MD at DV on 8/27/21

GardenStateBaller

On 6/26/2021 at 1:14 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

ESL is a 2x MNC and 9x State Champ. Much respect. 

Respect, to be sure, but their most recent MNC was 30 years ago, and you know as well as anyone how much the game has changed since then.  Today's SJB would have crushed those ESL teams, and I expect nothing less when they play this season.  That's why they play the game, though.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2021 at 12:03 PM, World Citizen said:

I wouldn't put DLS in the top 25 until I see them.  I am curious as to how many transfers DLS has coming in this year.  Do you know?  How many last year or year before?  

Trying to be cute, huh?  DLS doesn't need transfers when it can draw kids from all over NorCal.  Same difference.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Just now, MD87 said:

Respect, to be sure, but their most recent MNC was 30 years ago, and you know as well as anyone how much the game has changed since then.  Today's SJB would have crushed those ESL teams, and I expect nothing less when they play this season.  That's why they play the game, though.

Beggars can't be choosey. It's hard enough getting ANY team to agree to play SJB let alone a former MNC. 

• Like 1

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

Beggars can't be choosey. It's hard enough getting ANY team to agree to play SJB let alone a former MNC. 

Totally get it, and big ups to you for making it happen.  I'm just saying that 2021 SJB (and MD, of course) - with the massive SoCal population pool, the year-round 7v7's, WCA's (and the like), personal trainers, 24/7/365 weather, legions of the absolute best coaches, the list goes on - would so overwhelm and outclass even the best publics in the best case scenarios (e.g. Dallas and Atlanta), that I can't imagine how many light years' difference it would be compared to kids from the neighborhood in ESL.   Just watch em prove me wrong, though. 🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MD87 said:

Trying to be cute, huh?  DLS doesn't need transfers when it can draw kids from all over NorCal.  Same difference.

Dela doesn't draw from all over Norcal in the least . I know you would like to think that so that MD doing that in socal wouldn't look so egregious and obvious . Dela once every few yrs or so, may get someone who moves from Sac and transfers in. There are no shuttles going in every direction to bring kids in every day like some schools we know. Personally, I would like the admin to be a little more lenient with their policy and let some transfers in . But to sell your soul like MD and SJB will never happen at the school . In reality, Dela, if allowed would only need to poach from one school and all their Problems would be solved : PITT  !  If Dela could every year get 1 or 2 of their top lineman, a couple of lb's and db/receivers and a rb , They would have the talent enough, along with their system. they could play with anyone. They don't need 30 D-1.  Six or seven  D-1's and they are perennial tier 1 like they used too . Pitt has had a tremendous amount of talent come out of that school but just can't beat the system . Join up with Sparta !

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Dela doesn't draw from all over Norcal in the least . I know you would like to think that so that MD doing that in socal wouldn't look so egregious and obvious . Dela once every few yrs or so, may get someone who moves from Sac and transfers in. There are no shuttles going in every direction to bring kids in every day like some schools we know. Personally, I would like the admin to be a little more lenient with their policy and let some transfers in . But to sell your soul like MD and SJB will never happen at the school . In reality, Dela, if allowed would only need to poach from one school and all their Problems would be solved : PITT  !  If Dela could every year get 1 or 2 of their top lineman, a couple of lb's and db/receivers and a rb , They would have the talent enough, along with their system. they could play with anyone. They don't need 30 D-1.  Six or seven  D-1's and they are perennial tier 1 like they used too . Pitt has had a tremendous amount of talent come out of that school but just can't beat the system . Join up with Sparta !

Agree 💯 .  Not sure @MD87 can get it.  The best in NorCal are not playing for DLS.  They would not lose often if that was the case, imo.  They probably lose more players than they gain in the transfer game.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

I'll give you KS, D Williams and MattG, who were actually from the immediate area, but most of the DLS greats came from all over NorCal.  Fact.

DJ - Sac

Bates - Sac

TK (RIP) - Richmond

TWard - SF

Taylor - SF

Toomer - Berkeley

MJD - Oakland

Loverne - San Jo

Asiasi - San Mateo

Boss - Daly City

Atari - San Leandro

To'o To'o - Sac

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

Just now, MD87 said:

I'll give you KS, D Williams and MattG, who were actually from the immediate area, but most of the DLS greats came from all over NorCal.  Fact.

DJ - Sac

Bates - Sac

TK (RIP) - Richmond

TWard - SF

Taylor - SF

Toomer - Berkeley

MJD - Oakland

Loverne - San Jo

Asiasi - San Mateo

Boss - Daly City

Atari - San Leandro

To'o To'o - Sac

Thanks for the education! 

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Thanks for the education! 

Won't change the DLS homers' minds, but they're not open to being changed anyway.  If anyone thinks that DLS beats MD in '98 without Atari and DJ (or Poly without MJD or Landri (who moved up from HB in SoCal), they're out of their minds.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, World Citizen said:

The best in NorCal are not playing for DLS. 

Um, the best CB in NorCal does, as does the second-best TE.  The best in SoCal aren't playing for any one school, either.  The best...

...QB and ATH play for Los Al

...RB and CB play for MD

...IOL and DE play for SJB

...WR and TE play for Servite

...LB plays for Chula Vista Mater Dei

...DL plays for Santa Margarita

...S and OT play for Sierra Canyon

Your point is?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MD87 said:

DJ - Sac

Bates - Sac

TK (RIP) - Richmond

TWard - SF

Taylor - SF

Toomer - Berkeley

MJD - Oakland

Loverne - San Jo

Asiasi - San Mateo

Boss - Daly City

Atari - San Leandro

To'o To'o - Sac

When you say " came " , you mean their origins , right . Devin Asiasi is from Pitt . MJD lived in Antioch . They may initially grew up in those places, but when H.S. , Jr High, they lived in the areas I mentioned . Same with the most of the rest, though some I don't know. Your going back 30 plus yrs to find  12 players . Please !  Straining after gnats . How many do SJB and MD have in the last 3 yrs alone ?  It's kind of ridiculous that you would try and lump Dela into whats going on in H.S. today . MD has been recruiting probably at minimum from early 90's . If you like and think what is going on down there,  than fine. Just be honest about it

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MD87 said:

Um, the best CB in NorCal does, as does the second-best TE.  The best in SoCal aren't playing for any one school, either.  The best...

...QB and ATH play for Los Al

...RB and CB play for MD

...IOL and DE play for SJB

...WR and TE play for Servite

...LB plays for Chula Vista Mater Dei

...DL plays for Santa Margarita

...S and OT play for Sierra Canyon

Your point is?

You're a goof.  You have again made a point I was not making.  Let's keep it simple.  Just list DLS transfers.  This year?  Last?  Year before?  

Transfers was the point.  

On 6/29/2021 at 5:06 AM, Atticus Finch said:

They don't lose often already.

De La Salle has better players than ~90% of the teams they play. Most of their problems at that point are stylistic. Teams with talented fronts can stifle the veer. 

Was speaking about losing to SoCal and MD, SJB super teams.  They still are not a collection of NorCal's best 3, 4 and 5* players.  Plenty of local talent (immediate area) that go to Pitt, CVC, etc instead of DLS.  

According to @MD87 there should be D1 players all over the field for DLS.  But there isn't.  

I mean it is ridiculous and why I think it’s smart that CIF will basically be pivoting to a 2 team open division in the southern section. If MD and Bosco wanna have all star teams fine. Play a national schedule which they pretty much do and when playoffs come play themselves. You will still win CIF and go to state. Works for everyone else just fine lol. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, MD87 said:

Won't change the DLS homers' minds, but they're not open to being changed anyway.  If anyone thinks that DLS beats MD in '98 without Atari and DJ (or Poly without MJD or Landri (who moved up from HB in SoCal), they're out of their minds.

Landri’s Family relocated to Nor Cal for work and not football… Tagaloa is not from San Jose, their family lives in Concord….

All the kids on your list were 3 or 4 year players for DLS not Transfers and they are all from the local Area…. A kid from Berkley/Oakland going to DLS is no different then a Kid from Yorba Linda going to MD….

DLS doesn’t do the 1 semester football rentals like MD does, you are just mad because MD couldn’t beat DLS or even win their league or section for 20 years until they sold their Soul for football rentals….

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

Was speaking about losing to SoCal and MD, SJB super teams.  They still are not a collection of NorCal's best 3, 4 and 5* players.  Plenty of local talent (immediate area) that go to Pitt, CVC, etc instead of DLS.  

Conversely, 99% of the country *also* isn't talented enough to beat "super teams."

I don't think there's plenty of talent in those places. I checked the 24/7 database and there was only one starred player in either the 2022 or 2023 class for both Pittsburg and Clayton Valley.

And it was a QB which wouldn't help DLS.

7 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

DLS doesn’t do the 1 semester football rentals like MD does, you are just mad because MD couldn’t beat DLS or even win their league or section for 20 years until they sold their Soul for football rentals….

This is always a ridiculous claim.

Yeah, when DLS had the upper-hand talent wise they won and now the shoe is on the other foot.

Somehow turning the tables is "selling their soul."

• Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

I mean it is ridiculous and why I think it’s smart that CIF will basically be pivoting to a 2 team open division in the southern section. If MD and Bosco wanna have all star teams fine. Play a national schedule which they pretty much do and when playoffs come play themselves. You will still win CIF and go to state. Works for everyone else just fine lol. 

It’s sad how much of a pussy you are. Here’s a reminder that Cen10 has won ZERO titles with only the kids from their enrollment district. You were real quiet when your boys were winning and getting kids from all over the IE and OC. 

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

This is always a ridiculous claim.

Yeah, when DLS had the upper-hand talent wise they won and now the shoe is on the other foot.

Somehow turning the tables is "selling their soul."

1. When has DLS ever had the Upper Hand Talent Wise?…. Even during the Streak years the teams from So Cal and OOS they played had more talent…. And Every So Cal Team they have played since the inception of the SBG’s has had more talent then DLS…. Recently they haven’t even been the most talented team in Nor Cal, that distinction belongs to Folsom or Sac area Teams over the last 10 years….

Fact…. MD did not Beat DLS until Rollo Blew up the Program and started taking Transfers and using football rentals….

2. When has DLS ever used 1 Semester Football Rentals or Transfers?….

Your claim is the ridiculous one, but you know very little and just like to argue so that is expected….

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

It’s sad how much of a pussy you are. Here’s a reminder that Cen10 has won ZERO titles with only the kids from their enrollment district. You were real quiet when your boys were winning and getting kids from all over the IE and OC. 

Catalano, McKee, J McKinley, JJ Taylor, M Reed, G Bryant, D Jackson, C Foreman were all local Corona boys who played entirely at Centennial. I have no problem with MD attracting talent from anywhere in the country but to suggest Centennial won with mercenaries is ridiculous. These were Corona Chargers boys or IE Ducks boys. 

• Like 2