Servite Still Looking for Opponent for 8/20 or 9/10

FriarJoe

1 minute ago, Griff said:

Maybe the TL vs USA thing was going to be a bad deal for them and they thought they had time to find another game. I don't know the ins and outs of game negotiations, if they wanted to dial up a big OOS game or not, all I do know is there are programs with openings, local programs like Amat, but everyone has said no for one reason or another.

The only bad deal for them is missing the TL vs USA thing…. Servite is the #3 team in the league trying to Compete with MD and SJB for talent in So Cal…. You just can’t Miss and event where it is “Your League vs The USA” when your 2 main competitors are there, it makes you Irrelevant….

All the So Cal Ballers will be watching and there will be no mention of Servite… TT is trying to build this thing back up to where Servite was the Marquee team in So Cal like they were before in his prior run…. You can’t do that by missing events like this and letting SJB and MD grab all the Press and Headlines…

It a local event so there is no reason they should miss it…. Instead the Media will be talking about Santa Margarita instead of Servite and it will be a huge National Blow to the TL of SM Loses to a private school from TX… 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The OOS game that was lined up for them in the TL vs USA was a nobody team.  Servite had nothing to gain.

They did the right thing in opting for a marquee opponent even if they don't find one.  At least they tried to get a more compelling game with someone on the same Tier

Servite needs to focus on winning SS-D1. The best opponent for them this year would be a Cali team who could readily compete for a D1 title, regardless of section. San Diego, SJS, Central, NCS, whatever. I wouldn't worry about any big OOS marquee matchups until they knock down at least a SS-D1 title.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Griff said:

Servite needs to focus on winning SS-D1. The best opponent for them this year would be a Cali team who could readily compete for a D1 title, regardless of section. San Diego, SJS, Central, NCS, whatever. I wouldn't worry about any big OOS marquee matchups until they knock down at least a SS-D1 title.

Griff - Servite is not winning SSD1 this year.  The best they can hope for is to gain credibility with a marquee OOS win to prove the 3rd place Trinity League team can win State in 47 other states

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

The only bad deal for them is missing the TL vs USA thing…. Servite is the #3 team in the league trying to Compete with MD and SJB for talent in So Cal…. You just can’t Miss and event where it is “Your League vs The USA” when your 2 main competitors are there, it makes you Irrelevant….

All the So Cal Ballers will be watching and there will be no mention of Servite… TT is trying to build this thing back up to where Servite was the Marquee team in So Cal like they were before in his prior run…. You can’t do that by missing events like this and letting SJB and MD grab all the Press and Headlines…

It a local event so there is no reason they should miss it…. Instead the Media will be talking about Santa Margarita instead of Servite and it will be a huge National Blow to the TL of SM Loses to a private school from TX… 

The games that matter is MD and Bosco. The marquee games are nice but they have to win those games just to keep what they have. Heck, Servite loses kids to Bosco every year, so from a recruiting standpoint, that's the biggest game of the year every year IMO. Notice Bosco rose when Servite fell.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Griff - Servite is not winning SSD1 this year.  The best they can hope for is to gain credibility with a marquee OOS win to prove the 3rd place Trinity League team can win State in 47 other states

They will gain credibility by beating MD and Bosco and winning a D1 championship. Nothing else really matters. I can tell you until they can beat them and win a title, no SoCal athletes will care about any OOS wins. They'll say that's nice and flock to Bosco.

13 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The OOS game that was lined up for them in the TL vs USA was a nobody team.  Servite had nothing to gain.

They did the right thing in opting for a marquee opponent even if they don't find one.  At least they tried to get a more compelling game with someone on the same Tier

This is just not True…. They are missing a Marquee event where they could have had everyone’s Attention Blowing the Doors off of some Team from TX….

Now they will have no ones attention because everyone will be watching MD, SJB and SM play while Servite is blowing the doors off of Villa Park or some other Bottom Tier So Cal Team…

If TT wants Servite to compete with MD and SJB for players he needs to be standing next to them…. Plus what National Team even cares about Playing Servite?… They don’t have the same Cache as playing SJB or MD….

It was a dumb, short sighted and arrogant  move by TT to pull out of the event and Servite will take a step back because of this….

• Like 2

Just now, Griff said:

They will gain credibility by beating MD and Bosco and winning a D1 championship. Nothing else really matters. I can tell you until they can beat them and win a title, no SoCal athletes will care about any OOS wins. They'll say that's nice and flock to Bosco.

Hope you aren't holding your breath for that.  Servite isn't beating MD, SJB or any other Tier 1 team this year.

They really desparately need a Tier 2/3 OOS win to shut up @TheMaximumHornetSting 

1 minute ago, THEOC89 said:

This is just not True…. They are missing a Marquee event where they could have had everyone’s Attention Blowing the Doors off of some Team from TX….

Now they will have no ones attention because everyone will be watching MD, SJB and SM play while Servite is blowing the doors off of Villa Park or some other Bottom Tier So Cal Team…

If TT wants Servite to compete with MD and SJB for players he needs to be standing next to them…. Plus what National Team even cares about Playing Servite?… They don’t have the same Cache as playing SJB or MD….

It was a dumb, short sighted and arrogant  move by TT to pull out of the event and Servite will take a step back because of this….

So who were they going to play in the TL Classic.  Something Something ____________.   Even Santa Margarita is going to beat that team.

It is evident that Nor Cal and OOS schools are avoiding Servite and have lessor teams scheduled.

No one wants to step up.

TT doesn't like Negro either, which I am sure had 51%+ to do with the decision to pull out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Griff said:

The games that matter is MD and Bosco. The marquee games are nice but they have to win those games just to keep what they have. Heck, Servite loses kids to Bosco every year, so from a recruiting standpoint, that's the biggest game of the year every year IMO. Notice Bosco rose when Servite fell.

This is a good point about SJB and Servite…. But to your other point they have to win Marquee games just to keep what they have….

So like I said, kids are more impressed by you beating a TX team in a Marquee event, or beating Villa Park?…

If Servite is not careful they will find themselves getting passed up by SM and OLU and JSerra who are all committed to getting better at football… Servite needs to keep the kids from going to those TL schools as well, it’s not just MD and SJB….

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Hope you aren't holding your breath for that.  Servite isn't beating MD, SJB or any other Tier 1 team this year.

They really desparately need a Tier 2/3 OOS win to shut up @TheMaximumHornetSting 

Oh I'm not holding my breath for anything. I'm just saying if their goal is, from a recruiting standpoint, to get better athletes into the program so they can functionally compete with MD and Bosco, then they need to actually win something. Even winning the TL would be bigger than any OOS at this point. Otherwise they'll keep losing players to those schools. 

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

So who were they going to play in the TL Classic.  Something Something ____________.   Even Santa Margarita is going to beat that team.

It is evident that Nor Cal and OOS schools are avoiding Servite and have lessor teams scheduled.

No one wants to step up.

TT doesn't like Negro either, which I am sure had 51%+ to do with the decision to pull out.

A win over Something, Something TX in a Marquee event is better then a win over Villa Park in a game no one cares about in the eyes of Recruiting…. Now SM will get that Recruiting Boost if they win…. If SM loses, it is a Big Black Eye for the TL and Cali….

You are right about Nor Cal Teams, The most disappointing Nor Cal team to me is Serra…. They are loaded and an open caliber team, yet they did not schedule DLS or Folsom…. They would be an excellent opponent for Servite…

2 of their 3 non league games are awful they should be playing a top CA team like Servite…. I wish they could bounce their 9/11 game and play Servite instead….

If TT bailed because of JN then that is a win for JN…. Less exposure for Servite more for SJB…. Again, a bad move by TT to miss this event….

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

This is a good point about SJB and Servite…. But to your other point they have to win Marquee games just to keep what they have….

So like I said, kids are more impressed by you beating a TX team in a Marquee event, or beating Villa Park?…

If Servite is not careful they will find themselves getting passed up by SM and OLU and JSerra who are all committed to getting better at football… Servite needs to keep the kids from going to those TL schools as well, it’s not just MD and SJB….

I get what you're saying, but my point is Servite needs the marquee wins in-state before they worry about the marquee wins out of state. Heck, they last time they played Mission Viejo, they lost. So they still have to worry about beating local powers consistently. 

If they get through this year and go like 10-3 (or more likely 9-3) with losses only to MD and Bosco, its actually an improvement. OOS games notwithstanding, they need decisive wins against the locals. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

In other words, Servite pulled a Folsom. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

See you're so fixated on OOS... 

I'm not... 

I want for Servite to do better! 

Beating Chandler,Mullen,Pinnacle,etc... none of that means shit to me. All that proves to me is Servite is good enough to beat those teams. But then struggle in their own league. And you'll continue to peddle the same BS like you are now... 

I want to see Servite earn their rankings. 

If they lose to SJB and MD so be it... but don't sit up here and try to talk them up when they're getting blown out 51 to fucking 7 and so on... 

Don't try to sell me on Servite when they can't do what needs to be done. 

If I did the same thing you did with Servite with a Georgia team you'd be the first one to have a problem with it... 

TELL ME WHAT SERVITE HAS DONE TO DESERVE BEING RANKED SO HIGH?! 

See that's what you dont get Sammy 

You always fall back on the excuse "theyd be Top 10 in another state" or "They play in the Trinity League". 

Here's the reality. Servite is not in another state they are in California. And yes they play in the Trinity League and I know it must suck to have to play SJB and MD back to Back. Then struggle in a toss up with Jserra because we all know SM and OLU ain't hitting on nothing right now. 

But guess what that's their problem they gotta find a solution and a way to start winning. 

THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE FAILING TO SEE. 

You like to talk about how other teams schedule and what tiers/ranks teams belong in and what they dont do. 

But you want me to buy into Servite. 

BUT THEY HAVE SHOWN ME NOTHING

• Like 1

For all the grief you give DLS and Cen10 and any team that's not on the Sammy Spectrum of Hype. 

You know what they do? 

They win. They know how to get the job done. Yes they may falter here and there. But they are consistent in their performances they have good seasons and even win titles hell you can't even mention California football and not mention them. They have cemented themselves. 

SJB and MD have done the same thing. 

Servite has done what recently? 

How many titles in the last 10 years Sammy?  I'm even doing you a favor I'm giving you a 10 year gap. 

When is the last time they made it past the 2nd round? When is the last time they beat any of the other teams I've mentioned? 

Cen10? 

MD? 

SJB? 

DLS? 

MV? 

Hell since you care so much about OOS. 

When is the last time they beat an OOS power? 

They've played BG how many times? 

And won how many? 

None right? 

But here comes the mighty Servite tearing up the rankings at 4-7. 

And yes I know that's old but Sammy you're still the same poster who would push for them to be in the top. For no reason at all... 

If Servite could atleast get a 9 or 10 win season with atleast 2 solid wins over solid teams I'd take everything I said back. 

I'm not talking about John W. North or Fountain Valley. 

I'm talking the big boys that have made a name for themselves. 

Beat MD and SJB atleast once.

Beat DLS! 

Beat Cen10! 

Do something! 

Show me something!

17 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I'm not... 

Beating Chandler,Mullen,Pinnacle,etc... none of that means shit to me. All that proves to me is Servite is good enough to beat those teams. But then struggle in their own league. And you'll continue to peddle the same BS like you are now... 

If they lose to SJB and MD so be it... but don't sit up here and try to talk them up when they're getting blown out 51 to fucking 7 and so on... 

If I did the same thing you did with Servite with a Georgia team you'd be the first one to have a problem with it... 

You always fall back on the excuse "theyd be Top 10 in another state" or "They play in the Trinity League". 

Here's the reality. Servite is not in another state they are in California. And yes they play in the Trinity League and I know it must suck to have to play SJB and MD back to Back. Then struggle in a toss up with Jserra because we all know SM and OLU ain't hitting on nothing right now. 

But guess what that's their problem they gotta find a solution and a way to start winning. 

You like to talk about how other teams schedule and what tiers/ranks teams belong in and what they dont do. 

Don't worry after this coming season by all looks of it Servite will be back to being irrelevant when all of their D1 transfers graduate. 

9 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I'm not... 

@THEOC89@Griff 

See above.  This is exactly why Servite needs to beat a Marquee team.  People need to stop waiting for them to beat MD or SJB in order to have ANY credibility.  Unfortunately 99% of the people following HS football think like the above post.   No one else in the Trinity league will be deemed worthwhile by the masses until they beat MD and SJB.  Every Other school that goes 10-0 get kudos and rankings, because they aren't forced to play MD and SJB every year.

Servite and everyone else would be better off in a different league,  SJB is getting the Lakewood, Carson/Banning, and Poly guys, MD is getting guys from Inner City LA Cathedral, Pomona Claremont area,  Inland Empire and North SD County. 

Servite needs a marquee WIN they can point to, given that they will get 2 automatic losses every year.  Something Something #40+ ranked Texas team would not help at all.  In fact, it would be a disaster if the Texas team even kept the game close.

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

@THEOC89@Griff 

See above.  This is exactly why Servite needs to beat a Marquee team.  People need to stop waiting for them to beat MD or SJB in order to have ANY credibility.  Unfortunately 99% of the people following HS football think like the above post.   No one else in the Trinity league will be deemed worthwhile by the masses until they beat MD and SJB.  Every Other school that goes 10-0 get kudos and rankings, because they aren't forced to play MD and SJB every year.

Servite and everyone else would be better off in a different league,  SJB is getting the Lakewood, Carson/Banning, and Poly guys, MD is getting guys from Inner City LA Cathedral, Pomona Claremont area,  Inland Empire and North SD County. 

Servite needs a marquee WIN they can point to, given that they will get 2 automatic losses every year.  Something Something #40+ ranked Texas team would not help at all.  In fact, it would be a disaster if the Texas team even kept the game close.

And see thats your problem... 

You're the only one that thinks beat a Texas team would be bad or even keeping it a close win would be bad. 

If Servite beat Allen 3-0 in Triple OT that would be better than any other win they have gotten recently. That would show me something. I would give them props for that because that would be better than any win they have had in how many years? 

13 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

And see thats your problem... 

You're the only one that thinks beat a Texas team would be bad or even keeping it a close win would be bad. 

If Servite beat Allen 3-0 in Triple OT that would be better than any other win they have gotten recently. That would show me something. I would give them props for that because that would be better than any win they have had in how many years? 

I agree with you about Allen.  That is the Texas type game I would want Servite to play.

The Texas team they bailed on was a small Catholc school no one every heard of.  It was a lose lose game for Servite.

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

@THEOC89@Griff 

I'm not sure what a marquee OOS win would get them, other than bragging rights I guess. It won't necessarily help them build their program because ultimately MD and Bosco also beat marquee OOS programs...and win the TL and SS-D1 and state titles. That's what the top athletes in SoCal care about, so Servite has to inject themselves into that conversation and then they'll be able to get, and most importantly keep, talent on their campus.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Griff said:

I'm not sure what a marquee OOS win would get them, other than bragging rights I guess. It won't necessarily help them build their program because ultimately MD and Bosco also beat marquee OOS programs...and win the TL and SS-D1 and state titles. That's what the top athletes in SoCal care about, so Servite has to inject themselves into that conversation and then they'll be able to get, and most importantly keep, talent on their campus.

Dudes aren’t going to magically show up until Servite starts scheduling compelling games.