NY vs TX in 2021

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Return trips never happen much for Louisiana, but we still play Texas and most every other state...we've played all the Texas Big Boys in Texas. We send little schools vs the Texas Giants too lots of the time. FACT!

Louisiana has played Hoover 3 times at Hoover, AL. Hoover hasn't been to the Bayou once, not once.....etc.

Fuck the return trip excuse. 

Red,

you and I have been conversing 10+
years so no reason for the F word especially with some young people peeking in, cool with you?

I was just making a point where certain states don’t get the same respect and rules applied.

If you play in Texas they should return the favor.

peace😀

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

My opinion happens to be a fact.

Your opinion/s?....rambling, babbling, piles of shit and excuses.

So from the Bayou to you. Don't be afraid of Texas. Your bones won't get broken.

your fact is crap.....you have 

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

Most every state that plays football has sent a team to Texas except nj.....even Illinois.

#sad

here is what is sad.....texas is sad...king of football...supposedly and yet we are waiting....little ole NJ...also just happens to be the King of OOS schedules....prove me wrong....lastly.....we take all comers....not special years.....I will wait 

1 hour ago, hardhit1 said:

If you play in Texas they should return the favor.

nj has never played in Texas, there's no favor.  AND,

Texas should travel more and teams shouldn't stack their rosters every off-season too.

People accept one, but not the other.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Yard Dart said:

And you don't speak for any team in Texas.  So, don't flatter YOURself.

Not even sure what this means, I doubt anyone else does either.

It's a national forum, for the most part......though really it's just a couple regional guys going around in circles everyday in one location.

4 hours ago, RedZone said:

Off the top of my head. nj has played IN Utah, Ohio, Arkansas, Georgia, Alabama, Nevada, maybe even a couple more....none of these states have sent teams to nj.

So, your story, as macho as it sounds......is pure 100% crap!

nj is just afraid of Texas, there's NO other explanation. nj won't even try to get Texas TAPP to travel to nj and they travel a lot.

Is what it is.

Gorman played a home and away series with Bergen Catholic (NJ) in 2012 and 2013. So you can scratch them off of your list.

Carry on. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SJR89 said:

your fact is crap.....you have 

here is what is sad.....texas is sad...king of football...supposedly and yet we are waiting....little ole NJ...also just happens to be the King of OOS schedules....prove me wrong....lastly.....we take all comers....not special years.....I will wait 

NJ has what 4 decent teams and maybe 1 or 2 really good ones here and there on any given year. NJ has 2 4 star athletes in the entire state between the 22 and 23 classes on 247. Texas has close to 40 in each class. Teams don't have to leave the dfw to play a team equally if not better then what Jersey best has to offer. 

20 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

This is a common excuse for not testing yourself OOS.

And it's both a falsehood and rarely exercised.

Texas doesn't have 40 decent teams in every class, but his general point is accurate in theory about nj.

It's not a very good high school football state.

14 hours ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Hayes is another excellent basketball school.  They could compete nationally on the hardwood, wouldn’t expect them to be trying to get there in football, but would be awesome for them - it is my fathers alma mater so always root for them.  Their most important game of the year will always be against Mt St Michael on Thanksgiving every year.  Any OOS games will just be to try and sharpen the teams skill.  I give kudos to any team that will give an effort to play a tough schedule, even if they don’t have the talent currently.  

All my uncles graduated Hayes and Mount. When I was a kid back in the 70s I went to many of their basketball games. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RedZone said:

Off the top of my head. nj has played IN Utah, Ohio, Arkansas, Georgia, Alabama, Nevada, maybe even a couple more....none of these states have sent teams to nj.

So, your story, as macho as it sounds......is pure 100% crap!

You conveniently left CA and FL off your list. NJ played the following teams IN those states: DLS, MV, SJB, JS, Serra, STA, Plant, Manatee, FPC and IMG among others. 

10 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You conveniently left CA and FL off your list. NJ played the following teams IN those states: DLS, MV, SJB, JS, Serra, STA, Plant, Manatee, FPC and IMG among others. 

Which has absolutely NOTHING to do with the point........You conveniently left that off.

3 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

This is a common excuse for not testing yourself OOS.

And it's both a falsehood and rarely exercised.

Duncanville could play SLC without leaving the DFW and they would had played a team better then anyone in New Jersey. Not a falsehood a fact. 

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

Texas doesn't have 40 decent teams in every class, but his general point is accurate in theory about nj.

It's not a very good high school football state.

I was saying close to 40 4 stars in each class but I think the Top 40 in 6A are pretty decent teams. In 5A you probably got another 10-15 decent teams. 

1 minute ago, Gametyme said:

What is keeping Jersey from coming to Texas ? 

In recent years both Allen and Desoto have declined our advances after showing early interest. TX also doesn't pay as well as other states. For example, when BC played Grayson they received a travel stipend of $12k. Allen only offered SJR $7k a few years back. DV may be our best oppty going fwd as they're both more courageous and generous than their brethren. 

Playing a nj school just isn't that important in the large picture, but nj dodging Texas for 100 years is pretty telling.

They have used every excuse known to man....couple thousand dollars here, cut-blocking there, has to be a home/home and etc.

nj will never play in Texas. Mark that down.