6A/5A Texas HSFB Quarterfinals Scores and More

SumDude

6A1: Lake Travis (14-0) DESTROYED Austin Westlake (11-3), 51-3. It was an absolute slaughter. Whether Ehlinger played or not wouldn't have made a difference. Lake Travis is decimating opponents and will play Atascocita (13-1) next week after their upset win over North Shore last night.

6A-1: Humble Atascocita (13-1) upset a team, in North Shore (12-2), that many thought would repeat as 6A D1 champs, 33-27 (OT). North Shore fumbled their opening position and Atascocita used a QB draw to end the Mustangs' season (I could see that Atascocita QB - Daveon Boyd - making a little noise at the next level). 

6A2: Klein Collins (14-0) held off Spring Westfield (10-4), 21-18. Westfield hadn't loss since September (vs Euless Trinity) and was playing with one of the state's top total teams. KC was facing one of the best performing defenses in the state. KC will likely face the toughest offense it has seen all year vs either Desoto or Cedar Hill next week.

On the 5A level...

5A2: Aledo (14-0) destroyed Boswell (11-3), 42-14. The game wasn't as close as the score indicates due to a few trash TD's in the 4th Qtr. The score was 35-0 at one point. That freshman RB for Aledo is going to be special. Aledo will play a tough Mesquite Poteet team in the semifinals, next week, that just ground out two wins over D1 factories, South Oak Cliff and Dallas Lancaster. 

5A2: College Station (14-0) stayed undefeated after a VERY tough win vs Fort Bend Marshall (11-3). College Station advances on to face Corpus Christi Calallen (13-1) for the right to play for the D2-5A title vs either Aledo or Poteet. 

Up next today is...

6A1-Allen (13-0) vs Duncanville (11-2)

6A1-The Woodlands (13-0) vs Round Rock (10-3)

6A2-Desoto (13-0) vs Cedar Hill (11-2)

6A2-Cy Ridge (12-1) vs Cinco Ranch (10-3)

6A2-Cibolo Steele (12-1) vs San Antonio Churchill (11-2)

5A1-Denton Ryan (13-0) vs Colleyville Heritage (10-3)

5A1-Manvel (13-0) vs Temple (10-3)

5A1-Richmond Foster (13-0) vs Dripping Springs (12-1)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SumDude said:

Humble Atascocita (13-1) upset a team, in North Shore (12-2), that many thought would repeat as 6A D1 champs, 33-27 (OT). North Shore fumbled their opening position and Atascocita used a QB draw to end the Mustangs' season (I could see that Atascocita QB - Daveon Boyd - making a little noise at the next level). Atascocita gets the winner between Lake Travis (12-1) and Austin Westlake (11-2) next week.

Klein Collins (14-0) held off Spring Westfield (10-4), 21-18. Westfield hadn't loss since September (vs Euless Trinity) and was playing with one of the state's top total teams. KC was facing one of the best performing defenses in the state. KC will likely face the toughest offense it has seen all year vs either Desoto or Cedar Hill next week.

On the 5A level...

Aledo (14-0) destroyed Boswell (11-3), 42-14. The game wasn't as close as the score indicates due to a few trash TD's in the 4th Qtr. The score was 35-0 at one point. That freshman RB for Aledo is going to be special. Aledo will play a tough Mesquite Poteet team in the semifinals, next week, that just ground out two wins over D1 factories, South Oak Cliff and Dallas Lancaster. 

College Station (14-0) stayed undefeated after a VERY tough win vs Fort Bend Marshall (11-3). College Station advances on to face Corpus Christi Calallen (13-1) for the right to play for the D2-5A title vs either Aledo or Poteet. 

Lake travis MAULED westlake last night 51-3

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SumDude said:

In other news, how about Atascocita? Haha! That was an awesome game. At the same time, North Shore used a short passing game to beat Atascocita in their first game and I didn't see that this time around.

Its tough to beat a team twice, sounds like in this one though NS beat themselves too.

desoto and cedar hill might be the best offenses KC has seen, but neither of them have played a DL/OL like Collins all season.  It should be a good one.

7 hours ago, SumDude said:

6A1: Lake Travis (14-0) DESTROYED Austin Westlake (11-3), 51-3. It was an absolute slaughter. Whether Ehlinger played or not wouldn't have made a difference. Lake Travis is decimating opponents and will play Atascocita (13-1) next week after their upset win over North Shore last night.

6A-1: Humble Atascocita (13-1) upset a team, in North Shore (12-2), that many thought would repeat as 6A D1 champs, 33-27 (OT). North Shore fumbled their opening position and Atascocita used a QB draw to end the Mustangs' season (I could see that Atascocita QB - Daveon Boyd - making a little noise at the next level). 

6A2: Klein Collins (14-0) held off Spring Westfield (10-4), 21-18. Westfield hadn't loss since September (vs Euless Trinity) and was playing with one of the state's top total teams. KC was facing one of the best performing defenses in the state. KC will likely face the toughest offense it has seen all year vs either Desoto or Cedar Hill next week.

On the 5A level...

5A2: Aledo (14-0) destroyed Boswell (11-3), 42-14. The game wasn't as close as the score indicates due to a few trash TD's in the 4th Qtr. The score was 35-0 at one point. That freshman RB for Aledo is going to be special. Aledo will play a tough Mesquite Poteet team in the semifinals, next week, that just ground out two wins over D1 factories, South Oak Cliff and Dallas Lancaster. 

5A2: College Station (14-0) stayed undefeated after a VERY tough win vs Fort Bend Marshall (11-3). College Station advances on to face Corpus Christi Calallen (13-1) for the right to play for the D2-5A title vs either Aledo or Poteet. 

Up next today is...

Destroyed doesn't begin to describe what LT did to Westlake last night. LT was a hydrogen bomb, WL was a puny little island in the bikini atoll. 

4 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

LOLOL it makes y'all feel so good that Westlake lost badly. Y'all aren't so different out in Texas. Us Georgia and Florida folks are the same way when a team loses out of state. It is only natural to #orphan teams after defeat 

You're responding to chimp grip who is a lake travis alum, of course he is going to orphan westlake and rip them on their loss, that's what a rival does.

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

You're responding to chimp grip who is a lake travis alum, of course he is going to orphan westlake and rip them on their loss, that's what a rival does.

It's been a consistent thing all season. Going out of the way to say things like Westlake isn't top 15 public school LOL it's just been interesting to observe. 

For the record, they may not be. Y'all obviously know Texas more than myself.  I'm just saying the amount of respect Westlake got last season dropped SIGNIFCANTLY this year. And all I did was yesterday was point out the star QB's injury battle all year and you thought I was "trying something" 

Either way I don't think anyone truly suggested Nevada was better than Texas so the bravado and stuff was a bit over the top. But like I said PREVIOUSLY, Georgia fans do the same damn thing. It's all love 

7 hours ago, SumDude said:

On the 5A level...

Up next today is...

I think the mystery team will be The Woodlands. We don't know how the tragic event they are going through will effect their play. Playing for a seriously injured teammate can have a significant impact on your performance!

33 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

It's been a consistent thing all season. Going out of the way to say things like Westlake isn't top 15 public school LOL it's just been interesting to observe. 

For the record, they may not be. Y'all obviously know Texas more than myself.  I'm just saying the amount of respect Westlake got last season dropped SIGNIFCANTLY this year. And all I did was yesterday was point out the star QB's injury battle all year and you thought I was "trying something" 

Either way I don't think anyone truly suggested Nevada was better than Texas so the bravado and stuff was a bit over the top. But like I said PREVIOUSLY, Georgia fans do the same damn thing. It's all love 

You see what you want to see.  Most were responding to westlake not being top 15 based on what others said. I responded to you as I did as I thought your comment was another excuse for westlake and their BIG loss to LT.

Westlake got respect last year as they made it to the state finals.  Many were cautious after Ehlinger got hurt early on, but yet all we heard from those on here were westlake this and that and how they were top 15 and could beat this texas team and that texas team, etc.  

I get it though, most only attach themselves to an OOS team when they play OOS and will do and say anything to justify that team being more relevant in their respective state than they really are. this comment is really for our NV friend that comments a lot on texas and cedar hill and westlake specifically.

the reality is when Sumdude use to do his TX top 30 and he ranked westlake low, several OOS posters honed in on where he ranked westlake and questioned it and made a bigger deal out of it. No one went out of their way to make westlake comments.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SumDude said:

Manvel just lost to Temple, 24-23. Temple (11-3) moves on to play Richmond Foster (14-0). It just seems that Manvel always finds a way to lose in the playoffs. That Temple defense is pretty dang good (especially on the DL).

And what does es that say about the invincibility of 6A Football. Manvel is 6A in everything but the title 5A. They got handled by a top 5A team the same Manvel that Beat 6A's Pearland and North Shore and Gilmer and WOS would be the same type of problem for Top 5A's.  Good is good it is not the A's on the School it is the A's in the Jersey's and they don't come in one Class.  I was rooting for Temple and the funny thing the Redskin mentioned that every team that won today at the Death Star was on the side we sat on along with TexasBall.  Ryan, Allen, Desoto and Underdog Temple all were on the same sideline. Good Stuff SumDude and good games at the Death Star tonight. 

Temple has a QB that looks like Freshmen size wise but that lil dude can toss the rock around.  Aledo would Maul Manvel.  Was not impressed with this team at all. 

34 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

And what does es that say about the invincibility of 6A Football. Manvel is 6A in everything but the title 5A. They got handled by a top 5A team the same Manvel that Beat 6A's Pearland and North Shore and Gilmer and WOS would be the same type of problem for Top 5A's.  Good is good it is not the A's on the School it is the A's in the Jersey's and they don't come in one Class.  I was rooting for Temple and the funny thing the Redskin mentioned that every team that won today at the Death Star was on the side we sat on along with TexasBall.  Ryan, Allen, Desoto and Underdog Temple all were on the same sideline. Good Stuff SumDude and good games at the Death Star tonight. 

Temple has a QB that looks like Freshmen size wise but that lil dude can toss the rock around.  Aledo would Maul Manvel.  Was not impressed with this team at all. 

After seeing Manvel several times all year, I was of the belief that the only team that could beat them was (maybe) Denton Ryan in the title game. And then I witnessed Temple/Port Arthur Memorial and Foster over the last two weeks and I immediately said Manvel better not let their guard down because Temple has a defense and Foster is a machine. Both are country-fed and fearless (much like Katy, just smaller, annually). Manvel waltzed into yesterday thinking this was a quick "gimme" and got their season ended. Temple vs Foster is going to be special. 

There has been a stink about the coaching in Manvel for years. They have had a massive amount of talent and have come up short several times. For the fourth year in a row, a supremely talented Manvel team is headed home after the quarterfinals. I like the Temple QB's fight. He never panicked. That DL for Temple is the MVP though. It reminds me of the Houston Lamar DL (which was the best I've seen all year). Any team that wants to beat Temple in the future will have to do more than just run up the gut and get stuffed (like Manvel). 

Manval was just flat out exposed last night. Temple whipped them and there where a few moments it Temple could have out the foot on the throat. These two teams could line up again and Temple defense would whip then again.

I also finally got to watch the infamous WOS this season and I'm sorry but they're great where they are at. Temple and Manval both would have curb stomped WOS. I wouldn't even bet on WOS scoring on Temple. So I'm done with the WOS one of the Top 30 in Texas devil dog. They're a stacked up 4ADiv 2 whipping other 4ADiv 2. They played one team this year above 4ADiv 2 and it was 4A Div 1 and not nearly they curb stomping as usual. They better be ready to play against Gilmer because you spread them out you Can give them problems. Although Gilmer defense is really bad so WOS will win that one still. 

Also my take on Klein Collins is DeSoto better strap it up because I'll admit they're a lot better then I initially thought. Also I still think The Woodlands will win 6A Div 1. 

14 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Manval was just flat out exposed last night. Temple whipped them and there where a few moments it Temple could have out the foot on the throat. These two teams could line up again and Temple defense would whip then again.

I also finally got to watch the infamous WOS this season and I'm sorry but they're great where they are at. Temple and Manval both would have curb stomped WOS. I wouldn't even bet on WOS scoring on Temple. So I'm done with the WOS one of the Top 30 in Texas devil dog. They're a stacked up 4ADiv 2 whipping other 4ADiv 2. They played one team this year above 4ADiv 2 and it was 4A Div 1 and not nearly they curb stomping as usual. They better be ready to play against Gilmer because you spread them out you Can give them problems. Although Gilmer defense is really bad so WOS will win that one still. 

Also my take on Klein Collins is DeSoto better strap it up because I'll admit they're a lot better then I initially thought. Also I still think The Woodlands will win 6A Div 1. 

Klein Collins is a bigger/stronger version of Abilene and Abilene OL controlled the LOS vs desoto.  I imagine KC will ground n pound and keep Robinson n co. on the sidelines.  Will be an interesting matchup.

ive got LT in 6AD1

40 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Where's the "Manvel would beat LT" crowd? Lol

The pseudo juggernaut got exposed. Best team in Texas...lol. 

1 hour ago, ChimpGrip said:

Where's the "Manvel would beat LT" crowd? Lol

The pseudo juggernaut got exposed. Best team in Texas...lol. 

Lake Travis was my preseason #1 and the way they started I backed off but man they're rolling and I think they could win Div 1. I'm a slight Woodlands lean as of now.

Last week I would have argued Manval over LT now I think LT would have won going away. 

Man Cedar Park steel rain defense image has just taken a hit. I'm starting to buy Temple for state. But that defense is clocking right now.

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Klein Collins is a bigger/stronger version of Abilene and Abilene OL controlled the LOS vs desoto.  I imagine KC will ground n pound and keep Robinson n co. on the sidelines.  Will be an interesting matchup.

ive got LT in 6AD1

Can't go wrong with Lake Travis either. I thought they would be the best in Texas headed into the year. Really I could see Allen and Lake Travis final with Id lead to Allen but man I think The Woodlands has something special a breweing. I heard a lot of hype about them since they were freshmen. I guess if money was on the line id go Allen but man is this a tough one for me. I can see every team left winning except Atascocita.

6A Div 2 I'm going to go DeSoto but man KC done made me a believer. 

9 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Lake Travis was my preseason #1 and the way they started I backed off but man they're rolling and I think they could win Div 1. I'm a slight Woodlands lean as of now.

Last week I would have argued Manval over LT now I think LT would have won going away. 

Man Cedar Park steel rain defense image has just taken a hit. I'm starting to buy Temple for state. But that defense is clocking right now.

For LT, it's now or never. The stars are aligned, and beating Allen for all the marbles would be nice. 

I think Cedar Park's defense may have been overrated. They finally play a top 10 offense, and they get lit up. 

Temple is is playing really good football. If they can keep their momentum and stay focused after a big win, they'll go the distance. 

9 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Can't go wrong with Lake Travis either. I thought they would be the best in Texas headed into the year. Really I could see Allen and Lake Travis final with Id lead to Allen but man I think The Woodlands has something special a breweing. I heard a lot of hype about them since they were freshmen. I guess if money was on the line id go Allen but man is this a tough one for me. I can see every team left winning except Atascocita.

I think the LT defense would be the difference between a LT-TW match. I don't see TW stopping LTs passing attack.

55 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

My biggest issue with desoto is they have struggled on the road this season:  Midland and abilene and nearly lost to both.  Klein collins is much better than either.  I think this is gonna be a tough one for desoto, I slightly favor KC.  If desoto can get past them I think they roll into the SC.

On 12/4/2016 at 0:45 PM, Horsefly said:

My biggest issue with desoto is they have struggled on the road this season:  Midland and abilene and nearly lost to both.  Klein collins is much better than either.  I think this is gonna be a tough one for desoto, I slightly favor KC.  If desoto can get past them I think they roll into the SC.

I'm kinda with you on this one. I certainly wouldn't put money on this one.

On 12/4/2016 at 11:57 AM, ChimpGrip said:

I think the LT defense would be the difference between a LT-TW match. I don't see TW stopping LTs passing attack.

Yeah I could definitely see that. The Woodlands has shown some vulnerability against spread teams. Solid vs the run though and I believe LT defense would make it tough on Woods offense.