MD at DV on 8/27/21

GardenStateBaller

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

Somehow it's fitting Duncanville should play mater dei...

Duncanville:

2009: 4-5 (#2593 nationally)

2010: 8-5 (#607 nationally)

2011: 7-4 (#606 nationally)

2012: 3-9 (#1084 nationally)

2013: 5-7 (#394 nationally)

2014: 3-7 (#1328 nationally)

2015: 3-7 (#1954 nationally)

2016: 11-3 (#233 nationally)

He bud why you post old ass records lmao 😂. 2009-2016, why stop , why didn’t you post 17, 18, 19, 20, 21??

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Duncanville has a new transfer senior QB/Receiver combo

QB Solomon James checks in from Corsicana and WR Phaizon Wilson checks in from Lancaster. Anybody know who DV plays the week before? 

https://247sports.com/player/phaizon-wilson-46080066/

https://247sports.com/Player/Solomon-James-46103963/

This will be DV's first game of the season.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Good point. We have Centennial which is a dangerous team and can’t be overlooked. Hopefully not a trap game. 
yes I know this belongs in the excuse thread!

Please !  MD will beat Cen10 to a pulp , with starters resting for a half . A good workout , that's all.  Cen10 looked as bad as Dela last spring .  Since 2016 , until their qb went down with injury , Cen10  haven't been the same . I wouldn't worry in the least

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Champa said:

Probably end up looking like the IMG game.

Hope to see more offense out of Dville this time around. Their defense actually held up for a while against IMG.

DV lost 5 coaches over the offseason, including their OC.  I don't know what to expect out of their offense with a new coordinator.  Maybe they'll open it up a bit?  They'll have the athletes, but I doubt the teamwork and execution will be there this early.  This probably would have been a better game in week 11 than week 1.  We'll see.

4 minutes ago, Yard Dart said:

DV lost 5 coaches over the offseason, including their OC.  I don't know what to expect out of their offense with a new coordinator.  Maybe they'll open it up a bit?  They'll have the athletes, but I doubt the teamwork and execution will be there this early.  This probably would have been a better game in week 11 than week 1.  We'll see.

Starting The Excuse Thread in June.  Unbelievable

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Please !  MD will beat Cen10 to a pulp ,

As they (and SJB) would any other team in all of CA.   They’ve gotten so powerful there’s really no competition. Forget the public vs private discussion when it comes to those teams.  Maybe it’s time IMG or some other entities selected the right location and set up west coast academies.  There would at least be the opportunity for legitimate competition.

• Like 3

Let the hype begin!  GSB saying they always "put together a big-time schedule every year" is pure hype, devoid of truth.

You can find their football team's history through 2015 at this URL.  Maxpreps has their more recent history.  Three OOS games over the past three years.  Two wins over mediocre teams, and a bad loss to IMG.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2vg6rvTimfoRGU3T2xWZXgtMDQ/view?resourcekey=0-O-qGRD30iR5vNKwz7i1vtQ

Scroll down and click on Duncanville.  They're in District 7-6A.  The games in blue are District games they play no role in scheduling.  The UIL dictates that they play those games.  The non-District games are in green.  These are are the ones DV does choose to schedule.  I'll let you decide for yourselves the quality of the "big-time" teams they actually choose to play "every year".

Don't forget that GSB is a football pimp, and would hype your Grannie's teets if he had a financial interest in them.

He'd tell you Typhoid Mary just had a cold if he stood to make a buck off her.

He's the one who claimed the Titanic was unsinkable!

All kidding aside, I just hope DV can keep this game close and entertaining.  Playing MD in game 1 is a tall task that I'm not so sure they're really up for.  They'll have plenty of quality athletes on the field, but MD outclasses them at most positions.  We'll see.  Maybe they'll shock the world (and me)!

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Yard Dart said:

But isn't that true for practically anyone ?   The real thing is to challenge yourself and improve so by the time state playoffs arrive , you are what you really are and fulfill all those early season expectations . I know this thought  isn't popular on this board . IMOP , if MD struggles in the least against DV , and don't win by 28 pts or more , than all those lofty predictions of being goat will go out the window , even though they could get there by season's end . MD has the learning curve also with all the new transfers etc.

8 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

But isn't that true for practically anyone ?   The real thing is to challenge yourself and improve so by the time state playoffs arrive , you are what you really are and fulfill all those early season expectations . I know this thought  isn't popular on this board . IMOP , if MD struggles in the least against DV , and don't win by 28 pts or more , than all those lofty predictions of being goat will go out the window , even though they could get there by season's end . MD has the learning curve also with all the new transfers etc.

No one is saying The Stache is GOAT in 2021 

8 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

if MD struggles in the least against DV , and don't win by 28 pts or more , than all those lofty predictions of being goat will go out the window , even though they could get there by season's end .

I don’t think anyone from MD predicts this team to be the GOAT. We’re starting a sophomore at QB and 2 sophomores on he offensive line. DV’s best player 5* DE Omari abor will go head up with a sophomore left tackle. Could cause some trouble but I’m looking forward to that matchup because deandre could be the top LT in his class (‘24)

https://247sports.com/player/omari-abor-46057207/

https://247sports.com/Player/DeAndre-Carter-Carter-46115707/

8 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

No one is saying The Stache is GOAT in 2021 

I'm talking in general . If MD struggles in any way , after all the buildup  ad nauseum , this board will relentlessly ridicule them , even though I personally get it that it is an early game for them also . It is what it is .

2 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

I'm talking in general . If MD struggles in any way , after all the buildup  ad nauseum , this board will relentlessly ridicule them , even though I personally get it that it is an early game for them also . It is what it is .

The Stache just needs to never trail and win by 2 scores, or if they get behind then they need to win by 3 scores.  If that happens there will be no talking points for the haters

4 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

No disagreement from me...