MD at DV on 8/27/21

GardenStateBaller

6 minutes ago, The Colonel said:

Catalano, McKee, J McKinley, JJ Taylor, M Reed, G Bryant, D Jackson, C Foreman were all local Corona boys who played entirely at Centennial. I have no problem with MD attracting talent from anywhere in the country but to suggest Centennial won with mercenaries is ridiculous. These were Corona Chargers boys or IE Ducks boys. 

I’m not saying the entire roster wasn’t from Corona, I’m saying they had a ton of kids from outside of their district play for them. Not a secret in So Cal. I personally know multiple people that played or had their kids play at centennial and did not live in that enrollment district. This is exactly why he won’t come out and refute what I said. They got kids from different counties, it’s not a secret. Of course they had players from their district but they also had a ridiculous amount of kids play for them that wouldn’t have attended centennial unless it was a football power. Multiple kids from OC commuted to centennial during the peak of their run. Just a fact. I’m all for it though, play wherever you want to play. Just don’t bitch and cry like socalfb does when the kids decide to play elsewhere. 

2 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

I’m not saying the entire roster wasn’t from Corona, I’m saying they had a ton of kids from outside of their district play for them. Not a secret in So Cal. I personally know multiple people that played or had their kids play at centennial and did not live in that enrollment district. This is exactly why he won’t come out and refute what I said. They got kids from different counties, it’s not a secret. Of course they had players from their district but they also had a ridiculous amount of kids play for them that wouldn’t have attended centennial unless it was a football power. Multiple kids from OC commuted to centennial during the peak of their run. Just a fact. I’m all for it though, play wherever you want to play. Just don’t bitch and cry like socalfb does when the kids decide to play elsewhere. 

I’m not complaining about where kids play. I’m fine with MD recruiting or attracting talent from anywhere. Personal freedom. That said, I would love to know what impact players from Cen10’s victories over MD and SJB that you know commuted from OC? I think you have overstated any impact these players may have had. I listed most of the biggest impact players - all local Corona boys. 

1 hour ago, The Colonel said:

No way they could list an OC address and have played at Cen10…

Of course they didn’t list an OC address. 😂 Cmon man. Logan got them in school with an address that aligned with their enrollment district. Just like how he did with current Cen10 DB Aaron Williams. Kid went to elementary/middle school and lives in Moreno Valley but now attends centennial. 35 minute drive to school. I talked with his fam at the pre covid MD/c10 game. They were excited for him to play for Logan. Rightfully so. He’s a decent impact player. Multiple P5 offers. Playing for the IE ducks means nothing. JT Daniels & Bru McCoy played for the IE ducks and lived in Irvine and Palos verdes. Respect to Logan for making it happen with those resources. Can’t wait till he takes over at MD! 

Centennial has never fielded a D1 championship team with kids only from Corona. All I’m saying. This happens everywhere. Bob J had the agricultural program running and was pulling kids from all over to play for MV. It happens in Texas/Georgia/Florida. Nobody is complaining about this. It’s good that they had 8 impact players over multiple years that were from Corona. They’re a great program with a great coach, they attract kids from outside their enrollment district to play for them. Rightfully so. Simple. I support them against everybody they play not named Mater Dei. 

46 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

You listed 8 kids. 😂 

And You listed none who you said commuted from OC. C’mon man.  I could list more many home-grown boys but I listed players off the top of my head who made big impacts vs MD and SJB, and who are playing D1 or in the NFL now. FYI the Cen10 LB who briefly knocked JT out a game a few years ago is a local Corona boy. Sheesh…

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

1. When has DLS ever had the Upper Hand Talent Wise?…. Even during the Streak years the teams from So Cal and OOS they played had more talent….

It's a birthright for De La Salle to have more talent than 99.9% of high school teams in America yet have their fans cry poverty.

I'll bold and underline it for effect.

For several years, De La Salle led the entire country in the number of players on active NFL rosters.

To push it further, here is an incomplete list of players from that era who did *not* make an active NFL roster.

Atari Callen

Leon Callen

Cameron Colvin

Tosh Lupoi

Kevin Simon

Terrance Kelly

Parker Hanks

Willie Glasper

And I shouldn't have to remind you that they played a half dozen guys both ways. So they weren't being out-talented by practically anybody back then.

8 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

The facts as presented by people who should know is that Mater Dei has always had transfer football players.

Those transfers must have all sucked. Mater Dei is not a NFL Football Factory by any standards.

The players that have made the NFL from Mater Dei have not been very good either.

That said. Mater Dei is obviously getting better transfers and more of them.

3 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Of course you would drop in to make a silly point that good transfers can only be guys who played in the NFL.

Jesus Christ.

It's as if you sit home all day and conjure up stupid things to say.

Points you can't refute are not silly....face it.

You're just not very advanced at this.

Mater Dei's NFL production should increase in the next three to five years.

Mark it down.

39 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

They won 5 CIF Championships and 2 Mythical National Championships in the 1990s.

Mater Dei was 0-3 vs DLS in the 1990's.....DLS thumped Mater Dei 2 YEARS in a row when Mater Dei won back-to-back CIF Championships.....DLS also beat Mater Dei in 2000. 

That ain't happening in 2021, Finch.....why not?...oh yeah, one of us knows and it ain't you.

1999 (11-2-1) CIF CHAMPIONS

Mater Dei Score Opponent Opponent Score
17 Clovis West 24
35 Loara 0
0 De La Salle 42
35 Irvine 14
37 Banning 0
31 St. Paul 10
14 Loyola 7
39 Servite 25
34 Santa Margarita 0
28 St. John Bosco 0
36 Redlands 14
45 Alemany 14
28 Eisenhower 21
21 Long Beach Poly 21

DLS again spanked the CIF Champion ass 28-21

1998 (13-1-0) CIF CHAMPIONS

Mater Dei Score Opponent Opponent Score
21 Clovis West 14
20 St. John Bosco 13
21 De La Salle 28
35 Irvine 0
27 Servite 17
28 San Clemente 14
42 Capistrano Valley 7
43 Mission Viejo 12
38 Dana Hills 17
38 Trabuco Hills 21
30 Fountain Valley 14
30 Notre Dame 3
33 Los Alamitos 6

52 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

It's a birthright for De La Salle to have more talent than 99.9% of high school teams in America yet have their fans cry poverty.

I'll bold and underline it for effect.

For several years, De La Salle led the entire country in the number of players on active NFL rosters.

To push it further, here is an incomplete list of players from that era who did *not* make an active NFL roster.

Atari Callen

Leon Callen

Cameron Colvin

Tosh Lupoi

Kevin Simon

Terrance Kelly

Parker Hanks

Willie Glasper

And I shouldn't have to remind you that they played a half dozen guys both ways. So they weren't being out-talented by practically anybody back then.

During the Streak, you are correct.  DJ and KS were the best LB tandem to ever play in CA, and they both ran the ball pretty damn well, too.  Name a better RB during the Streak era than MJD.  (Good luck.)  DLS never had dozens of talented guys like today's super teams, but they always had half a dozen or so of the best talent in the state.  Which, at that time, was enough to win you 151 straight.