Game found

Ga96

29 minutes ago, Yard Dart said:

Yep...42-21 over Mansfield Timberview in 2008, who was in their second year of varsity football. Timberview was ranked #3336 nationally.  Congrats on the win.

John Curtis was at that event. Played Euless Trinity during a hurricane. Trinity was Preseason #1 nationally.

It was a hard hitting big boy game.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

No they didn’t. You clearly didn’t watch the game, MD was never in real danger. We were up 28-7 at the end of the 3rd Q. And if having 3 five stars in Palaie Gaoteote(#1 LB in the class), Brevin Jordan (#1 TE in the class) and DTR (#2 QB in the class) and multiple other P5 D1 signees guys is a down year then 🤷‍♂️ And we beat them without our best player Amon-Ra St. Brown. 

So you mean to tell me when BG came roaring back and cut the deficit to 7 with 8+ minutes left in the game, MD was never in any real danger? And let's be real my guy: I believe we all knew once that 45-0 class of BG graduated that they wouldn't be the same. Yes, they had the great linebacker, brevin and DTR (first year as a starting qb), but you had to know BG would be at an disadvantage coming into that game when you take that into consideration. MD was missing Amon-Ra (great player), but I truly felt like it woulda been a totally different story if JT missed the game instead of Amon-Ra. 

7 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

So you mean to tell me when BG came roaring back and cut the deficit to 7 with 8+ minutes left in the game, MD was never in any real danger? And let's be real my guy: I believe we all knew once that 45-0 class of BG graduated that they wouldn't be the same. Yes, they had the great linebacker, brevin and DTR (first year as a starting qb), but you had to know BG would be at an disadvantage coming into that game when you take that into consideration. MD was missing Amon-Ra (great player), but I truly felt like it woulda been a totally different story if JT missed the game instead of Amon-Ra. 

Not really in danger, it was a good run but never at any point during the game did it feel like MD wasn’t going to win the game. After they cut it to 7 it only took MD a minute and half to score another touchdown and put the game on ice. I think DTR was much better than Tate, which has certainly proven to be true at the college level. Although he was a first year starter he was a better thrower, more athletic, and tougher than Tate. Both squads were loaded with talent. Hope we can make it an annual series going forward. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Outside of ISB, what piss poor OOS teams has buford played? 

So Grove City,OH, Mansfield, Yulee, Jeff Davis,AL, Bishop Timon,NY, and Melbourne Catholic. 

So that’s 7 minimum. And the others they beat they were ranked much higher than. The only time they lost they were ranked lower. So they beat up on a bunch of scrubs 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

So Grove City,OH, Mansfield, Yulee, Jeff Davis,AL, Bishop Timon,NY, and Melbourne Catholic. 

So that’s 7 minimum. And the others they beat they were ranked much higher than. The only time they lost they were ranked lower. So they beat up on a bunch of scrubs 

I would just write it as Timberview.

Mansfield is a different school, 6A school and Mansfield Timberview has always been in the division with Aledo; 5A

#StopAsianHate

19 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

I would just write it as Timberview.

Mansfield is a different school, 6A school and Mansfield Timberview has always been in the division with Aledo; 5A

And Timberview made it a game with Buford. And they didn’t even crack the top 300 in Texas alone. Imagine if Buford didn’t bitch out and they played a real Texas team. It wouldn’t have been pretty 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

2 of the games where apart of the Kirk Herbstreit classic... 

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

Not really in danger, it was a good run but never at any point during the game did it feel like MD wasn’t going to win the game. After they cut it to 7 it only took MD a minute and half to score another touchdown and put the game on ice. I think DTR was much better than Tate, which has certainly proven to be true at the college level. Although he was a first year starter he was a better thrower, more athletic, and tougher than Tate. Both squads were loaded with talent. Hope we can make it an annual series going forward. 

Oooooh... not too sure about DTR being tougher than Tate. I saw Tate take a few shots during his career at BG and he always got back up. Not trying to pick on DTR, but I remember Miami Central had DTR crying on the sideline from the shoulder injury. Just saying. 

9 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

2 of the games where apart of the Kirk Herbstreit classic... 

yeah and it’s no coincidence that they played the two worst teams in both events. And they were one of the highest ranked teams in both events nationally. The coach was afraid to lose so he picked the worst duds he could find. 

33 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

And Timberview made it a game with Buford. And they didn’t even crack the top 300 in Texas alone. Imagine if Buford didn’t bitch out and they played a real Texas team. It wouldn’t have been pretty 

The game wasn't hand picked it was apart of the Kirk Herbstreit challenge.

And Buford scored almost at will in that game... 

Timberview got a TD in the 1st,2nd and 4th QTR and Buford had a 28-14 lead going into the 4th... 

Timberview scored on the opening play... 

And after that it was All Buford....

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

The game wasn't hand picked it was apart of the Kirk Herbstreit challenge.

And Buford scored almost at will in that game... 

Timberview got a TD in the 1st,2nd and 4th QTR and Buford had a 28-14 lead going into the 4th... 

Timberview scored on the opening play... 

And after that it was All Buford....

The events don’t just force teams to play. They have to agree to the matchup before they signed the contract. They are not drawing names out of a hat. 

57 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Riiight. So 2 respectable wins (Trinity Christian and LCA). As far as the Yulee game, I mean..... ESPN set Yulee up on that one...lol. All because they wanted to see Derrick Henry. Not Buford's fault. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

Riiight. So 2 respectable wins (Trinity Christian and LCA). As far as the Yulee game, I mean..... ESPN set Yulee up on that one...lol. All because they wanted to see Derrick Henry. Not Buford's fault. 

Buford had to agree. They didn’t have to play that garbage gimme game. 

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

Buford had to agree. They didn’t have to play that garbage gimme game. 

But at the same time, if you're the A.D., are you turning down a chance to play on national tv and a large payday even if that means you're playing an inferior opponent with a 5 star player(s) on their squad? 

47 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Oooooh... not too sure about DTR being tougher than Tate. I saw Tate take a few shots during his career at BG and he always got back up. Not trying to pick on DTR, but I remember Miami Central had DTR crying on the sideline from the shoulder injury. Just saying. 

Yes because he got killed the prior week against MD haha. He gained everyone in the stadiums respect that night because he kept getting up hit after hit. Not saying Tate isn’t tough, just watched DTR take a beating live and keep going. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

I was at the game in 2014 against Bingham. My cousin Dave was (is again) the HC. They should’ve won, but passed it away. I’m sure BG feels the same.

Helluva game that night. I remember the Bingham kids doing the Haka before the game and getting fired up. Awesome!

Great game by the kids on the field and an exciting atmosphere in the stands. I miss that series. Hopefully these schools can meet again. 

The last time that saw Bingham in person they spanked Kahuku high from HI

13 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

No they didn’t. You clearly didn’t watch the game, MD was never in real danger. We were up 28-7 at the end of the 3rd Q. And if having 3 five stars in Palaie Gaoteote(#1 LB in the class), Brevin Jordan (#1 TE in the class) and DTR (#2 QB in the class) and multiple other P5 D1 signees guys is a down year then 🤷‍♂️ And we beat them without Servite's best player Amon-Ra St. Brown. 

FIFY

Not really in danger, it was a good run but never at any point during the game did it feel like MD wasn’t going to win the game.

According to MD dad and many other posters at the oc connect forum the 2017 game against Gorman was the only game of that season that kept MD fans at the edge of their seat. Worried about the final outcome. MD dad said it best that his ass was puckered until the conclusion of that game. 

http://www.occonnect.com/community/viewforum.php?f=48&sid=71fc6f8c2fc7af47847d21ef460954c4 

After they cut it to 7 it only took MD a minute and half to score another touchdown and put the game on ice.

That’s why Bruce finally took the game against Gorman in 2017. Because he knew that Tate and the rest of that great class would have graduated by then. 

I think DTR was much better than Tate, which has certainly proven to be true at the college level. Although he was a first year starter he was a better thrower, more athletic, and tougher than Tate. Both squads were loaded with talent. Hope we can make it an annual series going forward.