll be doling out money to teams who want to travel, right? I'm pretty sure that money will be enough to help the south georgia teams....a la Crisp, Lowndes, Colquitt, Valdosta. Maybe even Camden County as well. You know Jeff Herron is a fan of OOS comp. 

He said they'll be doling out money, but, what he's not saying is they'll expect you to pare down your roster and etc. as the money offered probably won't fund a full roster for a Colquitt or Lowndes. 

*Cue the arguments about why it should be OK to leave half the roster home or fund raise to get the rest*

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

You mean to tell me that ALL the players on private school teams get playing time? If not, then how come they're getting their trips funded by the school/athletic department when traveling OOS? They should stay behind and/or have somebody else pay for it, right? 

Hey sophomore year I stayed behind me and few sophomores  so I don’t know what issue is

now a days sponsors and alumni cover so all the kids make the trips, 

Money makes a difference. The will to part with it for little Johnny to experience an oos trip to play or ride the pine vs some other power house school is more when the disposable income is greater. No doubt about that. 

Agreed. Does SoGa have any areas like Milton, John's Creek and Marietta that are considered "wealthy?" Thx. 

4 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Hey sophomore year I stayed behind me and few sophomores  so I don’t know what issue is

I think the issue is when people try to apply the private school norms onto public schools (sports wise) when it comes to traveling OOS. It just doesn't work like that down in these parts or states where it's public dominated, my guy. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Agreed. Does SoGa have any areas like Milton, John's Creek and Marietta that are considered "wealthy?" Thx. 

There is money down here, just not as consolidated into neighborhoods as say Milton. 

Without getting too political, between racial splits and income disparities all mixed into these large publics down here, the will for the people that do have money to fund stuff that will benefit folks that are below them socially just isn't there in the amounts it would take. These folks feel like they're already paying taxes and funding td clubs so why should they part with more for "frivolous" trips? 

It's just a tough sell down here is all. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

He said they'll be doling out money, but, what he's not saying is they'll expect you to pare down your roster and etc. as the money offered probably won't fund a full roster for a Colquitt or Lowndes. 

*Cue the arguments about why it should be OK to leave half the roster home or fund raise to get the rest*

Only the host teams earn the streaming rights. Therefore, the majority of the GA programs will choose to host, not travel. As you're well aware, in order to travel significantly, rosters must be limited, and none of the "fluff" can particpate (band, flag girls, etc.) when traveling via air. 

Now that I'm aware of the fundraising liabilities throughout SoGa, I won't use that objection anymore when posting on this topic.  

5 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

So y u guys play oos against Bishop sul, plant , tca  , ahp Chicago teams 

if oos don’t matter , why ur coaches play oos?

Dude That was all Rush...

Doubt coach Roger's cares.... 

You might see him get a Tallahassee or Jacksonville team but as far as these Grand delusional BS standards yall have you can hang that up... 

Half yall put so mu h damn emphasis on OOS games but yalls teams can't even win your in-state championships.... 

That's sad... 

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Unfortunately with Milton... 

I feel like Money is a Non-factor... 

That community is so well to do its ridiculous.... 

The money in North Atlanta flows like the waters of the Chattahoochee...

• Like 1

This OOS stuff gets ridiculous sometimes. 

I like to see em too. 

But the mindset some of yall have about "If you don't play OOS you're a cupcake/suck" is BS. 

The truth is the biggest loud mouth for it @imaGoodBoyNow yall have no choice because how many schools in the state of NJ are willingly lining up to play SJR? Or BC? DBP?  

You're so worried about whose gonna play OOS teams you make yourself look stupid... 

Your state can't even let yall get a full 10 game season. 

But you wanna throw stones at other states.... 

• Thanks 1

And lord forbid a team lose an OOS game.... 

Yall lose your minds... 

And the thing is. 

SJR bullying some school from DC or losing to some school from Oklahoma means nothing because your goal is to win the NJ state championship right? So why so riled up on something 30 states away? 

So concerned about national rankings but you can't even win your division. 

Yall stay putting the cart before the horse. 

3 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

This OOS stuff gets ridiculous sometimes. 

I like to see em too. 

But the mindset some of yall have about "If you don't play OOS you're a cupcake/suck" is BS. 

The truth is the biggest loud mouth for it @imaGoodBoyNow yall have no choice because how many schools in the state of NJ are willingly lining up to play SJR? Or BC? DBP?  

You're so worried about whose gonna play OOS teams you make yourself look stupid... 

Your state can't even let yall get a full 10 game season. 

But you wanna throw stones at other states.... 

If it wasn’t for people like me Duncanville would still be playing doobie bros high, shoemaker Heath bar HS

yall should be thanking me not criticizing me

im like the Elon Musk of OOS GAMES

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

And lord forbid a team lose an OOS game.... 

Yall lose your minds... 

And the thing is. 

SJR bullying some school from DC or losing to some school from Oklahoma means nothing because your goal is to win the NJ state championship right? So why so riled up on something 30 states away? 

So concerned about national rankings but you can't even win your division. 

Yall stay putting the cart before the horse. 

Our Top 4 teams always finish in the T100 because of their OOS schedules and associated victories. Our publics refuse to play us; just like the GHSA won't let its members play IMG. We all acknowledge that we need OOS games more than most states. Hence, the passion of our posters on the topic.