Does Duncanville have any chance against Mater Dei?

21 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Yeah they're good. I don't think anyone is picking them to win the title. That shipped sailed with JJ graduating. MD should be able to handle them fairly easy.

I don’t think the ship has sailed.  I’ve been looking at rosters and they seem to have some solid upcoming classes.  They just need to build an entirely new offense. I seen that they have a new OC.  Mater Dei week one is probably not the best opponent to test out a new offense, but Samples is not the guy to shy away from a challenge.  

25 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I'd say that qualifies them as more courageous than Trinity.

It's not too aggressive and courageous to play 3 OOS games ALL at home in Texas using Texas rules and having other teams fly in..

Let Duncanville take their show on the road a couple times. Know what I'm saying?

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

It's not too aggressive and courageous to play 3 OOS games ALL at home in Texas using Texas rules and having other teams fly in..

Let Duncanville take their show on the road a couple times. Know what I'm saying?

Well we know they afraid to get on planes out of safe space, it is what it is , just gotta take what we can get

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Texasboys23 said:

I don’t think the ship has sailed.  I’ve been looking at rosters and they seem to have some solid upcoming classes.  They just need to build an entirely new offense. I seen that they have a new OC.  Mater Dei week one is probably not the best opponent to test out a new offense, but Samples is not the guy to shy away from a challenge.  

Parsons leaving put them behind the QB 8 ball. That kid last year was average on his best day. Ill take your word for it on up and coming talent. I want Samples to win him one before he is done. What he does for his kids is bigger then football and at the end of the day that's what its about. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Texas uses NCAA rules. I have seen how CA handles OT. Might as well play fortnite. Teams come to Texas for the experience. Doesn't matter where Duncanville plays MD they not beating them. 

2 hours ago, Yard Dart said:

Yep.  We had 2 kids clock a 10 flat at the Texas State meet...3rd fastest time in US history for a high school kid.  Six kids ran faster than Jackson's 10.25.  But, none of them play for Duncanville.

For some reason those tejas times never hold up outside of tejas

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Gametyme said:

Duncanville isnt some traditional football super power in Texas. They are only good right now because of Samples. Once he leaves they will go back to being an average team. They have one state championship and its was in 97. MD should not have any problem beating Duncanville with the roster they have assembled.

I disagree that they will go back to being average. I think Samples will leave the cupboard stocked as far as talent, both on the field and on the coaching staff. They may not be elite like they currently are, but I don't believe they will go back to average, at least if they hire a solid head coaching replacement.

But Samples is legendary, given what he's done at Lincoln, Skyline, and now Duncanville.

1 hour ago, DB4 said:

I disagree that they will go back to being average. I think Samples will leave the cupboard stocked as far as talent, both on the field and on the coaching staff. They may not be elite like they currently are, but I don't believe they will go back to average, at least if they hire a solid head coaching replacement.

But Samples is legendary, given what he's done at Lincoln, Skyline, and now Duncanville.

You could be right but I will say look at Skyline and SOC. SOC has been decent some years but nothing like when Samples was there.  Kids just seem to gravitate towards him. Duncanville will have the resources to stay in a better position once he leaves. 

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

I agree that traveling would be better but we can't be too choosy with these Texas teams. The fact that Duncanville even plays these teams is progress enough.

12 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

You could be right but I will say look at Skyline and SOC. SOC has been decent some years but nothing like when Samples was there.  Kids just seem to gravitate towards him. Duncanville will have the resources to stay in a better position once he leaves. 

Soc skyline, who the Hell are these Teams you speak of

https://www.6atexasfootball.com

FE03978F-7068-4451-B46B-FAD7A34CC2C8.gif

3 hours ago, Gametyme said:

Texas uses NCAA rules. I have seen how CA handles OT. Might as well play fortnite. Teams come to Texas for the experience. Doesn't matter where Duncanville plays MD they not beating them. 

Each team starts at the 25, each team gets a chance on offense and defense? Team with the higher score wins. If no one scores or tied after the OT go to another OT. I’ve seen this format California has used for decades used in other states as well. Honestly maybe I’m accustomed to it, but it doesn’t seem that terrible. 

30 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Each team starts at the 25, each team gets a chance on offense and defense? Team with the higher score wins. If no one scores or tied after the OT go to another OT. I’ve seen this format California has used for decades used in other states as well. Honestly maybe I’m accustomed to it, but it doesn’t seem that terrible. 

That's how Texas does it, too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gametyme said:

Totally fair, Samples has taken these schools to another level wherever he's been.

Just one correction though: he was never at SOC, not as head coach at least. He was at Lincoln at first, for awhile, then he went to Skyline (I think he woulda made state a time or 2 if not for that kid Kyler Murray). 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DB4 said:

Totally fair, Samples has taken these schools to another level wherever he's been.

Just one correction though: he was never at SOC, not as head coach at least. He was at Lincoln at first, for awhile, then he went to Skyline (I think he woulda made state a time or 2 if not for that kid Kyler Murray). 

Yes Lincoln not SOC. If you ask me what he did at Lincoln was more impressive then any place he has been. I wonder if Todd Dodge could win at a school like Lincoln ?

53 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

I watched a game one time they both took the ball at the 15 maybe it wasnt California. Although it was many years ago.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RedZone said:

I thought it was a federal law top Texas team do not go out of state.

• Haha 1