LT vs Westlake II

ChimpGrip

2 minutes ago, Connman said:

Cameron Yoe (alma mater of DeeDee Westbrook of Okla) loses 37-34 in ot to Malakoff!

Carthage holds on to beat Stafford 27-26. On final drive Stafford was inadvertently given a 5th down enabling them to keep their drive going until missing a game winning fg at the end! WOW!

4A like I said at the beginning outside of 6A will be the best class for the playoffs.  There are some good teams in 4A and they are all meeting up.  Carthage Beast Texas 4A Beast. 

Camero Yoe, Celina, Brock, Newton, big names in small ball beaten.  6A Have delivered the same type of drama.  6A and 4A most compelling classes in Texas IMHO. What says you sir.  Westbrook is just one of many stars that this class have put out the last 5 years.  It is not the old 3A that alot of Texans can't get over.  

Good article on  WOS coach and that defense.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Winning-formula-for-West-Orange-Stark-stems-from-10683118.php

Since Thompson took over, West Orange-Stark has gone 75-11 in six years, with two state title game appearances and one state championship.
Twenty-eight of those wins were shutouts.
"(Thompson) is a defensive genius," said Central head coach Toby Foreman, who was a defensive starter for the WO-S Mustangs from 1993-95. "He's just so far ahead of everyone. He has the best defensive mind of anyone I've ever been around."

No. 1 state-ranked West Orange-Stark (13-0) enters today's Class 4A-II Region III final against Giddings having given up only 51 points this season - fewer than 4 points a game - and 119 yards a game.
The Mustangs, who are on an 18-game winning streak, have shut out eight of 13 opponents this season.

To put that into context, last year's Katy team – considered the best defensive team in Texas high school football history - allowed 62 points and had 10 shutouts in 16 games.

"My greatest fear is walking off the field knowing I was out-coached." Thompson said. "It's what keeps me up at night. I may be getting old, but that won't ever stop me from learning."

Thompson's defensive success comes from his knowledge of offensive schemes, he said. Over the years, he' has studied every type of offense played at the high school level.
"I want to know how to hurt them," he said.

10 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Good article on  WOS coach and that defense.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Winning-formula-for-West-Orange-Stark-stems-from-10683118.php

Since Thompson took over, West Orange-Stark has gone 75-11 in six years, with two state title game appearances and one state championship.
Twenty-eight of those wins were shutouts.
"(Thompson) is a defensive genius," said Central head coach Toby Foreman, who was a defensive starter for the WO-S Mustangs from 1993-95. "He's just so far ahead of everyone. He has the best defensive mind of anyone I've ever been around."

No. 1 state-ranked West Orange-Stark (13-0) enters today's Class 4A-II Region III final against Giddings having given up only 51 points this season - fewer than 4 points a game - and 119 yards a game.
The Mustangs, who are on an 18-game winning streak, have shut out eight of 13 opponents this season.

To put that into context, last year's Katy team – considered the best defensive team in Texas high school football history - allowed 62 points and had 10 shutouts in 16 games.

"My greatest fear is walking off the field knowing I was out-coached." Thompson said. "It's what keeps me up at night. I may be getting old, but that won't ever stop me from learning."

Thompson's defensive success comes from his knowledge of offensive schemes, he said. Over the years, he' has studied every type of offense played at the high school level.
"I want to know how to hurt them," he said.

I will take WOS over Gilmer in the final.  It will be interesting to see how their defense handles Gilmer!!