OT: Austrailian Lives Matter too

thc6795

Guest LOSer
10 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Not worried about setting you straight. Just much more informed on the subject than you and know what I'm talking about from experience. 

9_9

Spare me.

Cops don't rat on other cops and they certainly don't write reports that implicate them either.

Guest LOSer
10 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I'm sure something went through his mind. Seems that most cops now are on high alert and this is the result of some many cops being the target of hate.

The number of cops killed and/or assaulted on the job is at an all-time low.

Less cops are being killed and more civilians are being killed by cops.

This is despite crime being at near all-time lows and going down all the time.

Reality just doesn't support anything that you guys say.

Guest LOSer
8 hours ago, Ararar said:

I'm posting this article because I think it's pertinent to this discussion.I consider myself pro police but it does seem somewhere in time the force became overly militaristic.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/jury-awards-nearly-15m-to-family-of-unarmed-black-man-killed-by-swat-sniper-in-fife/

Bill Maher had a segment about this a few years ago.

3 hours ago, LOSer said:

The number of cops killed and/or assaulted on the job is at an all-time low.

Less cops are being killed and more civilians are being killed by cops.

This is despite crime being at near all-time lows and going down all the time.

Reality just doesn't support anything that you guys say.

those type of facts get ignored and buried by the stupid pro-blue crowd

3 hours ago, LOSer said:

9_9

Spare me.

Cops don't rat on other cops and they certainly don't write reports that implicate them either.

Thats BS. Maybe the cops near you dont. But Where I'm from if a cop commited an injustice he was treated just like anyone else. Believe me another cop would report him/her if nobody else did. 

There are evil corrupt cops out there but not all of them are like that.  

Guest LOSer
17 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Maybe the cops near you dont.

Not one of these recent police involved shootings has happened where I live.

Can you name a single instance where another cop has written an incriminating police report or gone public with testimony that was detrimental to a fellow cops' defense?

Guest LOSer
18 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

But Where I'm from if a cop commited an injustice he was treated just like anyone else. Believe me another cop would report him/her if nobody else did. 

Must be nice living in a fantasy world.

Guest LOSer
18 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

There are evil corrupt cops out there but not all of them are like that.  

I didn't say that all of them were evil or corrupt.

I said they don't implicate their fellow cops.

41 minutes ago, LOSer said:

I didn't say that all of them were evil or corrupt.

I said they don't implicate their fellow cops.

Bullshit! Worked with one who had a use of force incident which was totally uncalled for just a couple of months ago.

Fellow Deputy called him on it right after. Supervisor looked at the video later in the shift and the kid who was a totally idiot anyway and shouldn't have be been a cop was out the door the next day (he was on probation). And the citizen hadn't complained and when he was contacted he said he had no intention of filing a complaint. Was not going to be an issue until he was "implicated"

And just so you are not confused like you were with Ron (who has put it out there numerous times) yes I am in law enforcement and have been for 19 years.

Guest LOSer
3 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Just because you havent heard about it doesnt mean it doesnt happen. 

Mighty strong argument you've got there.

Guest LOSer
Just now, Cossacks said:

Bullshit! Worked with one who had a use of force incident which was totally uncalled for just a couple of months ago.

Fellow Deputy called him on it right after. Supervisor looked at the video later in the shift and the kid who was a totally idiot anyway and shouldn't have be been a cop was out the door the next day (he was on probation). And the citizen hadn't complained and when he was contacted he said he had no intention of filing a complaint. Was not going to be an issue until he was "implicated"

Mighty fine single anecdotal incident you've got there.

Guest LOSer
1 minute ago, Cossacks said:

And just so you are not confused like you were with Ron (who has put it out there numerous times) yes I am in law enforcement and have been for 19 years.

What a shock!

A bunch of cops irrationally defending all cops.

knock me over with a feather. 

Guest LOSer
1 minute ago, Cossacks said:

Irrationally lol! Yeah because I've never called out bullshit behavior by cops! Oh wait i can't because of the "code" we all live by. Fucking tards.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/albertsamaha/blue-lies-matter?utm_term=.tazdej9E2#.cbjkDQ0lO

BuzzFeed News reviewed 62 incidents of video footage contradicting an officer's statement in a police report or testimony. From traffic stops to fatal force, these cases reveal how cops are incentivized to lie — and why they get away with it.

There are no comprehensive statistical studies of police lying — for somewhat obvious reasons: It’s impossible to know how often officers get away with lying. In one quantitative effort published in the University of Chicago Law Review in 1992, Myron Orfield, who is now a law professor at the University of Minnesota, surveyed dozens of prosecutors, defense attorneys, and judges in Chicago. Fifty-two percent of them responded that prosecutors “know or have reason to know” that an officer fabricated evidence “at least half of the time.” Nearly 90% of prosecutors responded that they were aware of police perjury in cases “at least some of the time.”

Guest LOSer
3 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Irrationally lol! Yeah because I've never called out bullshit behavior by cops! Oh wait i can't because of the "code" we all live by. Fucking tards.

Clean up your own mess.

Go yell at someone else dude. It's not my fault that cops have a bad reputation.

Guest LOSer
52 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

And you know that how? Because of what?

You just said you were a cop.

Cops irrationally defending cops.

Boy, I've never heard that one before.