NY vs TX in 2021

Just logged on and saw this. Back on topic, If we are talking the current state of the program, currently Stepinac is the 2nd best Catholic school in their own County, Iona Prep was the best Catholic school team last season in Westchester, and probably the best team in the state.

Stepinac is a basketball school first these days, no question about it.  I will say this, the current Stepinac administration has recently gone above and beyond in trying to accommodate and broaden their student athletes profiles.   I’m sure the Stepinac kids will have a great experience down in TX, but considering their current talent level, the talent level seemingly of their opponent, and it most likely being their 1st game of the season, I would not count on Stepinac winning.  

I would bet on them on them if this game was being played 5 v 5 in a gym, but not 11 v 11 on a field.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Just logged on and saw this. Back on topic, If we are talking the current state of the program, currently Stepinac is the 2nd best Catholic school in their own County, Iona Prep was the best Catholic school team last season in Westchester, and probably the best team in the state.

Stepinac is a basketball school first these days, no question about it.  I will say this, the current Stepinac administration has recently gone above and beyond in trying to accommodate and broaden their student athletes profiles.   I’m sure the Stepinac kids will have a great experience down in TX, but considering their current talent level, the talent level seemingly of their opponent, and it most likely being their 1st game of the season, I would not count on Stepinac winning.  

I would bet on them on them if this game was being played 5 v 5 in a gym, but not 11 v 11 on a field.

Should be an interesting game. All Saints is a Texas TAPP school, in other words.....fancy way of saying Private School. Texas TAPP schools have come a long way as more families are sending their kids to Private High Schools in Texas because the Public Schools jam kids in there like sardines and you are just student #3,674 at most of these mega Public schools.

Anyways, All Saints streams their games and the link is on the link I posted if you want to watch.

https://ptfsaints.com/football/

All Saints doesn't have a huge stadium like most of the Texas publics. It holds about 2500-3000, but it is turf and looks nice.

unnamed.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

IP is playing DBP this season!! 

9 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

IP is playing DBP this season!! 

Unfortunately for Iona Prep (Unless I am overrating Bosco), this matchup is coming a year too late for them.  They are graduating their most dynamic offensive player, QB Darius Wilson (Committed to William & Mary).  Unless they have someone in the pipeline to take his spot it might be a long day for them. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Unfortunately for Iona Prep (Unless I am overrating Bosco), this matchup is coming a year too late for them.  They are graduating their most dynamic offensive player, QB Darius Wilson (Committed to William & Mary).  Unless they have someone in the pipeline to take his spot it might be a long day for them. 

It seems like that Catholic League is usually pretty balanced. The top 2-3 teams are usually pretty even. (Not in '2020' of course, but on the whole).

6 hours ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

It seems like that Catholic League is usually pretty balanced. The top 2-3 teams are usually pretty even. (Not in '2020' of course, but on the whole).

Usually that is a pretty fair statement, Ali though some years there has been large gaps between the top team and everyone else.  The best QB in the CHSAA this year I believe is Cardinal Hayes QB Henry Belin IV.  Just recently committed to Duke 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Usually that is a pretty fair statement, Ali though some years there has been large gaps between the top team and everyone else.  The best QB in the CHSAA this year I believe is Cardinal Hayes QB Henry Belin IV.  Just recently committed to Duke 

cardinal Hayes has ballers I really don’t understand why they can’t compete nationally, maybe coaching?? Even tho I thought they got pretty good coaching 

22 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Hayes is close to securing a game at SJC. Following Bosco's lead. 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2021 at 9:23 AM, RedZone said:

Maybe nj can take that step one year.

hey Jackass.......we have tried....were not playing one way games...they have to come to NJ as well....we have talked to Allen / Desoto and others...etc.  not gonna pay 100k for a one way trip....Texas asshats have to make the trip as well.....

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

hey Jackass.......we have tried....were not playing one way games...they have to come to NJ as well....we have talked to Allen / Desoto and others...etc.  not gonna pay 100k for a one way trip....Texas asshats have to make the trip as well.....

Only way I ever seeing us get a game against a Texas team is if ESPN OR SOMEONE Like that wil sponsor and broadcast the game 

3 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

cardinal Hayes has ballers I really don’t understand why they can’t compete nationally, maybe coaching?? Even tho I thought they got pretty good coaching 

depth on the lines and special teams.  They will always have skill position talent, but their best lineman either have to go both ways or they have to sacrifice talent on the line of scrimmage.  Also not ideal situation for practice / field space being that they are on the Grand Concourse in the Bronx.  Not too many football field space anywhere in NYC.  I would love to see any of the “great coaches” in the USA try and get national results when they have to travel to a HOME field and have limitations on field time / space / location.  Bet you a lot of these “super high school coaching geniuses” would yield some average results.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Hayes is close to securing a game at SJC. Following Bosco's lead. 

Hayes is another excellent basketball school.  They could compete nationally on the hardwood, wouldn’t expect them to be trying to get there in football, but would be awesome for them - it is my fathers alma mater so always root for them.  Their most important game of the year will always be against Mt St Michael on Thanksgiving every year.  Any OOS games will just be to try and sharpen the teams skill.  I give kudos to any team that will give an effort to play a tough schedule, even if they don’t have the talent currently.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

we have tried....were not playing one way games...they have to come to NJ as well

Off the top of my head. nj has played IN Utah, Ohio, Arkansas, Georgia, Alabama, Nevada, maybe even a couple more....none of these states have sent teams to nj.

So, your story, as macho as it sounds......is pure 100% crap!

nj is just afraid of Texas, there's NO other explanation. nj won't even try to get Texas TAPP to travel to nj and they travel a lot.

Is what it is.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Off the top of my head. nj has played IN Utah, Ohio, Arkansas, Georgia, Alabama, Nevada, maybe even a couple more....none of these states have sent teams to nj.

nj is just afraid of Texas, there's NO other explanation. nj won't even try to get Texas TAPP to travel to nj and they travel a lot.

Is what it is.

I heard a nj poster or coach (I forget) say one year a while back that as long as Texas plays by NCAA Rules nj would never send a team to Texas. Turning out to be pretty damn accurate.

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I heard a nj poster or coach (I forget) say one year a while back that as long as Texas plays by NCAA Rules nj would never send a team to Texas. Turning out to be pretty damn accurate.

A lot of states, teams & posters have said and expressed this point.

2 way street baby , not your way😂

6 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Is what it is.

no jackass.....those teams also cancelled the two way contract at least for SJR....so no more us shelling out...fundraising etc....NJ has made it's bones and then some in the OOS....maybe more the most when its only been really the BIG 3 ....so you opinion is baseless.....when the Fucks from texas wanna man up and come to NJ....we will wait........we will not spend our money for anyone that will not honor a two way contract....so from NJ to you,,,,go fuck yourself 

• Haha 2

Just now, SJR89 said:

no jackass.....those teams also cancelled the two way contract at least for SJR....so no more us shelling out...fundraising etc....NJ has made it's bones and then some in the OOS....maybe more the most when its only been really the BIG 3 ....so you opinion is baseless.....when the Fucks from texas wanna man up and come to NJ....we will wait........we will not spend our money for anyone that will not honor a two way contract....so from NJ to you,,,,go fuck yourself 

My opinion happens to be a fact.

Your opinion/s?....rambling, babbling, piles of shit and excuses.

So from the Bayou to you. Don't be afraid of Texas. Your bones won't get broken.

• Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

The point is the return trip that never happens and we all know this

Return trips never happen much for Louisiana, but we still play Texas and most every other state...we've played all the Texas Big Boys in Texas. We send little schools vs the Texas Giants too lots of the time. FACT!

Louisiana has played Hoover 3 times at Hoover, AL. Hoover hasn't been to the Bayou once, not once.....etc.

Fuck the return trip excuse.