St. Louis Hawaii agrees to play Gorman in Vegas

Las Vegas_JC

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

I’m guessing they got more financial support for playing Gorman. I defer to @GardenStateBaller  I’m not sure what type of sponsorship and financial assistance teams get in the Trinity vs USA games. 

The TL vs USA event pays comparably. Enough to have attracted east coast teams like SFA, GC and Milton in 2019. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SL verbally committed early on. Three months ago at least. Then they just canceled out of the blue. Now we know why. SL will never be invited to the TL vs USA event again, nor will they ever appear in a PGL-promoted game. There are consequences for such actions. 

I'm assuming they (SL) didn't tip you off or anyone involved in scheduling the game vs MD about the logistics/finances? If they did say something, were there gonna be arrangements made to help them stay committed to the MD game? 

7 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I'm assuming they (SL) didn't tip you off or anyone involved in scheduling the game vs MD about the logistics/finances? If they did say something, were there gonna be arrangements made to help them stay committed to the MD game? 

The $ was enough and the logistics were fine for Georgia public school Milton to come out here and play in the event. SL pulled out of the game because they didn’t want to play MD and chose a lesser opponent in bg.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

They originally committed knowing and agreeing to all of the financial terms. Now because of them the event may be canceled unless we can find MD a new opponent pronto. 

40 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SL verbally committed early on. Three months ago at least. Then they just canceled out of the blue. Now we know why. SL will never be invited to the TL vs USA event again, nor will they ever appear in a PGL-promoted game. There are consequences for such actions. 

27 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

If only people got this pissed off when IMG basically used Columbia as a bargaining chip to get the SFA game finalized knowing good and well they were never gonna go through with playing us then had to gaul to ask us to cancel our new KOC opponent after implying they were gonna be moved to the regular season like we were obligated to work around them 

Thankfully PGL did the right thing in the situation and found us a excellent replacement for that opening 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

The $ was enough and the logistics were fine for Georgia public school Milton to come out here and play in the event. SL pulled out of the game because they didn’t want to play MD and chose a lesser opponent in bg.

Hey, shit happens...lol. As far as Gorman being a lesser opponent, let's wait until the end of the season before we make that claim. 

• Haha 1

Just now, FootballGuy said:

Hey, shit happens...lol. As far as Gorman being a lesser opponent, let's wait until the end of the season before we make that claim. 

They are both nationally elite programs and if lesser opponent just means that Mater Dei has a high probability of winning head to head then wouldn't 99.9% of teams in the country be lesser opponents?

It is very misleading for the level of program Bishop Gorman has been

3 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

That’s hilarious. I get it though. You love you some gorman! 

No I'm being objective. How can you definitively say that Gorman is a "lesser" opponent if they finish undefeated like MD? (Assuming MD finishes undefeated)

That's why I said let's wait until the end of the season. FWIW, I do have some Vegas connects and they say that Gorman is back.

9 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

They are both nationally elite programs and if lesser opponent just means that Mater Dei has a high probability of winning head to head then wouldn't 99.9% of teams in the country be lesser opponents?

It is very misleading for the level of program Bishop Gorman has been

Spot on. But that's why the game is played on the field instead of the world wide web! Lol. 

5 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

No I'm being objective. How can you definitively say that Gorman is a "lesser" opponent if they finish undefeated like MD? (Assuming MD finishes undefeated)

That's why I said let's wait until the end of the season. FWIW, I do have some Vegas connects and they say that Gorman is back.

Look at the rosters. There are probably 2-3 teams that can compete with MD and bg isn’t one of them. Why won’t bg play MD? MD is looking for games and is a 4 hour bus ride away but they got a team from Hawaii on the schedule. MD would obviously be a much tougher game for them. No secret. Bg will never be what they once were now that So cal and Hawaii kids aren’t going there. They’re supposed to finish undefeated, they play in Nevada lol. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Should would you bash a team for scheduling UGA instead of Alabama for a non conference game?

If they had Alabama on the schedule and then backed out to play Georgia… yes. Bg is not on the same level as MD now. They had their success with rosters littered with kids from So cal and Hawaii. Those kids are showing up at bg anymore. Are they a great program? Yes. Best in their state? Yes. Are they a national top 5 team? No. 

3 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Look at the rosters. There are probably 2-3 teams that can compete with MD and bg isn’t one of them. Why won’t bg play MD? MD is looking for games and is a 4 hour bus ride away but they got a team from Hawaii on the schedule. MD would obviously be a much tougher game for them. No secret. Bg will never be what they once were now that So cal and Hawaii kids aren’t going there. They’re supposed to finish undefeated, they play in Nevada lol. 

Bold statement right here.....literally and figuratively. And yes, they do have an easier in state schedule. Gorman finishing undefeated with wins over florida, hawaii, utah and arizona would be impressive tho. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

Bold statement right here.....literally and figuratively. And yes, they do have an easier in state schedule. Gorman finishing undefeated with wins over florida, hawaii, utah and arizona would be impressive tho. 

Yes it would be impressive and they have the luxury of not playing anyone worth a shit weeks 6-15. They’re going to be very good. Just not as good as they used to be. It would be a lot easier for MD and bosco to travel to vegas instead of Texas and Virginia, but there’s a reason bg doesn’t want to play them. I think bg was #13 in the pre season rankings. I understand preseason rankings don’t matter much but there’s usually a significant gap between the top team in the country and a team ranked outside the top 10. If bg does what they’re supposed to do they’ll finish inside the top 10 but they just aren’t on the same level as MD/bosco/IMG.