LDT 2021 TOP 15 most Bush league teams

imaGoodBoyNow

For the caliber team that Austin Westlake is fielding this upcoming fall they sure have a very ho-hum schedule. The only decent team they'll be playing in non-District is Euless Trinity, which i'm sure you all are familiar with. That'll be a good game between the No. 1 and No. 7 team in Texas 6A (Pre-season rankings.) Aside from that, the rest of their schedule is extremely monotonous in terms of challenging games. They do play rival Lake Travis in District but that's out of their control to schedule. I would've loved to see them play another dominant team from around Texas, there's no shortage of those type teams within the state. Heck, would be awesome to have them play Thompson or Grayson.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Champa said:

I would not have minded seeing Westlake play someone. Hell get some revenge on Liberty Nevada if nothing else.

Give Allen another year. They've hosted plenty of OOS teams before.

I wish Georgia and TX could meet somewhere in the middle and play each other. Would love to see Grayson, Buford or Lowndes go against Katy, Allen, or Duncanville/North Shore. 

1 minute ago, WILKINSON said:

For the caliber team that Austin Westlake is fielding this upcoming fall they sure have a very ho-hum schedule. The only decent team they'll be playing in non-District is Euless Trinity, which i'm sure you all are familiar with. That'll be a good game between the No. 1 and No. 7 team in Texas 6A (Pre-season rankings.) Aside from that, the rest of their schedule is extremely monotonous in terms of challenging games. They do play rival Lake Travis in District but that's out of their control to schedule. I would've loved to see them play another dominant team from around Texas, there's no shortage of those type teams within the state. Heck, would be awesome to have them play Thompson or Grayson.

Their schedule last year was pretty horrible too. Way too talented and well coached to not go prove themselves against somebody else of their caliber. Their DC impressed me in the semifinals and finals games I watched last year. I could be wrong but I believe when I was looking on Twitter at comments about the MD/DV game, somebody mentioned Westlake could possibly play in 6a D2 this year? I thought they just moved up to D1 after winning state in D2 the previous year? 

19 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

So there’s a chance a private school can be best team in Georgia??

If we're being objective, I feel like there's a strong argument for Buford being the best team in GA. I mean, they've won on every level outside of 7A (which they haven't hit YET). Definitely what you'd call the "model of consistency." 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Southlake Carroll may seem like they have a very cupcake schedule if you're not from Texas, they've got some decent games coming this fall. Definitely not the toughest teams out there but certainly competitive. Highland Park, Rockwall-Heath, and Prosper all advanced to the 4th round of the 2020 playoffs. Arlington Martin lost in the 3rd round to Carroll so that'll be a nice rematch. 

BUT, I would still have loved to see SLC play another state power or OOS team. Would be cool to see a Miami Northwestern-Southlake Carroll rematch! 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Their schedule last year was pretty horrible too. Way too talented and well coached to not go prove themselves against somebody else of their caliber. Their DC impressed me in the semifinals and finals games I watched last year. I could be wrong but I believe when I was looking on Twitter at comments about the MD/DV game, somebody mentioned Westlake could possibly play in 6a D2 this year? I thought they just moved up to D1 after winning state in D2 the previous year? 

They'll more than likely be D2 this year. It really all depends on who makes the playoffs from their District. Maybe someone else from TX can better explain the way it works but it's all got to do with enrollment numbers.

• Like 2

North Shore also has a very weak schedule for being at the higher echelon of TX powers. The only "competitive" (if you will) game they've got is against Westfield. 

Katy is on the same boat. Not sure why Gary Joseph never likes to play teams outside their comfort zone. They could've had some decent OOS wins if they wanted to. 

Allen plays No. 6 Atascocita and Cedar Hill. That's a pretty respectable schedule. I'm sure Chad Morris will schedule some good OOS teams in the next few years. DeSoto's schedule = super disappointing. Lake Travis plays Arlington Martin, Judson, and Rockwall, not a bad schedule. Cedar Hill has Rockwall and Allen. 

Some good intra-state games but if you're looking for TX vs USA type games then your best bet is Duncanville. Surprised to see Nolan Catholic take on Santa Margarita, interesting game. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

You can be D1 one year and D2 the next year.

Out of the four teams that make the playoffs in their district, the two schools with the largest enrollment numbers go D1. The two smaller schools go D2.

That means you could have a 4th place team going D1 and the 1st place team going D2. For Westlake to go D1, they'd need two schools with smaller enrollment numbers to make the playoffs in their district.

It's always hard to tell how good they really are until deep in the playoffs. Besides Lake Travis, yeah, their comp is pretty pathetic. They were the real deal last year, but I've also seen them choke and look like frauds in seasons past also.

I think this year is a safe bet they're really good though.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

These (s) teams are the best of the best teams in nation(,)that are not challenging thier(their) team with a difficult schedule(.)

coming soon

#1 most cupcake team in nation 

1. Westlake Tx

2. Thompson Alabama

3 South Lake Carrol TEjas

4.  Grayson Georgia 

5. Lowndes 

6. North Shore

7. Center Grove Indiana 

8 Katy Texas

9 corner canyon Utah

10 Folsom Coffee ️ 

11 Bixby oklahomo 

12 Allen Texas 

13 St Thomas Moore Louisiana 

I PROTEST VIGOROUSLY! WHERE are Justin's HOGS? Unless you are considering that Westlake, Cedar Grove, Lowndes, Camden Co., Valdosta, and Marietta, aren't slappies?

4 hours ago, Champa said:

I would not have minded seeing Westlake play someone. Hell get some revenge on Liberty Nevada if nothing else.

Give Allen another year. They've hosted plenty of OOS teams before.

With an enrollment of 7,000, more than all but six universities in Georgia! Allen SHOULD play anyone, anywhere!