Allen vs TBD in 2022

Allen TX vs TBD in 2022  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see Allen TX host in 2022?

• Bergen Catholic NJ
    • Don Bosco Prep NJ
    • Good Counsel MD
    • St John Bosco CA
    • St John's DC
    • St Joseph Regional NJ

7 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Sorry to hear that the CQ HC was an unsatisfied customer. The Head Coaches from the following teams all enjoyed and appreciated their Q&As on this site back in the day, and most of them are still close friends of mine to this day:

DLS, Milton, Cardinal Gibbons FL, Lee, John's Creek, SJR, SJB, DBP and Grayson.

9 out of 10 ain't bad. I'll take those numbers any and all day! 

I wonder how many appreciated you logging onto a coach account? 🤔

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You do realize that MD has only traveled far and wide to play a relevant OOS opponent ONCE (SJC). 

In recent years we went Gorman who is relevant. Last year we played Centennial Arizona who was one of that state’s decent teams. 
I have never been a big fan of using resources to travel far and wide when there is plenty of good more local competition. Plenty of alumni and boosters feel the same way as I do.  I’m an advocate of playing Cen10, Folsom, CC, Helix, DLS, Gorman, etc prior to Trinity League. It is a shame we are not playing these teams. No need to get on a plane. The largest benefit of traveling far away is the ‘experience’ for the kids.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

In recent years we went Gorman who is relevant. Last year we played Centennial Arizona who was one of that state’s decent teams. 
I have never been a big fan of using resources to travel far and wide when there is plenty of good more local competition. Plenty of alumni and boosters feel the same way as I do.  I’m an advocate of playing Cen10, Folsom, CC, Helix, DLS, Gorman, etc prior to Trinity League. It is a shame we are not playing these teams. No need to get on a plane. The largest benefit of traveling far away is the ‘experience’ for the kids.

This "far and wide" demand is some of the silliest shit ever. Non-bordering states Yada Yada Yada. 

It just doesn't generally make good fiscal sense for most any team. Especially large publics with big rosters that rely on increased participation from students in a specific boundary to survive. 

It's a lot of nonsense. The games are fun to watch from a fan perspective, but, it's not like college where t.v. and endorsement deals are paying the school. We are talking about small travel stipends for these high schools. It's ludicrous, especially, as you say, there is often good teams to play that don't require plane trips and pared down rosters. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This "far and wide" demand is some of the silliest shit ever. Non-bordering states Yada Yada Yada. 

It just doesn't generally make good fiscal sense for most any team. Especially large publics with big rosters that rely on increased participation from students in a specific boundary to survive. 

It's a lot of nonsense. The games are fun to watch from a fan perspective, but, it's not like college where t.v. and endorsement deals are paying the school. We are talking about small travel stipends for these high schools. It's ludicrous, especially, as you say, there is often good teams to play that don't require plane trips and pared down rosters. 

So y u guys play oos against Bishop sul, plant , tca  , ahp Chicago teams 

if oos don’t matter , why ur coaches play oos?

22 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This landscape is changing. Over the next 4 years, PGL/Flo will be doling out between $500k-$1M to hsfb teams around America to particpate in quality, OOS games. The best is yet to come! 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

agreed

12 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

2nd options....especially if you can't find games within your state. When I say "can't find," it means when teams pass on the opportunity to play you. 

35 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

That’s a lot of last options to be playing oos,   They don’t have that trouble finding games, there’s a thousand Alcovys in the state that would love to play the packers for some of that Gate money 💴 

Not just gonna single out colquitt here, but the whole scheduling process ain't as cut and dried as you may think. 

#PublicSchoolProbs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

First off... I didn't say OOS doesn't matter, so pay attention and comprehend. Don't be an @Ga96

What I said was these "far and wide" demands from a few loons trying to profit from it at the end of the day are stupid. Non-bordering states demands and that type nonsense. 

Teams from Georgia can find great competition in Florida and the Carolinas along with some in Alabama. There simply isn't a need to fly to California to prove anything. Especially when the money ain't right. 

These teams mostly agreed to play for similar dollar amounts as local teams. Also, as someone else said, sometimes things don't align for area schools, so, there is sometimes a necessity to branch out wider for games. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

This landscape is changing. Over the next 4 years, PGL/Flo will be doling out between $500k-$1M to hsfb teams around America to particpate in quality, OOS games. The best is yet to come! 

So this is your new USA Academy/white whale then. 

That money isn't there. It's all sizzle and salad sammiches. 

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

First off... I didn't say OOS doesn't matter, so pay attention and comprehend. Don't be an @Ga96

He's dumber than 96.....it's so close though.

imagoodboynow is still in the "fucking you mother" phase of life. You seen his posts directed towards my mother? Posted another one today.

He should thank God tonight I can't get my hands on him.

58 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

What I said was these "far and wide" demands from a few loons trying to profit from it at the end of the day are stupid. Non-bordering states demands and that type nonsense. 

Teams from Georgia can find great competition in Florida and the Carolinas along with some in Alabama. There simply isn't a need to fly to California to prove anything. Especially when the money ain't right. 

These teams mostly agreed to play for similar dollar amounts as local teams. Also, as someone else said, sometimes things don't align for area schools, so, there is sometimes a necessity to branch out wider for games. 

Definitely not being A Ga, just saying colquitt has an absurd amount of oos games, just stating thier is a reason behind why

5 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Definitely not being A Ga, just saying colquitt has an absurd amount of oos games, just stating thier is a reason behind why

Nah, you were putting words in my mouth that I never said for some stupid agenda because you disagree with my opinion. 

Colquitt has played oos games since I was a kid. We played Florida schools, Alabama schools and South Carolina schools as far back as I can remember. Not every season, but, a lot of seasons through the years. 

So, I never said oos didn't matter. What I did say was it doesn't make fiscal sense for a school with a large roster to have to pare down the roster and fly to some state a thousand miles away for a loss in revenue, when they flew right over good teams/competiton right next door. 

I love oos games. I love seeing the fans enjoy bragging rights and all that. I do feel like it helps give pollsters better ability to guess at who may be better over all also due to the connecting games after an oos game is played. 

It's silly to demand a team that relies on participation numbers to survive, pare down their roster and fly somewhere for what amounts to a fiscal loss monetarily and a potential participation loss in the future. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Having said that, as a fan,  I'm always excited when a team does take the loss in revenue and go somewhere for a huge match up. 

I hope that my team can and will do something like that too. 

I'm also rooted in the reality that the chances are slim. 

And why can’t colquitt do a showcase like Buford and Alpharetta does, how come packers can’t hold a 6 team showcase, ?

1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

And why can’t colquitt do a showcase like Buford and Alpharetta does, how come packers can’t hold a 6 team showcase, ?

I remember when Rogers became the new head coach he said something about keeping it in state. Not necessarily the biggest fan of the whole oos thing. 

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Nah, you were putting words in my mouth that I never said for some stupid agenda because you disagree with my opinion. 

Colquitt has played oos games since I was a kid. We played Florida schools, Alabama schools and South Carolina schools as far back as I can remember. Not every season, but, a lot of seasons through the years. 

So, I never said oos didn't matter. What I did say was it doesn't make fiscal sense for a school with a large roster to have to pare down the roster and fly to some state a thousand miles away for a loss in revenue, when they flew right over good teams/competiton right next door. 

I love oos games. I love seeing the fans enjoy bragging rights and all that. I do feel like it helps give pollsters better ability to guess at who may be better over all also due to the connecting games after an oos game is played. 

It's silly to demand a team that relies on participation numbers to survive, pare down their roster and fly somewhere for what amounts to a fiscal loss monetarily and a potential participation loss in the future. 

You about to open up a can of worms with this one... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I understand to each their own. But when there's a will, there's way. Milton has exemplified this mantra by scheduling games in CA, DC and PA the last three seasons. @Coach Clack is definitely a diamond in the rough! He gets IT.