MD at DV on 8/27/21

GardenStateBaller

14 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

I don’t know who made that list but they clearly didn’t watch SLC play defense last year. I don’t care who their QB is, swiss cheese D is an understatement. 

D can improve in a year's time.  They don't have to be dramatically better.  They were patchwork on the lines last season.

But yes...this is thier weakness.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yard Dart said:

That list was made by Dave Campbell's Texas HS Football magazine (clearly shown at the top of the article), who knows more about Texas HSF than some random guy from Cali.

And, this isn't last year.

They're hit and miss some years. I think they got the top 5 right. I would put Duncanville #1 if they had a QB. 

1 minute ago, Gametyme said:

They're hit and miss some years. I think they got the top 5 right. I would put Duncanville #1 if they had a QB. 

LOL  Based on the number of D1 players they have, right?  If all it took was a team full of D1 players, DV would be a 10 time State Champ.  But, they're not.

6 minutes ago, Yard Dart said:

That list was made by Dave Campbell's Texas HS Football magazine (clearly shown at the top of the article), who knows more about Texas HSF than some random guy from Cali.

And, this isn't last year.

😂😂😂 Sorry me saying the Southlake defense sucks offends you so much. SLC has no weaknesses! Feel better? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Frosty4024 said:

D can improve in a year's time.  They don't have to be dramatically better.  They were patchwork on the lines last season.

But yes...this is thier weakness.

Not going to lie SLC got a hell of a non-district slate. They should beat HP and Prosper both solid teams but ill be honest I wouldn't be shocked if Heath beats them then Arlington Martin. Heath has a hell of a offense. First one to 70 might win that one 😂. Heath is my D2 sleeper. They could easily score there way into a title match-up. 

10 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

I think SLC for sure will beat Duncanville again this year.

Any team with a 5* QB and nice supporting cast can be dangerous.......

Of course Ewers really didn't have his best game vs Duncanville last year and they still beat Duncanville.

https://247sports.com/player/quinn-ewers-45572600/

Sophomore RB Owen Allen ran all over Duncanville.

https://247sports.com/Player/Owen-Allen-46095029/

LOL  Based on the number of D1 players they have, right?  If all it took was a team full of D1 players, DV would be a 10 time State Champ.  But, they're not.

They do have 1 title and to be fair probably should had went back to back with JJ. Hail mary lose in 18 and then no doubt they beat NS in 19 if he didn't tear his ACL a week prior. If you put Quinn Ewers or Cade Klubnik on Duncanville this season they would run away with the title. Heck give them Josh Hoover from Heath. Parsons transferring away was a huge blow.

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

Of course Ewers really didn't have his best game vs Duncanville last year and they still beat Duncanville.

Just now, HurricaneNick said:

Yep, deeply pains me. Dave Campbell loves the yard dart deep throat! SLC sucks on defense. 

Obviously, it does hurt your feelings.  DV is the #5 team in Texas for 2021.  You can't change that, no matter how hard you try to offend me, Nick.

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

Dont you find it funny with all the talented QBs in the dfw Duncanville can't get 1 of them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Owen Allen not getting early offers is a crime. He put SLC on his shoulders vs Duncanville

4 minutes ago, Yard Dart said:

Obviously, it does hurt your feelings.  DV is the #5 team in Texas for 2021.  You can't change that, no matter how hard you try to offend me, Nick.

Pre-season rankings mean squat. If MD loses to SJB they won't be #1 in CA at a point in time. It's all relative. The bottom line is that two of the best from CA and TX are playing each other. And that doesn't happen all that often. #Blessed

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gametyme said:

They do have 1 title and to be fair probably should had went back to back with JJ. Hail mary lose in 18 and then no doubt they beat NS in 19 if he didn't tear his ACL a week prior. If you put Quinn Ewers or Cade Klubnik on Duncanville this season they would run away with the title. Heck give them Josh Hoover from Heath. Parsons transferring away was a huge blow.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda.  Samples has an open enrollment campus in an area of immense talent.  Give that scenario to one of a dozen other HS coaches in Texas and no other team would EVER win a Championship.

1 minute ago, HurricaneNick said:

Agreed. Kid is a baller. Only saw him play twice last year but is definitely a major part of their success on offense. 40 time? 

Im not sure but he is not slow. Definitely a stud. He has been starting since a freshmen. Some school is going to hit a home run with him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Pre-season rankings mean squat. If MD loses to SJB they won't be #1 in CA at a point in time. It's all relative. The bottom line is that two of the best from CA and TX are playing each other. And that doesn't happen all that often. #Blessed

We're talking about current rankings, Baller.  Please keep up.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda.  Samples has an open enrollment campus in an area of immense talent.  Give that scenario to one of a dozen other HS coaches in Texas and no other team would EVER win a Championship.

Duncanville was ass before Samples got there. Duncanville not the only school with open enrollment or magnet programs. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yard Dart said:

Not trying to change anything brother. My comment on SLC being #4 is solely because watching them play defense last year was painful. You are completely right that it is a new year although Gametyme seems to think Heath can put 70 on them this year. Yikes. Maybe they are top 4 in Texas, I would just have to think that there are 4 teams in the great state of Texas that are better than them. But as you said, I know nothing about TX! 

• Haha 1