Going for the Moderna today

Sweetlarry

14 hours ago, BigDrop said:

You are risking peoples’ lives.  You are an absolute fool and dangerous to those who are exposed to you.

My wife and I had our first shot on 2/15 and second on 3/16.  Our adult children snd 15 and 17 year old grandchildren have all now had both.  No issues for any of us.

I have heart disease, my wife has grade 3 kidney:  you are a danger to people like us.

As far as I am concerned you are literally a potential murderer.

I'm sorry, but this is absolutely asinine. It represents a complete and utter rejection of science and data. Why contribute to the war on science? Why the anti-vaxx campaign? The vaccines WORK...AMAZINGLY...and they are NOT contingent upon only being around others who are vaccinated.

2 hours ago, Troll said:

was hoping you would bring that up 🤣

So WHY such low numbers ??? 🤔

What exactly are they doing, that we are not?

Hydroxy legal there...or are they using the Chi vaccine ??? 🤷‍♂️

PS: when a Whole Continent has such low numbers....is it "disingenuous"  to "shut down" that entire continent ??? 

BTW: gold star for you LOL

You are dangerous to yourself and those around you.  The greatest danger is what your unvaccinated ass presents to the doctors and nurses who risk their own lives when they will meet you.

You are also not worth another word. My sympathy to them.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, badrouter said:

I'm sorry, but this is absolutely asinine. It represents a complete and utter rejection of science and data. Why contribute to the war on science? Why the anti-vaxx campaign? The vaccines WORK...AMAZINGLY...and they are NOT contingent upon only being around others who are vaccinated.

I am 91% protected against the delta variant.  I have heart valve replacement late summer/early Fall.  I am taking no chances.  One chance in ten is one too many.

we didn’t see other family members for more than a year because of the virus.  We only went out for groceries and doctors-most who understandably wanted to see our vaccine cards before they would see us in person.  (Very common in the greater DC area.) 

I still wear a mask unless I am around people I know who are vaccinated.  I have a close friend whose daughter is a type one diabetic.  She is 28 snd just as cautious as her 75 year old dad.  Our next door neighbors are a cancer survivor and have had a triple by pass.  The virus is deadly for people like us.

Troll would not be welcome here.

1 hour ago, BigDrop said:

I am 91% protected against the delta variant.  I have heart valve replacement late summer/early Fall.  I am taking no chances.  One chance in ten is one too many.

we didn’t see other family members for more than a year because of the virus.  We only went out for groceries and doctors-most who understandably wanted to see our vaccine cards before they would see us in person.  (Very common in the greater DC area.) 

I still wear a mask unless I am around people I know who are vaccinated.  I have a close friend whose daughter is a type one diabetic.  She is 28 snd just as cautious as her 75 year old dad.  Our next door neighbors are a cancer survivor and have had a triple by pass.  The virus is deadly for people like us.

Troll would not be welcome here.

Be aware of the adverse health outcomes (mental and physical) we know are associated with prolonged periods without human contact, and with feelings fear or stress. Those things likely pose a bigger threat to you then the virus now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, badrouter said:

Be aware of the adverse health outcomes (mental and physical) we know are associated with prolonged periods without human contact, and with feelings fear or stress. Those things likely pose a bigger threat to you then the virus now.

Appreciate the comment but I’ve severely limited physical contact (as have a significant % of others) while maintaining phone/zoom contact multiple hours a day.  I have many 30+ year friends in North America and Europe that my wife and I have shared this with on daily and weekly calls. 

Thank you for mentioning this.

8 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

Appreciate the comment but I’ve severely limited physical contact (as have a significant % of others) while maintaining phone/zoom contact multiple hours a day.  I have many 30+ year friends in North America and Europe that my wife and I have shared this with on daily and weekly calls. 

Thank you for mentioning this.

Also if you have a heart condition....

consult your doctor first...👨‍⚕️

June 25 (Reuters) - The U.S. drug regulator (FDA) on Friday added a warning to the literature that accompanies Pfizer Inc (PFE.N)/BioNTech (22UAy.DE) and Moderna (MRNA.O) COVID vaccine shots to indicate the rare risk of heart inflammation after its use. As of June 11, more than 1,200 cases of myocarditis or pericarditis have been reported to the U.S. Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System

just sayin'

PS: I am glad the vax worked for you, I hope it all works, do not misunderstand intentions. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Troll said:

Also if you have a heart condition....

consult your doctor first...👨‍⚕️

June 25 (Reuters) - The U.S. drug regulator (FDA) on Friday added a warning to the literature that accompanies Pfizer Inc (PFE.N)/BioNTech (22UAy.DE) and Moderna (MRNA.O) COVID vaccine shots to indicate the rare risk of heart inflammation after its use. As of June 11, more than 1,200 cases of myocarditis or pericarditis have been reported to the U.S. Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System

just sayin'

PS: I am glad the vax worked for you, I hope it all works, do not misunderstand intentions. 

I have an echocardiogram every three months now.  TAVR is likely for late summer/early fall.

Troll, please, as I said to another:  Americans are incredibly fortunate to have Pfizer and Moderna available to us freely.  Most of the rest of the world does not (including Canada and Europe).  Look at the truly tragic effect on India.

The study you reference is 12 out of 100,000 and all were resolved without complication.  FWIW look at PFE (Pfizer stock symbol).  and the effect of this announcement last Weds. on the stock (which I own and it pays a 4.0% dividend).  The effect was negligible. MRNA is Moderna and it took a 5% or so hit and recovered.  MRNA has had fantastic stock price appreciation but does not pay a dividend.  Trump initiated the MRNA subsidy but not PFE.

The danger is Covid.  Please:  for yourself and your family.

Sincere thanks for listening.  

And:  this is Dr. Kizzmekia Corbett who is from UNC Chapel Hill-now at Harvard. She (yes, SHE!) is responsible for the (my) Moderna vaccine.

Bravo, Dr. Corbett.  (Troll, I’ll bet you and others are smiling.  She’s brilliant.  And beautiful !) 

Moderna.  

4BB55AE4-DC22-45A7-9C81-0CDAFF694DF8.jpeg

• Like 1

Just announced:  26,771 doses of Pfizer and Moderna  were administered at the Scotiabank arena in Toronto today.  That’s a world record for one facility.  Vaccines have been in extremely limited supply in Canada.  There has been a three month separation between first and second shots until recently.  Note that the Toronto baseball team plays their home games in Buffalo.  There has also been a quarantine on Canadians returning from the U. S.

Note:  I was a sr exec for a Vancouver company before retiring and have several friends who I stay in close touch with although I live outside of D. C.  Canadians have been envious of vaccine availability here.

On 6/26/2021 at 9:37 AM, Sweetlarry said:

I did have it in January. And to be honest, my Wife is bullying me into doing this. It’s ok. There will be some form of payment. 

If they would have called it just a new FLU Vaccine no one would have had a problem getting the shot. But no... this had to be something special to freak out the world.

On 6/27/2021 at 12:34 PM, Troll said:

PS: I would have given you the US numbers for above....but when those numbers showed the same problem against the virus (more dead were vaxxed than not), they thought it was a good idea to STOP counting or maintaining that number...no need to know that during a pandemic...

go figure 🙄

Read that also. No hidden agenda is there?

On 6/27/2021 at 9:22 AM, Troll said:

Did you know that USAtoday just reported that in 2021,

there are twice as many vaccine blood clot deaths,

as there are covid deaths, in all of Australia ???

only difference you ask ?...

Those vax deaths could be considered "murder",

while that Covid death is listed as "natural".

I had to look it up, you know, to see for myself...

Australia's top medical officer on Monday urged countrymen who have received an AstraZeneca COVID shot to "not delay" getting the second dose – even though the vaccine has been linked to more deaths than COVID in Australia this year.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2021/06/21/covid-vaccine-variant-afghanistan-canada-mexico-delta/7765857002/

On 6/27/2021 at 3:49 PM, BigDrop said:

You are dangerous to yourself and those around you.  The greatest danger is what your unvaccinated ass presents to the doctors and nurses who risk their own lives when they will meet you.

You are also not worth another word. My sympathy to them.

If the Doctors and nurses are vaccinated where is the risk?

BTW; I'm glad you are vaccinated, it makes you feel safer and that is always good.

I'm sure those that choose not to get the vaccination feel just fine also.

I'm in the house of - Let the Darwin effect run it's course.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

If the Doctors and nurses are vaccinated where is the risk?

BTW; I'm glad you are vaccinated, it makes you feel safer and that is always good.

I'm sure those that choose not to get the vaccination feel just fine also.

I'm in the house of - Let the Darwin effect run it's course.

Listen if the Lord wants me dead then he wants me dead, no vaccinations gonna help when the lord calls ur number 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Listen if the Lord wants me dead then he wants me dead, no vaccinations gonna help when the lord calls ur number 

My wife and I have already had the virus, and it was nasty for her. Real nasty. Not so bad for me though.

I totally hear ya... Dying is just the fear of the unknown. I've been near death twice. Once with a ruptured appendix, went into a coma and woke up in the hospital when I was 8, the other when I was dragged back on my board in 12-16 foot surf after being held down by the waves until I passed out. Never clinically dead though, you know, where they have to zap you back by shocking you. Of course I don't want to die while I'm healthy and still having fun.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

No. The scientists who engaged in game of function research did that, and in China. A different set of scientists, from a different discipline, in the USA, developed Pfizer, Moderna and J&J vaccines. A team in Britian at Oxford University came up with what's known as the AstraZeneca vaccine. A team in Russia came up with Sputnik. Etc

8 hours ago, badrouter said:

No. The scientists who engaged in game of function research did that, and in China. A different set of scientists, from a different discipline, in the USA, developed Pfizer, Moderna and J&J vaccines. A team in Britian at Oxford University came up with what's known as the AstraZeneca vaccine. A team in Russia came up with Sputnik. Etc

Same scientific field and organizations...

...in many cases the exact same scientists.

and oooooooooooh yea...

the same....... "investors"

hope this helps 👍

PS: Check the patents (and also royalties due)...and who owns them 👌

BTW: you might ALSO want to check out those DATES on those patents 😉

55 minutes ago, Troll said:

Same scientific field and organizations...

...in many cases the exact same scientists.

hope this helps 👍

PS: Check the patents (and also royalties due)...and who owns them 👌

BTW: you might ALSO want to check out those DATES on those patents 😉

What are the dates on those patents?

53 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

What are the dates on those patents?

many with decades old history...

Technology gets licensed,

then gets sublicensed...

some relevant examples:

"2005 that a group of researchers at the University of Pennsylvania published findings on mRNA technology that have since been deemed critical to the development of mRNA based therapies6. SEC filings highlighted by Knowledge Ecology International reveal a series of sublicenses for mRNA-related patents that stem from the University of Pennsylvania to both Moderna and BioNTech7,8,9. The 2017 filings indicate that the University of Pennsylvania exclusively licensed their patents to mRNA RiboTherapeutics, which then sublicensed them to its affiliate CellScript. CellScript proceeded to sublicense the patents to Moderna and BioNTech; "

"Another key aspect of an mRNA vaccine platform is the ability to deliver the mRNA to a cell using a lipid nanoparticle. Some early work on lipid nanoparticles was done jointly by the University of British Columbia and Arbutus Biopharmaceuticals in 1998. SEC filings show that patents relating to this early technology were solely assigned to the University of British Columbia and then licensed back to Arbutus10. Further analysis reveals that in 2012 Arbutus licensed a set of patents relating to the delivery of nucleic acids to Acuitas Therapeutics. In 2016, Acuitas entered into a development and option agreement with CureVac, which included access to patents on lipid nanoparticle technology11. Acuitas also granted a sublicense to Moderna"

Examples everywhere, but if you want to know who owns what....

ask yourself why AZ got pulled from market with reports of a mere 6 deaths,

While Moderna has had smooth sailing

while being linked to deaths with 100 times that as a factor....

go figure.

Edited to add: Almost forgot LOL ...  Much like those "blank instructional inserts" on the actual vax 🙄, these modern (2021) vaccines are not listing which patents they are using in their own patent applications....again go figure 🙄...but it is fairly safe to assume ALL of them are likely to hit on the basic ones (to be read as "same owners")

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Johnson and Johnson says vaccine only good for 8 months, sooo u supposed to get a vaccine shot every 8 months https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/johnson-johnson-vaccine-provides-8-125526373.html

Gotta read more than the headline Ga96. 

(It is also expected to improve and continue immunity past the eight-month span of their study — reassuring the over 12 million Americans who have gotten the Johnson & Johnson dose.)

The headline tells that the study proves the efficiency of the vaccine for at least 8 months. I'd say they're trying to be honest rather than lie like they have scientific proof of a 12 month or longer rate when they don't YET. 

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Gotta read more than the headline Ga96. 

(It is also expected to improve and continue immunity past the eight-month span of their study — reassuring the over 12 million Americans who have gotten the Johnson & Johnson dose.)

The headline tells that the study proves the efficiency of the vaccine for at least 8 months. I'd say they're trying to be honest rather than lie like they have scientific proof of a 12 month or longer rate when they don't YET. 

Same thing appears to be true for naturally-acquired immunity - the studies show the duration to be increasing with the passage of time.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1