Does Duncanville have any chance against Mater Dei?

14 hours ago, Yard Dart said:

Gary Joseph is the best head coach in the State of Texas at the 6A level.  Maybe any level.  He's the winningest HC in Texas High School Football history.  He's the fastest to 200 wins.  He's in the Coach's Hall of Fame.  He's taken his team to 9 Title games in 16 years, winning 5 of them.  He's won 2 Nattys.  Reggie's not anywhere near Gary's level.

You could definitely make a case for Scott Surratt being the best in the state. But my general point is that, despite not winning a state championship, Samples is one of the best in the state because of the impact he makes on a program and how they are when he leaves. Gary Joseph is great, but Katy was elite before him and they'll be elite when he leaves. With Samples, Lincoln hasn't been the same since he left, Skyline hasn't been the same since he left there, and it's TBD if Duncanville will be the same when he leaves. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, DB4 said:

You could definitely make a case for Scott Surratt being the best in the state. But my general point is that, despite not winning a state championship, Samples is one of the best in the state because of the impact he makes on a program and how they are when he leaves. Gary Joseph is great, but Katy was elite before him and they'll be elite when he leaves. With Samples, Lincoln hasn't been the same since he left, Skyline hasn't been the same since he left there, and it's TBD if Duncanville will be the same when he leaves. 

Well said.

17 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Bryces teams weren’t even the best MD teams ever. The 2021 defense will be the best we’ve ever had and it will only improve the next few years. Elijah also went undefeated in the trinity league as a 15 year old freshman. BY & JT didn’t do that. Elijah will be the top QB in his class when it’s all said and done. 

Debatable IMO

On 6/27/2021 at 4:16 PM, Texasboys23 said:

Mater Dei week one is probably not the best opponent to test out a new offense,

That is a really scary truth right there.  Sheesh, at least get one game under your belt!  This is gonna be so ugly.

9 hours ago, DB4 said:

Katy was NOT elite before him.  He, along with Mike Johnston, made Katy elite.  I'm a Katy native.  I watched it all unfold.  I'm not saying Reggie Samples isn't a good coach.  He is.  But, he's not the best.

7 hours ago, Yard Dart said:

Katy was NOT elite before him.  He, along with Mike Johnston, made Katy elite.  I'm a Katy native.  I watched it all unfold.  I'm not saying Reggie Samples isn't a good coach.  He is.  But, he's not the best.

They won 4 state championships before he was head coach.

I love how you claim that they were NOT elite before he got there but then your next sentence mentions how the previous head coach made them elite.

Funny stuff.

• Thanks 1

On 6/29/2021 at 7:20 AM, Atticus Finch said:

They won 4 state championships before he was head coach.

I love how you claim that they were NOT elite before he got there but then your next sentence mentions how the previous head coach made them elite.

Funny stuff.

They won once before he was on the staff. Joseph has been at Katy for 30+ years. That's a lot of rings he's been involved in.

On 6/28/2021 at 11:38 PM, Yard Dart said:

Crazy, because I said "one of the best", which would imply there are others in that category. But carry on my guy. 

• 1 month later...