St. Xaiver wins Ohio State Champs. SJB responds on Twitter

BobbySanchez

20 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I read that (2 loss) STA won their 19th consecutive playoff game (5 years worth?)

Kinda appears similar to the competition in Nor Cal ( not that there is anything wrong with that) 

Can't be right as they lost to Dwyer in 2013...  I assume they've won 14 in a row  (2014, 2015, 2016).  5 rounds of playoffs, so if they beat Plant it would be 15 in a row. 

STA's last home playoff loss was 2003 I believe, but they've certainly lost to local teams and in the playoffs on the road.  

3 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

I remember when folks said this was the worst St X team in history lol they'd be lucky to win 4 games lol

They were the weakest team on paper in a long time.  Still true, which makes their accomplishment extraordinary.

They finished 10-5. Six wins by a score or less including three in OT and of the three non-OTs, X was behind in the 4th in every one. In only one of the six was X never trailing.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

I remember when folks said this was the worst St X team in history lol they'd be lucky to win 4 games lol

I don't think anyone said history.  But this team still isn't that great talent wise.  I wouldn't favor them over a top 50 school but that doesn't mean they couldn't beat them.  

4 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Agreed.  The score was deceiving.  St. X played SJB tougher than anyone except Mater Dei.  Probably hit harder than Mater Dei as well.

St. X would be a different animal now, and a game now would be a 7 point affair. 

Bosco would still win comfortably imo.  Re-al has found his groove and he would be too much.  X would score though with the number of injuries that Bosco has on defense.

5 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Agreed.  The score was deceiving.  St. X played SJB tougher than anyone except Mater Dei.  Probably hit harder than Mater Dei as well.

St. X would be a different animal now, and a game now would be a 7 point affair. 

True the game was closer than the 34-0 score. I would still favor SJB by 2 scores over X now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

No offense meant.  Just call em as I see em.  I understand people and their psyches

Your statement was wrong. That simple.

Just two big-time recruits. One was out before the season started. The other was injured off and on for much of the season.

Multiple other injuries (including their #2 o-lineman, who was also out for the season).  The rest of the team has a handful of offers from small schools. One Navy offer, a couple of MACs.  That's it.

The only "psyche" involved is your obvious need to pump up the win over X.  

5 minutes ago, concha said:

Your statement was wrong. That simple.

Just two big-time recruits. One was out before the season started. The other was injured off and on for much of the season.

Multiple other injuries (including their #2 o-lineman, who was also out for the season).  The rest of the team has a handful of offers from small schools. One Navy offer, a couple of MACs.  That's it.

The only "psyche" involved is your obvious need to pump up the win over X.  

Ok then what does the worst team in St. X history winning a state title say about the overall state of Ohio football. 

Noy bashin just askin 

5 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Ok then what does the worst team in St. X history winning a state title say about the overall state of Ohio football. 

Noy bashin just askin 

The worst team in St X history didn't win.  Their on-paper arguably weakest team in many years did.

You may reach your own conclusions.  I simply present facts, rather than emotional cry-outs for validation.

2 hours ago, LOSer said:

No.

Saying that Roswell is overrated because they beat teams like Etowah, 17-14, Milton, 17-0, Cherokee, 20-14, and Peachtree Ridge, 29-12 has literally nothing to do with calpreps.

You are off the reservation.

So now you change the topic. i havent brought up Roswell in this thread. I said You used CP to back up your info. for example when I said GA 7A and 6A where stronger than FL 7A and 6A you immediately went to CP and when I said Region 1-6A didnt suck. you immediately went to CP. 

Its almost like you cant form your own opinion without having Confirmation from someone elses opinion. And a Computers Opinion at that. CP is nothing but Neds Opinion on the rankings.  

But his Opinion is yours too I guess. And I guess it must be correct because Apparently everything you say is fact and its never incorrect. 

2 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

So now you change the topic. i havent brought up Roswell in this thread. I said You used CP to back up your info. for example when I said GA 7A and 6A where stronger than FL 7A and 6A you immediately went to CP and when I said Region 1-6A didnt suck. you immediately went to CP. 

Its almost like you cant form your own opinion without having Confirmation from someone elses opinion. And a Computers Opinion at that. CP is nothing but Neds Opinion on the rankings.  

But his Opinion is yours too I guess. And I guess it must be correct because Apparently everything you say is fact and its never incorrect. 

Odd conversation placement 

The biggest factor to X doing so well to end the year was Sean Clifford and little else. During this unbelievable playoff run, generally X had looked like X of the regular season, except for their QB play. 

Sean Clifford was wearing a boot the day before the SJB game and was barely mobile when he played for most of the regular season. He wasn't fully healthy until the 2nd week of the playoffs. He took over games making plays with his legs and practically single handedly won 3 of X's playoff games. 

Alot of people doubted this X team, because apart from injuries, I don't think anyone expected Clifford to be so damn good....Clifford has been their QB the previous 2 years and he was very underwhelming. He was very inaccurate and didn't do much at all. His accuracy is a little better this year, but it's the way he's been making plays with his legs and just making very smart decisions that really took X to a higher level

13 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I said You used CP to back up your info. for example when I said GA 7A and 6A where stronger than FL 7A and 6A you immediately went to CP and when I said Region 1-6A didnt suck. you immediately went to CP.

Don't start lying now.

You said Georgia 5A was better too.

I merely showed you that the only real source that measures those things had Georgia 5A rated 84th.

Your statement was so stupid you might as well have said that Georgia 1A was better or that GISA was better.

10 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

The biggest factor to X doing so well to end the year was Sean Clifford and little else. During this unbelievable playoff run, generally X had looked like X of the regular season, except for their QB play. 

Sean Clifford was wearing a boot the day before the SJB game and was barely mobile when he played for most of the regular season. He wasn't fully healthy until the 2nd week of the playoffs. He took over games making plays with his legs and practically single handedly won 3 of X's playoff games. 

Alot of people doubted this X team, because apart from injuries, I don't think anyone expected Clifford to be so damn good....Clifford has been their QB the previous 2 years and he was very underwhelming. He was very inaccurate and didn't do much at all. His accuracy is a little better this year, but it's the way he's been making plays with his legs and just making very smart decisions that really took X to a higher level

True.

Clifford was far from 100% vs. SJB and was in fact out the next two games. He completely missed three more later in the season and had to spelled in several others (including SJB).

1 minute ago, LOSer said:

Don't start lying now.

You said Georgia 5A was better too.

I merely showed you that the only real source that measures those things had Georgia 5A rated 84th.

Your statement was so stupid you might as well have said that Georgia 1A was better or that GISA was better.

See thats your problem. yea I forgot 5A and I aint lying I said what I said and I take responsibility for it. But I havent lied about anything. and besides I dont need a Computer to tell me that GA 5A,6A AND 7A are stronger than Floridas. you're the one who needs a reassurance I stand by my statement with Pride. 

FL 5A rides on AHP thats it

7A is clearly all on STA. 

And 6A is all Carol City.

FL has watered down classes. if you took away 8A and 7A you'd be good. but nah. the FHSAA is money hungry. dont worry the GHSA is too we dobt even need a 7A.

18 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I said You used CP to back up your info. for example when I said GA 7A and 6A where stronger than FL 7A and 6A you immediately went to CP and when I said Region 1-6A didnt suck. you immediately went to CP. 

Here's a lesson for you.

I didn't make a declarative statement. You did.

I merely showed you that your claim was unsupportable by anything other than extreme homerism and opinion.

I did not use calpreps as a 'fact' like you said in any way, shape or form.