Archbishop Hoban OH 30, Trotwood-Madison OH 0

St. Joseph's Prep PA 35, North Penn PA 25

Whitehaven TN 12, Oakland TN 9

DeSoto TX 55, Cedar Hill TX 41

Camas WA 24, Richland WA 14

In Progress 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

13 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Oakland lost LOL after that amazing season, getting over Maryville, and they lost.... 

wow. 

I know right? This was JaCoby Stevens' senior year... when he goes they may drop back a little bit...

Theyd been falling to Maryville for years and they finally beat them only to lose to Whitehaven...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Oakland lost LOL after that amazing season, getting over Maryville, and they lost.... 

wow. 

I know. What a choke job for them. Most thought the Maryville game was the defacto state title game. Everybody thought Whitehaven would be an easier game. I guess Whitehaven didn't think so. 

21 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

I know. What a choke job for them. Most thought the Maryville game was the defacto state title game. Everybody thought Whitehaven would be an easier game. I guess Whitehaven didn't think so. 

Oakland put up so many points in every game and then Whitehaven  shut that high powered O down. Not being totally familiar with all of Oakland's opponents throughout the season, I couldn't come to a decision whether they played cream puffs is why they were scoring 40+ every game or whether they were just that unstoppable. 

Was it really a choke job, or did  Whitehaven make them play their type game rather than the fast strike high scoring type that Oakland had done all season?

Hawg, schedule was weak until they played Maryville. I wish they would have played, at least, one stronger team during the regular season. Maybe one of the privates out of Nashville (BA, MBA, or Ensworth). They had a really good rushing offense and a smash mouth defense. Whitehaven couldn't run on them and went down 9-0. They switched to a spread attack and came back and won. Thats what champions do. Congrats to Whitehaven for adjusting like that and winning state. 

• Like 2

I saw their stats when researching for the pick 'em. Averaging nearly twice as many yards rushing as passing. 

Maybe we (I) should have picked up on the difference in scoring between all the regular season games and then how their points production was half or less against Maryville. It was a definite warning sign. 

44 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Maybe we (I) should have picked up on the difference in scoring between all the regular season games and then how their points production was half or less against Maryville. It was a definite warning sign. 

Maryville is always a good team. Oakland was well prepared for them and it showed in a comfortable 23-7 win. I think Oakland thought it was a done deal after beating Maryville and overlooked Whitehaven. Memphis is not really a football hot bed for high school football. They usually dominate during basketball season. 

• Like 1