MD at DV on 8/27/21

GardenStateBaller

1 minute ago, HurricaneNick said:

Welcome to the world of Twitter 😂

Here is westlake’s schedule. Just horrible.

I always the love the after-the-fact "why not (insert team)?" posts that completely lack insight or context.

Westlake is a joke and would've stood no chance against Mater Dei.

Duncanville has never won anything in Texas but is still a better challenge for Mater Dei than all of the trophied-up schools like Carroll, Westlake, Lake Travis and all the rest who would get bullied.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

We’re going to travel well. It’ll be sold out, it’s at duncanville. I expect it to be a crowd like cedar hill/bg.

6 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I told the DV folks to prepare for a sell-out. MD purchased 500 tickets to start. 

Nice!

If I read correctly, it looks like their stadium seats close to 11,000 people. 

1 hour ago, Champa said:

He's leaving out a pretty big game in the loss column for Texas. Some might still consider it the biggest Texas OOS game.

Not sure if anyone wants to help him out with that or not 🙂

Both Desoto and Abilene have solid wins over Florida teams also.

Nah...I'll wait.

5 hours ago, RedZone said:

Somehow it's fitting Duncanville should play mater dei...

Duncanville:

2009: 4-5 (#2593 nationally)

2010: 8-5 (#607 nationally)

2011: 7-4 (#606 nationally)

2012: 3-9 (#1084 nationally)

2013: 5-7 (#394 nationally)

2014: 3-7 (#1328 nationally)

2015: 3-7 (#1954 nationally)

2016: 11-3 (#233 nationally)

HC Reginald Samples of Duncanville took over that program in 2015.......

Samples has no competition for transfers. He’s got his pick of the South Dallas corridor, that's a large chunk of Dallas. A lot of those teams right around there have become irrelevant for the most part now. Every now and again one might make some noise.. Much like California.

Reginald Samples was a recruiting guru at Dallas Skyline before taking over at Duncanville.

So what you have basically is the Southern California All Stars vs the Dallas All Stars. 

Duncanville doesn't have much of a QB, but they have every other position covered. If they had a QB they could beat the Southern California All Stars.

5 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

By no means am I a TX hsfb expert. Keep educating. Would love for TX to get to .500 sooner than later. 

For some reason I'm feeling charitable...

SLC lost to Miami Northwestern the year after they won the MNC.

I say those Abilene/Plant and DeSoto/Miramer wins should count in favor of Texas though.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

At the minimum it'll be aired on the PGL/Flo HSFB Channel. I'm really hoping that a major TV network picks it up. Paragon/ESPN already passed on it because they already have the ???/STA scheduled that night. 

It’s crazy it won’t be on ESPN but it’s understandable with Aquinas playing that night. Games like this should be aired nationally. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

Duncanville has never won anything in Texas but is still a better challenge for Mater Dei than all of the trophied-up schools like Carroll,

Yet trophied-up Carroll beat Duncanville 34-27 last year.

SLC has the best QB in the nation this year....nice little cast around him.

https://247sports.com/player/quinn-ewers-45572600/

Those things don't mean much to you when you are pumping your agenda of teams blowing.

6 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

WTF!

Check the California thread brother 😂 MD is without our top guys. Big official visit and camp weekend for the Monarchs. Both our starting corners are not competing. Two starting LB’s are not playing. The top running back in the state Raleek brown (@USC) and best receiver in the state CJ Williams (@ Notre dame) are also not competing. 

Los Al also has the best quarterback in the ‘23 class. He’s rated #2 but has the same “rating” as #1. 
https://247sports.com/player/malachi-nelson-46086657/ 

• Thanks 1