St. Louis Hawaii agrees to play Gorman in Vegas

Las Vegas_JC

2 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

I don’t think they’ll ever be what they once were. MD and bosco have it rolling and are playing national schedules. So cal kids aren’t going to bg. Bg had to go way up north to recruit kids this off season. 

Well they do have a stud RB that transferred from Norco.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, On2whls said:

So you’re saying he refused invitations or maybe he simply wasn’t interested?  

I think he accepted an invitation to bg because he wouldn’t have seen the field at the local powers. MD and bosco are deep at RB, doesn’t make much sense to go to a place you’ll get minimal carries. 

5 hours ago, Ararar said:

They realized they bit off more than they could chew so they spit it out.Probably reassessed how a likely beat down would affect the program going forward.In any event the “Logistics” excuse is lame

4 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

The $ was enough and the logistics were fine for Georgia public school Milton to come out here and play in the event. SL pulled out of the game because they didn’t want to play MD and chose a lesser opponent in bg.

You guys are 100% Correct on this…. ST. Louis is easily the most overrated team in the Country every year…. They play no one and somehow are alway Nationally ranked way higher the they should be…..

Just look at 2019, they beat a BG team that didn’t even win the NV State Title and we’re ranked #7 in the country or something…. they then played STA and got Boatraced….

Never been impressed with them, playing the same 4 teams in HI 2 times a year means nothing especially when they are all not good….

ST Louis Bailed on MD because they didn’t want to suffer a 4TD loss that would ruin their National Rankings….

They are more BG’s speed anyway, BG is definitely looking to get their legs back under them before playing MD again…. They are still reeling form 42-0 and don’t want any part of MD….

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

You guys are 100% Correct on this…. ST. Louis is easily the most overrated team in the Country every year…. They play no one and somehow are alway Nationally ranked way higher the they should be…..

Just look at 2019, they beat a BG team that didn’t even win the NV State Title and we’re ranked #7 in the country or something…. they then played STA and got Boatraced….

Never been impressed with them, playing the same 4 teams in HI 2 times a year means nothing especially when they are all not good….

ST Louis Bailed on MD because they didn’t want to suffer a 4TD loss that would ruin their National Rankings….

They are more BG’s speed anyway, BG is definitely looking to get their legs back under them before playing MD again…. They are still reeling form 42-0 and don’t want any part of MD….

Gospel

7 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

D72ECB1A-90CB-4315-816B-34A62DBD6873.gif

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Hahahahaha

Writing was on the wall. Get worked by MD in California or travel farther and play a game in Vegas you can win. Easy choice. 

Definitely not a easy win this is the most talented BG team since 2016-17

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Of course they aren’t terrible. They’re just not as good as MD this year. & terrible analogy. I’d say more like Alabama and Georgia. 

Well 2022 we will get BG vs MD so we will see there will be over 80 D1 recruits on the field so it will be fun 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Antt said:

Definitely not a easy win this is the most talented BG team since 2016-17

I hope BG smokes ST Louis…. I think it is Better for HSFB when BG is good because they play a National schedule and take on all comers….

Just really disappointed that they are not coming to Cali and playing Servite this year…. They do owe Servite a home game in Cali and that would be a great matchup…. But they have played 7 times and I get that for BG it may be more exciting to play ST Louis….

If BG is really playing MD in 2022 that would be awesome!!!… 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Yeah....but I'm expecting a large crowd for this game. I remember Kahuku and Bingham was at Sam Boyd, so it's only right to have it at Sam Boyd as well.

The first game Bishop Gorman ever "sold out" at home was 2011 vs Servite.  I remember how excited the fans and student body were to host a Trinity League school.  It was like their coming out party.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

I hope BG smokes ST Louis…. I think it is Better for HSFB when BG is good because they play a National schedule and take on all comers….

Just really disappointed that they are not coming to Cali and playing Servite this year…. They do owe Servite a home game in Cali and that would be a great matchup…. But they have played 7 times and I get that for BG it may be more exciting to play ST Louis….

If BG is really playing MD in 2022 that would be awesome!!!… 

Yeah it's just Servite is never really a elite team but I think August 27th we trying to get a Big game 

19 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Look at the rosters. There are probably 2-3 teams that can compete with MD and bg isn’t one of them. Why won’t bg play MD? MD is looking for games and is a 4 hour bus ride away but they got a team from Hawaii on the schedule. MD would obviously be a much tougher game for them. No secret. Bg will never be what they once were now that So cal and Hawaii kids aren’t going there. They’re supposed to finish undefeated, they play in Nevada lol. 

No BG and MD was trying to make the game this year but dates didn't work out but both was trying hard that's why 2022 will be the rematch and BG never had a full roster of Cali and Hawaii players maybe 10 players combined from Cali and Hawaii 90g of the team is always vegas kids and this year's team samething 10-15 players from oos the rest is Las Vegas but alot of people moving to Vegas because it's cheaper 350k gets you 2500sqft house in Vegas in Cali you get a studio 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

During the peak of their run, bg had half the IE Ducks enrolling there. Not the case anymore. 

There was 4 IE ducks during the run and bookie only played 1 year and transferred out but we do have alot of kids from the national championship 14u team vegas strong and a few IE ducks 

• Like 1

It's closed right now but that was the Polynesian Classic and just don't make sense to rent sam Boyd and when you can play at your house and keep all the profit off of a 7,000 sold out gate plus concession and there's no plans of moving the game 

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The first game Bishop Gorman ever "sold out" at home was 2011 vs Servite.  I remember how excited the fans and student body were to host a Trinity League school.  It was like their coming out party.

Facts that put BG on the map we owe Servite for even taking the game 

3 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

It's interesting determining if you're lying or you're just ignorant.

They played Armwood in week two before that Servite game.

Better team than Servite.

On ESPN.

"Sold out" I'm sure.

20 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

You lie or are ignorant on so many occasions that nobody believes you.

It's also interesting how every single lie and/or exaggeration benefits your personal preconceived notion.

Crazy!

Dude.  That Florida game did not sell out.  Mainly due to lack of Fla fans.

Servite brought 5000 to the game which is why it was BG very first sell out game ever.

Stick to commenting on things that you actually have knowledge about, which is very little when it comes to Big time West Region football programs.