Does Duncanville have any chance against Mater Dei?

Just now, Horsefly said:

It’s not about pushing a homegrown narrative, it’s pushing an enrollment footprint narrative.  Kids come from all over OC to attend MD.  Kids aren’t coming all over DFW to attend DV. 

we only need to look at the racial makeup of your team compared to the school demographics and it’s vastly different.   

Huh? Nolan Catholic is 30 miles from duncanville. Lancaster is 15 miles away. Had transfers from both just this year. I guess kids from all over DFW aren’t attracted to DV. 👍 

MD is diverse, always has been. A minority student will never be turned away at MD. MD offers a platform that the majority of schools don’t. Take a look at Long Beach polys demographics and compare that to racial makeup of their team. 

7 minutes ago, Ararar said:

I’m just thinking if I’m DV what’s my best defensive strategy.If Brown is running wild then they have very little chance of winning.Play action would be deadly.Contain Brown and take your chances with the Sophomore QB

He threw for 3 TD’s against St John Bosco when they tested him. I’m excited for this one! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Huh? Nolan Catholic is 30 miles from duncanville. Lancaster is 15 miles away. Had transfers from both just this year. I guess kids from all over DFW aren’t attracted to DV. 👍 

MD is diverse, always has been. A minority student will never be turned away at MD. MD offers a platform that the majority of schools don’t. Take a look at Long Beach polys demographics and compare that to racial makeup of their team. 

Those are schools not living communities.  A kid going to Nolan can live in the Duncanville attendance zone.  They don’t have a kid from Lancaster, he went back to Lancaster  

MD is 3% black but the FB team is damn near 30%.  Yeah I’m sure you don’t turn them away, that’s my point. 

when I lived in Cali in the early 90s and saw them play Amat in the finals, MD team demographics were vastly different than what they are now.  

18 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Those are schools not living communities.  A kid going to Nolan can live in the Duncanville attendance zone.  They don’t have a kid from Lancaster, he went back to Lancaster  

MD is 3% black but the FB team is damn near 30%.  Yeah I’m sure you don’t turn them away, that’s my point. 

when I lived in Cali in the early 90s and saw them play Amat in the finals, MD team demographics were vastly different than what they are now.  

Read this from a Mater Dei guy"

"I watched the MD scrimmage and it didn't look good. Defense was OK but offense was really lacking. They looked flat and uninspired. Like after the 2018 IMG and 2019 SJB game. Granted this was a scrimmage, the third-teamers were getting time and Cen10 was pumped, but I just couldn't see anything moving for MD, especially for the supposed top ranked team in the country.

Oline is going to be the big weakness. The only holes that they opened up, the Cen10 defense got through and not the running backs. EB and the receivers also seemed to be on a different page. Defense looked decent, but even they were missing a few too many tackles. It looks like they're missing a spirited leader like Raesjon.

Discipline was also a problem. Lots of penalties and, to top it all off, a bench clearing brawl ended the scrimmage. A couple of cops were out at midfield.

Breaks my heart, but I think Duncanville is taking this one. The lackluster scrimmage, a season opener, 5 games of varsity for the QB, young Oline going against one of the best programs (and defenses) in the country. Not to mention they're going to be playing in freakin' Texas of all places. Abor is going to run right over that inexperienced Oline. I'd be surprised if MD puts up more than 2 TDs."

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jserralions said:

"I watched the MD scrimmage and it didn't look good. Defense was OK but offense was really lacking. They looked flat and uninspired. Like after the 2018 IMG and 2019 SJB game. Granted this was a scrimmage, the third-teamers were getting time and Cen10 was pumped, but I just couldn't see anything moving for MD, especially for the supposed top ranked team in the country.

Oline is going to be the big weakness. The only holes that they opened up, the Cen10 defense got through and not the running backs. EB and the receivers also seemed to be on a different page. Defense looked decent, but even they were missing a few too many tackles. It looks like they're missing a spirited leader like Raesjon.

Discipline was also a problem. Lots of penalties and, to top it all off, a bench clearing brawl ended the scrimmage. A couple of cops were out at midfield.

Breaks my heart, but I think Duncanville is taking this one. The lackluster scrimmage, a season opener, 5 games of varsity for the QB, young Oline going against one of the best programs (and defenses) in the country. Not to mention they're going to be playing in freakin' Texas of all places. Abor is going to run right over that inexperienced Oline. I'd be surprised if MD puts up more than 2 TDs."

Nope, I was there. You should put up the other posts from that board that refute everything in this post. Especially the bench clearing brawl lie. MD looked good. Starters played maybe 20% of the scrimmage.  

Sure, Duncanville attracts talent. That's inevitable with a team like that. Kids want to play for a team like that. They want to play for a coach like Reginald Samples. That happens everywhere. But the coaches don't go around the DFW and poach players from other schools. Transfer doesn't always equal Recruited. Let's not act like half the team is transfers either. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jserralions said:

This must be satire … lol

7 hours ago, WILKINSON said:

Sure, Duncanville attracts talent. That's inevitable with a team like that. Kids want to play for a team like that. They want to play for a coach like Reginald Samples. That happens everywhere. But the coaches don't go around the DFW and poach players from other schools. Transfer doesn't always equal Recruited. Let's not act like half the team is transfers either. 

Samples attracts talent. Duncanville was below average before he got there and will go back to that once he leaves. Duncanville will always be a basketball school.

14 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

I don't know if they have one. Part of me says if they had that dude I would have seen him last year because that transfer for John Paul was not good. 

They have a soph and a Sr transfer (one of the new coaching hires son) competing for the job.  They’ve been hush about them both and their progression 

6 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I see alot of diversity among the MD ASB.  Just look.......blondes, brunettes, redheads.   Some with longer hair and some with shorter hair.  Some with bangs, some with side parts, some with braces and some without.   Diversity all over is the MD way.

MD ASB Expansion Project – ASB & Student Activities – Mater Dei High School

Weirdo. Those are high school girls on your camera roll. 

16F4B83F-9763-4E5C-B046-5918211196A1.jpeg