MD at DV on 8/27/21

GardenStateBaller

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Based on that rationale a win over Servite in 2018 also meant nothing. if that's the case the TL should never be considered the best league in all of HSFB. 

Why do guys keep pointing to games played during the dark years?  Yes a win over Servite during the dark years means nothing.  Just like a win/running clock over DBP now means nothing.

9 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Why do guys keep pointing to games played during the dark years?  Yes a win over Servite during the dark years means nothing.  Just like a win/running clock over DBP now means nothing.

WIns over "brand" name teams like DBP sure do still matter. It's why Bosco still has trouble filling its OOS schedule annually. When I pitch them to coaches around the country, their voices still tremble with some fear. The same would hold true for teams like BG, Iggy, Massillon, Moeller, Valdosta, Permian, etc. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The #1 HSFB state rotates year to year between CA, TX and FL. Contrary to what some believe, there are no bad looks when the top states play each other. In this instance, the winner of the MD/DV game will def be in in the drivers seat for #1. 

You say there are no bad looks but always bring up TX record against "relevant oos opponnents." Now I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but it seems as if you use their record against them in a derogatory way. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

WIns over "brand" name teams like DBP sure do still matter. It's why Bosco still has trouble filling its OOS schedule annually. When I pitch them to coaches around the country, their voices still tremble with some fear. The same would hold true for teams like BG, Iggy, Massillon, Moeller, Valdosta, Permian, etc. 

Only BG is relevant oos out of this group you just mentioned. Moeller  ?

4 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

I guess people are afraid to schedule Moeller now because they were so dominant in the early 1980s.

St. Leon East Central (IN) is NOT even afraid of Moeller....oh wait, St. Leon East Central beat Moeller last year too 21-6. Probably do it again this year.

Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller
08/20 A Liberty Twp Lakota East
08/28 H Louisville Trinity (KY)
09/03 A St. Leon East Central (IN)
09/10 A Ironton
09/17 H Cincinnati St. Xavier
09/24 H Cincinnati La Salle
10/02 A Cincinnati Elder
10/09 H Cleveland St. Ignatius
10/16 A Lakewood St. Edward
10/22 A Detroit Martin Luther King (MI)

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Don't mind him.  NorCal guy with an agenda.  Lack of relevant teams in the area makes for pettiness and jealously.  Same with Canes since STA has been losing to public schools lately

STA hasn't lost to a public school in 2.5 years.

This reminds me of the time when sammy claimed that STA "always" loses their first game as preseason #1 when their record is 2-1 in such games.

sammy never fails to prove his incompetence.

The guy knows nothing about high school football.

10 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

STA hasn't lost to a public school in 2.5 years.

This reminds me of the time when sammy claimed that STA "always" loses their first game as preseason #1 when their record is 2-1 in such games.

sammy never fails to prove his incompetence.

The guy knows nothing about high school football.

Same tired narrative.  Time to turn the page Canes before someone points out that a guy who "knows nothing about High school football" has a 3x superior ( = running clock) member reputation than you do.   Ooops.

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Time to turn the page Canes before someone points out that a guy who "knows nothing about High school football" has a 3x superior ( = running clock) member reputation than you do.   Ooops.

The last refuge of a clown is the reputation score.

You're a glad-hander. You try to win people's approval. You're a try-hard. You don't know enough about any subject related to high school football to challenge anybody on it. Hence why you're generally inoffensive and harmless. People pat you on the head like they would a child.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

The last refuge of a clown is the reputation score.

Reputation is a result of (= to)  well informed takes.  Of which you are lacking.

I normally don't take time to educate posters who are 3x less successful in providing informative takes, and  should be honing their game on the local boards during the summer.

Let me say it slower so you understand.  T h e  S e r v i t e   g a m e  i n  2 0 1 1   was  t h e  f i r s t  s e l l o u t   c r o w d  in  B i s h o p  G o r m a n  h i s t o r y.

?Comprende.  That's spanish for "don't be a dumbsh*t".

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Let me say it slower so you understand.  T h e  S e r v i t e   g a m e  i n  2 0 1 1   was  t h e  f i r s t  s e l l o u t   c r o w d  in  B i s h o p  G o r m a n  h i s t o r y.

There is no evidence for this and I find it interesting that you have already abandoned your other claim that it was their "coming out party."

It's embarrassing that you feel the need to prop up your ego with these lies.

It proves how pathetic Servite has become.

41 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

There is no evidence for this and I find it interesting that you have already abandoned your other claim that it was their "coming out party."

It's embarrassing that you feel the need to prop up your ego with these lies.

It proves how pathetic Servite has become.

EVIDENCE DEFEATS DOUBT

Thursday, Sept. 29, 2011 | 10:46 a.m.

If you don’t have tickets for Friday’s Bishop Gorman High football game against visiting Servite High of Anaheim, Calif., you’ll have to watch the game on ESPNU.

School officials said Thursday morning they are sold out of tickets, with 5,000 sold in advance. Fertitta Field seats 3,600 with a standing room capacity of 5,000.

This is Gorman’s second game on an ESPN family of networks, with the Gaels' late-August contest against Armwood High of Florida also packed to near capacity.

Checkmate on a white background chess black king Vector Image

• Like 1