IMG has a new head coach

Las Vegas_JC

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Actually it has about 85% of what I said.   But your frame of reference is Fla coaches.  Hence the disconnect 

How is it that someone can spend so much time on a high school football forum and yet be so inept and incapable of articulating a single insightful thought on the subject?

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

You listed centennial who they played once instead of DFB? 

My guess is that most those SFL publics don't see STA as being unbeatable and Usually these SFL teams while not always national recognized like STA seem to come to play when they line up with STA

Those were the schools that immediately came to mind. I noticed that STA rarely struggles with private schools, but when they play the publics they seem to struggle....whether it's in state or out of state. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

How is it that someone can spend so much time on a high school football forum and yet be so inept and incapable of articulating a single insightful thought on the subject?

Tier 6 narrative that hasn't gained any traction.  May want to change course instead of confirming Tier 1 Clown status.

IMG ACADEMY NAMES THOMAS “PEPPER” JOHNSON HEAD COACH OF 

NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM

BRADENTON, Fla. (June 23, 2021) – Today IMG Academy announced that former NFL player and coach Thomas “Pepper” Johnson has been named Head Coach of its National Team.

“We’re excited to welcome Pepper into the Head Coach role after witnessing the positive impact he has had on the development of our student-athletes in his role as Defensive Coordinator,” remarked IMG Academy Athletic Director Scott Dean. “Pepper brings more than 30 years of collegiate and NFL playing and coaching experience, having personally guided the careers of more than a dozen Pro Bowl athletes, and we’re looking forward to watching him guide our National Team into the 2021 season.”

A standout high school player, Johnson committed to The Ohio State University where he was a four-year letterman, two-time All Big Ten, two-time Captain and named to the All American team his senior year. He entered the school’s Athletics Hall of Fame in 2000. Following his impressive college career, Johnson was drafted by the New York Giants in the second round and would go on to play 13 seasons in the NFL, including seven years with the Giants, winning two Super Bowl Championships under legendary Head Coach Bill Parcells and Defensive Coordinator Bill Belichick. He has coached professionally for 20 seasons including 14 seasons – and three Super Bowl championships – with the New England Patriots. He has also had coaching stints with the Buffalo Bills and New York Jets. 

“IMG Academy has built an incredible program that has attracted some of the most talented high school players in the country,” said Pepper Johnson. “I’m looking forward to moving into the Head Coach position where I can play an even greater role in helping shape their futures by imparting what I’ve learned in my decades as both player and coach at the highest levels of the game.”

Varsity Football launched at IMG Academy in 2013, and has emerged as a perennial national power, finishing in the national top-10 as ranked by Max Preps and USA Today for the past six seasons. The National Team finished the 2020 season in Max Preps’, USA Today’s, and High School Football America’s No. 1 spot. In its history, IMG Academy has placed more than 140 football student-athletes into Division 1 programs. In Spring 2021, the program broke the high school record for the number of alumni selected in the NFL Draft with seven.   

About IMG Academy

IMG Academy is one of the world’s largest and most advanced multi-sport training and educational institutions. IMG Academy helps countless youth, adult, collegiate and professional athletes reach their full potential in and out of sport by providing world-class teaching and coaching, tailored programs and professional facilities. IMG Academy also serves as a training and competition venue for amateur and professional teams, a host site for a variety of events, and a hub for sports performance research and innovation.

On 6/24/2021 at 6:33 AM, GardenStateBaller said:

IMG ACADEMY NAMES THOMAS “PEPPER” JOHNSON HEAD COACH OF 

NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM

BRADENTON, Fla. (June 23, 2021) – Today IMG Academy announced that former NFL player and coach Thomas “Pepper” Johnson has been named Head Coach of its National Team.

“We’re excited to welcome Pepper into the Head Coach role after witnessing the positive impact he has had on the development of our student-athletes in his role as Defensive Coordinator,” remarked IMG Academy Athletic Director Scott Dean. “Pepper brings more than 30 years of collegiate and NFL playing and coaching experience, having personally guided the careers of more than a dozen Pro Bowl athletes, and we’re looking forward to watching him guide our National Team into the 2021 season.”

A standout high school player, Johnson committed to The Ohio State University where he was a four-year letterman, two-time All Big Ten, two-time Captain and named to the All American team his senior year. He entered the school’s Athletics Hall of Fame in 2000. Following his impressive college career, Johnson was drafted by the New York Giants in the second round and would go on to play 13 seasons in the NFL, including seven years with the Giants, winning two Super Bowl Championships under legendary Head Coach Bill Parcells and Defensive Coordinator Bill Belichick. He has coached professionally for 20 seasons including 14 seasons – and three Super Bowl championships – with the New England Patriots. He has also had coaching stints with the Buffalo Bills and New York Jets. 

“IMG Academy has built an incredible program that has attracted some of the most talented high school players in the country,” said Pepper Johnson. “I’m looking forward to moving into the Head Coach position where I can play an even greater role in helping shape their futures by imparting what I’ve learned in my decades as both player and coach at the highest levels of the game.”

Varsity Football launched at IMG Academy in 2013, and has emerged as a perennial national power, finishing in the national top-10 as ranked by Max Preps and USA Today for the past six seasons. The National Team finished the 2020 season in Max Preps’, USA Today’s, and High School Football America’s No. 1 spot. In its history, IMG Academy has placed more than 140 football student-athletes into Division 1 programs. In Spring 2021, the program broke the high school record for the number of alumni selected in the NFL Draft with seven.   

About IMG Academy

IMG Academy is one of the world’s largest and most advanced multi-sport training and educational institutions. IMG Academy helps countless youth, adult, collegiate and professional athletes reach their full potential in and out of sport by providing world-class teaching and coaching, tailored programs and professional facilities. IMG Academy also serves as a training and competition venue for amateur and professional teams, a host site for a variety of events, and a hub for sports performance research and innovation.

Haha I never knew his name was Thomas Johnson. Supposedly he got the name of Pepper because he would put black pepper on his breakfast cereal. Yum!

On 6/23/2021 at 7:00 PM, FootballGuy said:

While STA is a great program, it confuses me how they seem to catch a lot of hell from public schools (Booker T, Centennial, Miami Central, Miramar, etc.)

3-1 vs. Booker. T Washington with the one loss being infamous.

Centennial and Central were one-offs. Centennial being a perfect storm fluke and Central just being really good and playing an excellent 4th quarter.

I assume you're just talking about the three straight losses to Miramar (2011-13). All three were great games decided by one play. Otherwise STA has won 14 of the last 15 against them (2017 being the outlier).

But I get what you mean.

Still our last loss was to a private school.

51 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

3-1 vs. Booker. T Washington with the one loss being infamous.

Centennial and Central were one-offs. Centennial being a perfect storm fluke and Central just being really good and playing an excellent 4th quarter.

I assume you're just talking about the three straight losses to Miramar (2011-13). All three were great games decided by one play. Otherwise STA has won 14 of the last 15 against them (2017 being the outlier).

But I get what you mean.

Still our last loss was to a private school.

Outside of the don bosco prep games and the gorman game (a game which I felt they let gorman off the hook), they've done really well against private schools. 

4 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

RedZone now proving that he doesn't know what a one-off is.

Christ.

He never fails to walk into the rake.

Rake Take - TV Tropes

All the ways you could have used that iconic Simpsons moment and that's the best you can do 

Geez Los can you actually step your game up or are you really that washed up