Does Duncanville have any chance against Mater Dei?

1 minute ago, Gametyme said:

Yes Lincoln not SOC. If you ask me what he did at Lincoln was more impressive then any place he has been. I wonder if Todd Dodge could win at a school like Lincoln ?

I say nope. No disrespect intended to Todd Dodge, he's a phenomenal high school head coach, but most of the schools that he's worked at are suburban with a crazy amount of resources. I think it's easier as a coach to go into those situations because the infrastructure is at least there. Meanwhile, when you're going into Dallas ISD schools, the resources are nowhere near the same (no indoor facility, no on campus stadium, among other things). Even Duncanville's facilities, while solid, aren't like a lot of other schools in DFW.

I personally think Samples is the best HS coach in the state of TX purely based on his impact when he goes to a school; everywhere he's gone, that school has become elite. Duncanville hasn't won a state title, but they lost one on a Hail Mary and I think they win in 2019 if Ja'Quinden Jackson doesn't get hurt. Even still, he is among the best of the best.

• Like 2

Just now, DB4 said:

I say nope. No disrespect intended to Todd Dodge, he's a phenomenal high school head coach, but most of the schools that he's worked at are suburban with a crazy amount of resources. I think it's easier as a coach to go into those situations because the infrastructure is at least there. Meanwhile, when you're going into Dallas ISD schools, the resources are nowhere near the same (no indoor facility, no on campus stadium, among other things). Even Duncanville's facilities, while solid, aren't like a lot of other schools in DFW.

I personally think Samples is the best HS coach in the state of TX purely based on his impact when he goes to a school; everywhere he's gone, that school has become elite. Duncanville hasn't won a state title, but they lost one on a Hail Mary and I think they win in 2019 if Ja'Quinden Jackson doesn't get hurt. Even still, he is among the best of the best.

I agree with everything you said here. I really want Samples to get him one.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Antt said:

Is what it is 1this bg team couldn't F with bg 2016 and this MD team couldn't f with Bryce Young MD team that's 2 a Top 10 teams ever 

Bryces teams weren’t even the best MD teams ever. The 2021 defense will be the best we’ve ever had and it will only improve the next few years. Elijah also went undefeated in the trinity league as a 15 year old freshman. BY & JT didn’t do that. Elijah will be the top QB in his class when it’s all said and done. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

You understand what I mean though. A lot of texas kids have blistering times but not many transfer to the next level. Look at the boling kid.

lol what are you talking about? Boling won the 2021 NCAA Indoor 200 meter title and ran. 45.28 4x400 split for a team that finished 4th in that race.

Boling is the fastest outdoor sprinter UGA has in the 1 and 2 and is 2nd fastest in the 4.

55 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Bryces teams weren’t even the best MD teams ever. The 2021 defense will be the best we’ve ever had and it will only improve the next few years. Elijah also went undefeated in the trinity league as a 15 year old freshman. BY & JT didn’t do that. Elijah will be the top QB in his class when it’s all said and done. 

54 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Opinions we all got them 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DB4 said:

Gary Joseph is the best head coach in the State of Texas at the 6A level.  Maybe any level.  He's the winningest HC in Texas High School Football history.  He's the fastest to 200 wins.  He's in the Coach's Hall of Fame.  He's taken his team to 9 Title games in 16 years, winning 5 of them.  He's won 2 Nattys.  Reggie's not anywhere near Gary's level.

On 6/26/2021 at 10:39 PM, CaliNorth said:

If MD is who they are supposed to be , I think the absolute best is for DV to keep it respectable . Most likely a blowout if MD is like they have been the last 4 yrs.  Like you said , the line play is where DV is out matched. And depth as well . This isn't a H.S. team, but rather an Academy posing as a H.S.   Question : Is DV supposed to be better this season ?

Do “Academies” have a Disney club or Choral…90B79CEF-7096-4298-866A-6BF88BD60E8B.thumb.png.7cce2e1a38c4263ff08f18c0731b4a05.pngBDABBB48-62B2-4BAC-A52B-80229E62A448.thumb.png.7bbf10fbe3393715db77d96478649a0a.png

also the MD Ring of Honor (the MD Hall of Fame) is filled with almost non-athletes 

2AA59A64-53CB-49C5-8333-A1232BC0BB4C.thumb.png.af387193c791f48b3905f2620dd0ab43.png

I don’t think IMG or Oak Hill have anything like this…

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Yard Dart said:

Gary Joseph is the best head coach in the State of Texas at the 6A level.  Maybe any level.  He's the winningest HC in Texas High School Football history.  He's the fastest to 200 wins.  He's in the Coach's Hall of Fame.  He's taken his team to 9 Title games in 16 years, winning 5 of them.  He's won 2 Nattys.  Reggie's not anywhere near Gary's level.

Gary Joseph has every resource available at Katy. What Samples did at Dallas Lincoln is more impressive then what Gary Joseph has done. 

• Thumbs Down 1

10 hours ago, Yard Dart said:

😄