Does Duncanville have any chance against Mater Dei?

5 hours ago, On2whls said:

My stepson from the Dallas area, just texted he tried to get tickets to the game but says they are sold out.  He heard of people shelling out up to $300 a pop.  I wonder if that’s true or hype.  Says he started inquiring a while ago but was told he had to wait until it got closer to game time.

BTW, would anyone that reads this pay $300 just to see that game?   I wouldn’t pay that for a state championship game.

One little step ( of many ) imo toward the destruction of the emotional impact that HS football used to have.

• Like 5

On 6/27/2021 at 4:58 PM, Ga96 said:

For some reason those tejas times never hold up outside of tejas

That’s why Ft Worth Wyatt ran sub 40 4x100 in Florida and then turned around and set the national record in the 4x200 all in Florida.

fact the best 4x100 ever produced in Florida by a Florida team was in that race vs Ft Worth Wyatt HS 

• Like 1

On 6/27/2021 at 2:50 PM, Gametyme said:

Im always intrigued by track times. My son sprint relay made it to state in 6A this past year went 40.96 not bad did beat Duncanville at the state meet. 10.25 is still ridiculous. My son more of a 200m guy at 21.63 but he's only a 10th grader. 

DV sprint relay had multiple injuries at the end of the year.

16 minutes ago, Texasball said:

So they are going to purposely run it up?

What is your score prediction?

If DV gets solid QB play this will be solid game!!!

The QB will need to have time for that to happen,  regardless of whose back there.  Duncanville needs to be able to run the ball some and I don't think that'll happen.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

The QB will need to have time for that to happen,  regardless of whose back there.  Duncanville, needs to be able to run the ball some and I don't think that'll happen.  

It may not be perfect but I believe DV will match up good enough in the trenches.  

46 minutes ago, Texasball said:

So they are going to purposely run it up?

What is your score prediction?

If DV gets solid QB play this will be solid game!!!

No, Rollo won’t run it up. We want to come back to Texas in the future. Hopefully to play the top team in the state. I can see DV scoring a couple times if we’re sloppy. We’re going to rotate 5-6 guys at DL, I think being fresh in the trenches for four quarters will be one of the biggest differences in the game. I hope it’s a great game but I’m rolling with MD big. First game for both so there will be mistakes. I’ll go MD 35-7 right now. Make sure you take care of those Texas refs before the game!!

6 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

No, Rollo won’t run it up. We want to come back to Texas in the future. Hopefully to play the top team in the state. I can see DV scoring a couple times if we’re sloppy. We’re going to rotate 5-6 guys at DL, I think being fresh in the trenches for four quarters will be one of the biggest differences in the game. I hope it’s a great game but I’m rolling with MD big. First game for both so there will be mistakes. I’ll go MD 35-7 right now. Make sure you take care of those Texas refs before the game!!

I respect your honesty.  Duncanville will rotate 5-6 in the trenches as well. I personally don’t think it will be the blowout that everyone expects.  Still believe MD wins though.  Safe travels to you guys.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

That game was close because SJB was rotating two mediocre QBs. MD will roll. 

You really don't like public schools huh. Why even set up these type of games if you know teams such as MD and SJB will "roll" teams like Miami Central and Duncanville.

MD, SJB, IMG should win against a public school 9 times out of 10. 

3 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

You really don't like public schools huh. Why even set up these type of games if you know teams such as MD and SJB will "roll" teams like Miami Central and Duncanville.

MD, SJB, IMG should win against a public school 9 times out of 10. 

I love top-tier public schools that like to challenge themselves. The opposite of those like Corner Canyon UT and Center Grove IN. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Texasboys23 said:

I respect your honesty.  Duncanville will rotate 5-6 in the trenches as well. I personally don’t think it will be the blowout that everyone expects.  Still believe MD wins though.  Safe travels to you guys.  

I don’t believe either team will dominate the line of scrimmage to the point it is big advantage for them.  
This game will come down to execution!

DV QB will he be accurate or throw to the other team?  
It will be close to 90 temp come kick off time.  Sunset here is 8pm our nights don’t cool off as quickly- Heat will be factor.  Especially if your team defense is on the field too much - due to turnovers and stupid penalties.  This works both ways for either team especially in game 1  

DV 4 star wr has transferred back to Lancaster HS - is this old news?