MD at DV on 8/27/21

GardenStateBaller

1 hour ago, WILKINSON said:

Nice! I'll definitely be there. Impressed with Duncanville for scheduling relevant OOS competition in back-to-back-to-back years. St. John's, IMG Academy, Mater Dei. 

Their schedule also shows that they're playing Bishop Sycamore out of Ohio this year as well.

DV is by far the most aggressive and courageous team in TX when it comes to OOS scheduling. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Depends on how loosely someone defines recruiting but lowndesprick makes every thread trying to claim the same thing except he acts like only south GA is elite without recruiting but doesn't produce a single shred of evidence to prove his case 

.....off-season team building is not a "transfer issue".

It's a "team building" and "stacking" issue.

Most places if you transfer solely for football you sit out a year.

Duncanville playing IMG, SJC and now MD proves that any top public around the country can do the same thing if the coach has the balls to challenge his team. 

I have heard countless excuses on why Georgia and Texas publics never play top national teams. But it’s funny that the 2 coaches (Reggie Samples and Adam Clack) that WANT to challenge themselves nationally seem to always make it happen. 

More Texas and GA publics need to step it up in regards to non bordering national games. Texas beating Louisiana state champs is getting old. Georgia playing FL, TN and Bama teams is stale. Atlanta is closer to Cincinnati than it is Miami. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Duncanville playing IMG, SJC and now MD proves that any top public around the country can do the same thing if the coach has the balls to challenge his team. 

I have heard countless excuses on why Georgia and Texas publics never play top national teams. But it’s funny that the 2 coaches (Reggie Samples and Adam Clack) that WANT to challenge themselves nationally seem to always make it happen. 

More Texas and GA publics need to step it up in regards to non bordering national games. Texas beating Louisiana state champs is getting old. Georgia playing FL, TN and Bama teams is stale. Atlanta is closer to Cincinnati than it is Miami. 

MC should also be praised for playing #anyoneanywhere. And elite power publics like Grayson need to change their current philosophy of only playing other OOS publics. Such actions are stunting program growth. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

How do they prove that a transfer was solely for football? 

That's sorta a no-brainer.

What I am saying is this.

These egotistical morons are trying to justify schools going out and pulling 10-15 new kids every off-season with a school that picks up a "transfer" one year.

It's freakin' ridiculous.

12 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Everybody knows that the money excuse that has been made by many posters (*cough* Texans) is bullshit.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, RedZone said:

How many kids has STA pulled this off-season now?

Close to 10, right?.....Miami Central pushing 15 now and etc.

STA has pulled in more than they generally do 

AHP and Cardinal Gibbons in SFL also tend to not pull in as many as people think, in fact in Broward County the team who tends to pull in the most transfers each off-season is actually Deerfield Beach who usually pulls in around 10-15 but I think they currently on pace for less unless it blows up in July

The publics in Dade also pull in more than privates like Gulliver Prep or Columbus does, you want to talk about a team flying under the radar look at Miami Killian who may end up with 15-20 FBS level players by the start of the season yet nobody is talking about them but on paper they are more loaded than Miami Northwestern as of the moment 

I could go on and add in about other areas in Florida where publics are getting more than privates, like up in Jacksonville, Riverside (Lee)  and sandalwood tend to get more than TCA gets 

There's a lot of this around Florida but people shit on the privates and accuse them of recruiting even when publics in the same area get more transfers and nobody says a word about it

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

There's a lot of this around Florida but people shit on the privates and accuse them of recruiting even when publics in the same area get more transfers and nobody says a word about it

florida is fucked and is a madhouse no matter how you slice it.

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

florida is fucked and is a madhouse no matter how you slice it.

The state passed school choice so they could allow that and leave it as the wild west because the state would rather give up fighting it than make an effort 

They don't give a damn about public schools in the state legislature

3 hours ago, MD87 said:

Not one Top 25 HS anywhere in the nation these days doesn't win bc of transfers.  Period.  But since you obviously equate private schools with recruiting, then Cen10 is a CA school that doesn't "recruit."  And they would stomp Clowndes year in and year out if they played.  And you know it.

I wouldn't put DLS in the top 25 until I see them.  I am curious as to how many transfers DLS has coming in this year.  Do you know?  How many last year or year before?  

43 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

MC should also be praised for playing #anyoneanywhere. And elite power publics like Grayson need to change their current philosophy of only playing other OOS publics. Such actions are stunting program growth. 

Set up a home and home with Buford/Grayson vs Allen

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You know GSB...I'm getting some gray hairs now, especially with these crazy games the kids want  to schedule.  But you know.....like I tell the kids you gotta challenge yourself.  Our fans used to be satisfied if we beat Servite every other year, or St. Paul once in a decade, but now we gotta go to Texas in August.  Coach Negro said he would never play in Texas due to the heat.  Well you know, it gets hot here too.  I read somewhere that no Texas Top 5 team has ever lost to an out of state program starting a sophomore QB.   

This game poses all sorts of problems for us.  Not only logistically, but also dealing with a team that draws from a 5000 student body.  Heck we have maybe 800 boys in our school, and 250 of those are incoming from 8th grade On paper, this game looks like a disaster.  We scouted those guys.  They are the real deal with guys so big, that the field actually tilts toward their sideline.  By August,  once the transfers fill out, this will be the #1 ranked team in Texas.  I'm talking National polls, not Dave Campbell.

Our kids are excited, but us coaches just hope we can survive and stay healthy enough to compete successfully in our League.  That SFA game a few years back took alot out of us.  We ran out of gas in the final because of that game.

Stop by next time you're in town.  It's nice to talk to talk football with a knowledgeable guy.  Some of my ex players keep hanging around, but those guys couldn't beat DLS.   We had to flush those type guys out of the program and rebuild from the ground up.  One of those guys has more than a few screws loose and can't remember my name. 

#RockandRollBaby

#GoFox

#RememberTheAlamo

#RedStormRising

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Somehow it's fitting Duncanville should play mater dei...

Duncanville:

2009: 4-5 (#2593 nationally)

2010: 8-5 (#607 nationally)

2011: 7-4 (#606 nationally)

2012: 3-9 (#1084 nationally)

2013: 5-7 (#394 nationally)

2014: 3-7 (#1328 nationally)

2015: 3-7 (#1954 nationally)

2016: 11-3 (#233 nationally)