Servite Still Looking for Opponent for 8/20 or 9/10

FriarJoe

31 minutes ago, Slotback Right said:

I forgot about American Fork. Makes Servite's OOS record 4-7.

Wins were over:

Las Vegas Clark by 13-7 and 28-6,

De La Salle (Illinois) by 51-6, and, 

American Fork (Utah) by 38-28.

Losses were to Moeller (Ohio) by 15-29, and,

the six losses to Gorman (Nev.) 28-31, 0-42, 17-41, 27-48, 7-38, and 21-42.

3 of those losses were to national Top 10 teams, whcih most everyone else would have lost to as well.   So you can throw those losses out.

Their record is 4-3 in OOS type teams that everyone else plays.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

3 of those losses were to national Top 10 teams, whcih most everyone else would have lost to as well.   So you can throw those losses out.

And according to USA Today, two of those losses were to the eventual mythical National Champions: Moeller in '82, and Gorman in '14.

2 minutes ago, Slotback Right said:

I remember we were supposed to play John Curtis in New Orleans about a dozen years ago or so, but it fell through for some reason...money maybe? Louisiana lucked out. 😛

That's Right.  I remember that.  It was the 2010 season.   Servite agreed to travel to New Orleans..  JC didn't want the smoke.  Good call by them.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Serious question. Just rying to educate myself. Does Servite have a relevant OOS win from 2015-2020? Thx. 

No.  Other than American Fork which is not really relevant.

It's very frustrating to not have a marquee OOS game last year or this year.  No regional OOS teams want to play Servite and no East coast OOS teams will travel.  Servite may end up travelling (they have the $$) back East to find a game.  No one knows.  I would be really mad if they settled for a 8 or 9 game season because they were too stubborn to travel.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

No.  Other than American Fork which is not really relevant.

It's very frustrating to not have a marquee OOS game last year or this year.  No regional OOS teams want to play Servite and no East coast OOS teams will travel.  Servite may end up travelling (they have the $$) back East to find a game.  No one knows.  I would be really mad if they settled for a 8 or 9 game season because they were too stubborn to travel.

AF is relevant as they were a T200 team in 2019. They’ll be showcased on the PGL/Flo HSFB Channel on 9/4 vs Serra Gardena! 

• Like 1

On 6/27/2021 at 5:58 AM, Sammyswordsman said:

This should get pinned right to the top of excuse thread. Haha

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Griff said:

Amat said no thanks.

Brutal for Servite…. They are going to waste their Best team in years with no Marquee OOS game and they are so desperate they are getting TD by Amat….

They really blew it by backing out of the TL vs USA thing and they should have dialed in a Big OOS game months ago….

TT has to realize that he does not have a Marquee program like Servite was during his prior run, he is a “Begger” right now and not a “Chooser”….  MD and SJB are the Choosers….

Maybe they can add Villa Park to Crespi and Helix that are already on the schedule…. Just Awful…

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Folsom currently has 9 games on the schedule and both 8/20 and 9/10 are open.  smh

This will never Happen, Folsom will Never Play a TL Team….

Even if Folsom were to beat DLS and go to the open, they would just create a rule where they can opt down to the D-1AA game because they would say “It’s not Fair that we have to Play MD or SJB”….. 🤣

Folsom wants No Part of So Cal’s Best teams, they have been ducking them all for years…..

2 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Brutal for Servite…. They are going to waste their Best team in years with no Marquee OOS game and they are so desperate they are getting TD by Amat….

They really blew it by backing out of the TL vs USA thing and they should have dialed in a Big OOS game months ago….

TT has to realize that he does not have a Marquee program like Servite was during his prior run, he is a “Begger” right now and not a “Chooser”….  MD and SJB are the Choosers….

Maybe they can add Villa Park to Crespi and Helix that are already on the schedule…. Just Awful…

Maybe the TL vs USA thing was going to be a bad deal for them and they thought they had time to find another game. I don't know the ins and outs of game negotiations, if they wanted to dial up a big OOS game or not, all I do know is there are programs with openings, local programs like Amat, but everyone has said no for one reason or another.

Just now, Griff said:

Maybe the TL vs USA thing was going to be a bad deal for them and they thought they had time to find another game. I don't know the ins and outs of game negotiations, if they wanted to dial up a big OOS game or not, all I do know is there are programs with openings, local programs like Amat, but everyone has said no for one reason or another.

The OOS game that was lined up for them in the TL vs USA was a nobody team.  Servite had nothing to gain.

They did the right thing in opting for a marquee opponent even if they don't find one.  At least they tried to get a more compelling game with someone on the same Tier