MD at DV on 8/27/21

GardenStateBaller

4 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Not trying to change anything brother. My comment on SLC being #4 is solely because watching them play defense last year was painful. You are completely right that it is a new year although Gametyme seems to think Heath can put 70 on them this year. Yikes. Maybe they are top 4 in Texas, I would just have to think that there are 4 teams in the great state of Texas that are better than them. But as you said, I know nothing about TX! 

Go look what Heath did to SLC last season. They lost 72-57 and all the weapons for Heath are back. They will light SLC up again this season. 

14 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Not trying to change anything brother. My comment on SLC being #4 is solely because watching them play defense last year was painful. You are completely right that it is a new year although Gametyme seems to think Heath can put 70 on them this year. Yikes. Maybe they are top 4 in Texas, I would just have to think that there are 4 teams in the great state of Texas that are better than them. But as you said, I know nothing about TX! 

And I wasn't trying to defend SLC, Nick.  Their defense did suck last year.  Hell, they gave up 99 points in their first two games.  But...I also know they had a bunch of Sophomores playing defense in their first season of varsity football.  Public school teams, unlike private school teams, don't reload with new D1 prospects every year.  I expect to see improvement in year two.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

How does highland park stack up with Carroll this year? Seems like a big time game.

Good but not good enough. HP breaking in a new QB. Talented kid but damn thats a tough first start. SLC should win by 2 TDs. I don't think they boat race HP. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Good but not good enough. HP breaking in a new QB. Talented kid but damn thats a tough first start. SLC should win by 2 TDs. I don't think they boat race HP. 

Old money vs New money! This game is finally happening. Two of the country's most affluent schools. It's gonna be a highly anticipated game, but i agree, Carroll will be the more experienced team so they should have no issue defeating Highland Park. BUT HP is no slouch either, they'll keep it interesting for 3 quarters.

2 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

Old money vs New money! This game is finally happening. Two of the state's most affluent schools. It's gonna be a highly anticipated game, but i agree, Carroll will be the more experienced team so they should have no issue defeating Highland Park. BUT HP is no slouch either, they'll keep it interesting for 3 quarters.

😂 I know SLC got bank. I don't think they got HP bank. But you're right HP not going to roll over. 

2 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

😂 I know SLC got bank. I don't think they got HP bank. But you're right HP not going to roll over. 

The Median Household income is over $200,000 for Highland Park and Southlake. The latter sits at $240k. Only difference is that one is old money.

But back to football!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gametyme said:

I just call it how I see it. If this was 2018 or 19 Duncaville with JJ I would go Duncanville. Let me be clear Duncanville is still a dang good team with 11 FBS kids. I just think they have to replace to much on offense and that will do them in. Only IMG and SJB have the rosters to beat MD.

I did some digging around.. Duncanville has a 7-8 upcoming sophomores with d1 offers already and a incoming freshman who from what I gathered could be a top 5 player in the nation if he holds up.  I think if that sophomore class produces early they can and may win state this year.  I’m still picking MD in this game though, because they to me run the best offense in the Nation which will be the difference in this game.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Texasboys23 said:

I did some digging around.. Duncanville has a 7-8 upcoming sophomores with d1 offers already and a incoming freshman who from what I gathered could be a top 5 player in the nation if he holds up.  I think if that sophomore class produces early they can and may win state this year.  I’m still picking MD in this game though, because they to me run the best offense in the Nation which will be the difference in this game.

I don't think they have 7 to 8 incoming 10th graders with offers like that. Please list them I could be wrong but I doubt they have more then 2 in the 24 class

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

You do Realize ur the only person in PREPGRIDIRON history to ever pimp a dogshit team like temple on here, like deadass outside of you, that temple team has not been mentioned once by any other poster on here

Coming from a guy who team wouldn't beat Temple this season. You guys have 0 FBS players right now Temple has 2 kids with power 5 offers. With another 2 likely to pick up power 5 offers this year.