Does Duncanville have any chance against Mater Dei?

24 minutes ago, Gospeeder said:

Lots of expressed opinions that have some merit but... The bottom line is both of these squads have talent through the roof and its going to get down to execution.

Can't speak for DV as I have not seen them in person but MD over the last few seasons has had an offensive air show that honestly can only be appreciated when visually experienced first hand... so... if EB is on target MD should prevail. If DV can consistently harass him and keep him from pulling off the BY type of breakaways, no one will be leaving the stadium early.

If they load the box they’ll get picked apart through the air. If they drop 6-7 Raleek Brown will run for 300 yards. 

Also, I REALLY hope they learned how to tackle this off season. Raleek Brown is just a tad bit faster and a little more shifty than this kid from Southlake  (;

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

If they load the box they’ll get picked apart through the air. If they drop 6-7 Raleek Brown will run for 300 yards. 

Also, I REALLY hope they learned how to tackle this off season. Raleek Brown is just a tad bit faster and a little more shifty than this kid from Southlake  (;

Do you honestly think MD looked like world beaters this spring? servite hung around 

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Do you honestly think MD looked like world beaters this spring? servite hung around 

We had no scrimmage and played Jserra and OLu before playing servite. They woke us up, credit to them for that. Then we put it on bosco. I don’t think there’s another team in the country that beats bosco by 17. Also, we started a freshman at Quarterback. He made huge strides after getting those games under his belt. If the game against DV is difficult for MD, we are in big trouble when we go to bosco on Oct. 1st. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Servite is like that little brother whose loud and aggressive with his older brothers (Bosco and Mater Dei) but with strangers (out of state teams everyone else) he's shy and timid and afriad to say anything

9 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

We had no scrimmage and played Jserra and OLu before playing servite. They woke us up, credit to them for that. Then we put it on bosco. I don’t think there’s another team in the country that beats bosco by 17. Also, we started a freshman at Quarterback. He made huge strides after getting those games under his belt. If the game against DV is difficult for MD, we are in big trouble when we go to bosco on Oct. 1st. 

We’ll see.   He’s now a sophomore with 5 games under his belt, you all act as if he’s a 3 year starter. We’ll see what he does out of state playing with different rules. 

9 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

We’ll see.   He’s now a sophomore with 5 games under his belt, you all act as if he’s a 3 year starter. We’ll see what he does out of state playing with different rules. 

I don’t think anybody is acting like he’s a 3 year starter. Anyway, looking forward to it. He’s currently the #4 QB in his class. By the time it’s all said and done, I think he’ll be #1. 

13 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

This right here

what kind of secondary does DV have? I believe their best chance at success is containing Brown from breaking long runs and making a sophomore QB beat them through the air and if he can good for him.

1 minute ago, Ararar said:

This right here

what kind of secondary does DV have? I believe their best chance at success is containing Brown from breaking long runs and making a sophomore QB beat them through the air and if he can good for him.

It’s pick your poison. Stop Raleek (if they can) & play solo on 4 D1 receivers (5 when QC is in the slot) & a 6’8 TE?  I’d hate to be their DC. 

https://247sports.com/Player/CJ-Williams-46082278/ 

https://247sports.com/Player/Cooper-Barkate-46093939/

https://247sports.com/player/marcus-harris-46117120/ 

https://247sports.com/player/jack-ressler-46103803/ 

& 6’8 245 TE Spencer Shannon 

11 minutes ago, Ararar said:

This right here

DV is talented at all 3 levels; DL, LBs and secondary. Regardless of talent, if they can’t put pressure on the QB, blitzes then it won’t matter.  Can’t give any good QB time to sit in the pocket. 

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

MD is better than IMG. And IMG beat DV by 27. 

DV had no spring ball, limited summer, cancelled 1st game while IMG sequestered players in July and came in riding a 4 game adv already under their belt! You gotta look at details and not just final scores.  All of those things mattered …  

and no MD week 1 this spring was not better than IMG with several games under their belt.  

9 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

DB Keontae Williams (4 offers) transferred into DV from a school in Fort Worth. What will the excuse be? My pick - “Every kid on DV is home grown, Duncanville K-12, that’s why they lost to MD.” 😂 

MD transfers: 0     DV transfers: not 0 

How many MD players/starters live in or are from Santa Ana? 

Id be willing to bet the vast majority of DV's players are from Duncanville.

19 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

DB Keontae Williams (4 offers) transferred into DV from a school in Fort Worth. What will the excuse be? My pick - “Every kid on DV is home grown, Duncanville K-12, that’s why they lost to MD.” 😂 

MD transfers: 0     DV transfers: not 0 

You could have saved that.  😂 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

They have players that came from outside their enrollment district. The point is that the homegrown nonsense (you’re trying to push) is ridiculous. As stated by a Texan a couple of posts above. Goofball Lol

I wonder is DV knows MD is a private school? 

It’s not about pushing a homegrown narrative, it’s pushing an enrollment footprint narrative.  Kids come from all over OC to attend MD.  Kids aren’t coming all over DFW to attend DV. 

we only need to look at the racial makeup of your team compared to the school demographics and it’s vastly different.   

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

It’s pick your poison. Stop Raleek (if they can) & play solo on 4 D1 receivers (5 when QC is in the slot) & a 6’8 TE?  I’d hate to be their DC. 

https://247sports.com/Player/CJ-Williams-46082278/ 

https://247sports.com/Player/Cooper-Barkate-46093939/

https://247sports.com/player/marcus-harris-46117120/ 

https://247sports.com/player/jack-ressler-46103803/ 

& 6’8 245 TE Spencer Shannon 

I’m just thinking if I’m DV what’s my best defensive strategy.If Brown is running wild then they have very little chance of winning.Play action would be deadly.Contain Brown and take your chances with the Sophomore QB

• Like 1