Servite Still Looking for Opponent for 8/20 or 9/10

FriarJoe

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Dudes aren’t going to magically show up until Servite starts scheduling compelling games.  

They have two compelling games on their schedule every year. Plus the players already show up. How many players have left Servite for Bosco over the past 5 years? Heck, Bosco has 2 starters right now that played as freshmen at Servite.

Servite has to keep those guys and attract others. Like those two kids that left Alemany for Bosco, they wanted to win a championship, plain and simple. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Griff said:

They have two compelling games on their schedule every year. Plus the players already show up. How many players have left Servite for Bosco over the past 5 years? Heck, Bosco has 2 starters right now that played as freshmen at Servite.

Servite has to keep those guys and attract others. Like those two kids that left Alemany for Bosco, they wanted to win a championship, plain and simple. 

Servite isn’t built to compete with SJB and MD for enough Tier 1 transfer players to win those games. But they can get more of  the next Tier players if they can schedule and win compelling Non league games.  

TT does a better job of keeping players than his predecessors did. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Servite isn’t built to compete with SJB and MD for enough Tier 1 transfer players to win those games. But they can get more of  the next Tier players if they can schedule and win compelling Non league games.  

TT does a better job of keeping players than his predecessors did. 

TT better start getting some wins and deep playoff runs. 

Man yall could get a marquee in state game. 

Yall can't schedule Cen10? DLS? (I know that's a haul though) atleast Cathedral Catholic?! 

Theyre decent that would be a win in the right direction atleast!

4 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

TT better start getting some wins and deep playoff runs. 

Man yall could get a marquee in state game. 

Yall can't schedule Cen10? DLS? (I know that's a haul though) atleast Cathedral Catholic?! 

Theyre decent that would be a win in the right direction atleast!

Good points (for once).

I'll take any D1 Nor Cal team.  Not sure why Cen10 and Servite don't play.

Yes, they  do also need to get to the playoff semi finals.  Anything short of that is under performing this year.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Not MV. Mission HS, Sierra Canyon and Helix are scheduled. Plus TL schedule, and an OOS foe on either 8/20 or 9/11. 

Actually it is Mission Viejo on 8/27.

Crespi 9/3, Amat 9/10, Sierra Canyon 9/17 and Helix 9/24

On 7/2/2021 at 2:57 PM, Griff said:

Actually it is Mission Viejo on 8/27.

Crespi 9/3, Amat 9/10, Sierra Canyon 9/17 and Helix 9/24

I was told Amat refused to play Servite on 8/20. The Servite Asst Coach told me just this morning that it was Mission and not MV on 8/27. Servite is still looking for a game on 9/10. I have it narrowed down to two options at this point. I got them to reconsider playing in the TL vs USA event. Fingers crossed. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Your source is inaccurate. Amat refused to play Servite on 8/20. The Servite Asst Coach told me just this morning that it was Mission and not MV on 8/27. Servite is still looking for a game on 9/10. I have it narrowed down to two options at this point. I got them to reconsider playing in the TL vs USA event. Fingers crossed. 

I'll accept your apologies later when the official schedule releases.

8 minutes ago, Griff said:

Its a meaty schedule for any team not named Bosco or Mater Dei.

You servite boys do love meat. I figured Troy would try and get a big time win since this is the best team he’ll have for a long time. He could’ve gotten DLS on the schedule since he won’t have a chance to play them in the SBG. 

• Haha 1

Just now, HurricaneNick said:

You servite boys do love meat. I figured Troy would try and get a big time win since this is the best team he’ll have for a long time. He could’ve gotten DLS on the schedule since he won’t have a chance to play them in the SBG. 

I was told my a top TL HC that 2021 is Servite's last oppty to make waves for a while. 

45 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Servite has 4 games in the top 100. If he can get 2 win out of those, that's good for the program right now. 

Honestly, if Servite isn't committed to pipelining kids in or getting heavy into the transfer portal, it's makes sense to play a reasonable schedule with solid SoCal teams, and focus on beating Bosco. Signing up for a crazy travel schedule doesn't make sense. 

• Like 1