New Jersey government shuts down in budget standoff

TheRealCAJ

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/01/politics/nj-government-shutdown-chris-christie/index.html?sr=twpol070117nj-government-shutdown-chris-christie0816PMVODtopLink&linkId=39325526

That's a major bummer on the 4th of July...

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2017/07/what_is_opened_and_closed_in_nj_during_the_state_g.html

WHAT IS CLOSED
State parks and beaches

All state-run parks, recreational areas, forests, camping areas, historic sites, and beaches are now closed. That includes the two state beaches — Cheesequake and Island Beach — and Liberty State Park in Jersey City. Here is a full list of which parks are shuttered.

The closings come just in time for the July 4 holiday weekend. And if the shutdown lasts through Tuesday, it will include Independence Day itself. 

Christie's office said all events within the parks and sites will be canceled. But Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop said a major July 4 celebration scheduled for Liberty State Park featuring a concert by Kool & The Gang would be held at another location if the shutdown stretches on.

People who were camping overnight will be asked to leave Saturday morning by park police.

Municipal parks and beaches will remain open. And the shutdown would also not affect most local July 4 fireworks displays.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/01/christie-new-jersey-government-shutdown-240162

“It’s all going to come down to when folks get up tomorrow for the July 4thweekend and drive down to Island Beach State Park to spend the day and a sign says it’s closed,” said Patrick Murray, director of the Monmouth University Polling Institute. “They’re going to blame Gov. Christie and nobody else.”

After two terms that saw his rise to GOP superstardom derailed by Bridgegate and then a fallout with the Trump team, Christie — the least popular governor in New Jersey recorded history, with an approval rating at 15 percent — is already so politically toxic that his own lieutenant governor, Kim Guadagno, is running away from him while campaigning to succeed him.

15% xD

10 hours ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

How do feel about Cuomo and DeBlasio out of curiosity sake

Cuomo is a rising star on the Democratic side...he's working on his Presidential resume...he's done a lot of good for NY IMO...pushing big advertisments to get industries to relocate to NY with big tax breaks....investing in mirco-breweries and wineries upstate to help their economy.....he took a pie in the sky idea of "free" tutition and made it happen in NY....we have a state surplus at the moment and NY has invested a lot of money on infra-structure...NY is in good shape due to Cuomo

the right love to hate Bill (big bird) DeBlasio....why?...not to sure....other than he stopped the "stop and frisk" policy that NY cops were doing because it was ruled unconstitutional...he has no impact on my life and hasn't been in any major scandals yet....

1 hour ago, DBP66 said:

Cuomo is a rising star on the Democratic side...he's working on his Presidential resume...he's done a lot of good for NY IMO...pushing big advertisments to get industries to relocate to NY with big tax breaks....investing in mirco-breweries and wineries upstate to help their economy.....he took a pie in the sky idea of "free" tutition and made it happen in NY....we have a state surplus at the moment and NY has invested a lot of money on infra-structure...NY is in good shape due to Cuomo

the right love to hate Bill (big bird) DeBlasio....why?...not to sure....other than he stopped the "stop and frisk" policy that NY cops were doing because it was ruled unconstitutional...he has no impact on my life and hasn't been in any major scandals yet....

2 left wing hacks.

5 hours ago, DBP66 said:

Oh man....in the interest of brevity and not having the desire to argue politics let me say this; they will be my last remarks on the subject:

- Most NYs on the left think Cuomo is an opportunist.  They would be correct.  He will flip flop on any topic if it will get him more votes or more $$.  To be fair, this is not unique to him and applies to most, if not all politicians.  However, let's calm down on the hyperbole.  Most only support him due to lack of Dem opposition.  This is caused by his huge war chest + his legacy name.  He is your standard snake politician.

DeBlasio was involved in a highly publicized corruption scandal and you went out of your way to say otherwise.  That's weird on your part.  He narrowly avoided Federal Prosecution on a few technicalities and was admonished by the Court for his actions.  Please don't be disingenuous.  Most importantly, most Dems and Reps despise the guy in NYC.  He is a joke.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Oh man....in the interest of brevity and not having the desire to argue politics let me say this; they will be my last remarks on the subject:

- Most NYs on the left think Cuomo is an opportunist.  They would be correct.  He will flip flop on any topic if it will get him more votes or more $$.  To be fair, this is not unique to him and applies to most, if not all politicians.  However, let's calm down on the hyperbole.  Most only support him due to lack of Dem opposition.  This is caused by his huge war chest + his legacy name.  He is your standard snake politician.

DeBlasio was involved in a highly publicized corruption scandal and you went out of your way to say otherwise.  That's weird on your part.  He narrowly avoided Federal Prosecution on a few technicalities and was admonished by the Court for his actions.  Please don't be disingenuous.  Most importantly, most Dems and Reps despise the guy in NYC.  He is a joke.

In total agreement. 

6 hours ago, DBP66 said:

Offering tax breaks for corporations?

Corporate welfare?

4 hours ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

...to be HONEST with you I heard something about a scandal but nothing did come of it...right??....no harm, no foul....you live in Westchester right?...how does DeBlasio effect your life?....other than he's a dem.and you don't like dems...

26 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

...to be HONEST with you I heard something about a scandal but nothing did come of it...right??....no harm, no foul....you live in Westchester right?...how does DeBlasio effect your life?....other than he's a dem.and you don't like dems...

I have no problem with Dems - have voted Dem in the past, would again in a heartbeat depending on the candidate.  I don't vote along any party lines and I live in NY, etc.  if I had a strong feeling one way or the other I am in the wrong place my friend.  I work in Hells Kitchen so I am in Manhattan every day.  Pretty much nobody is happy with the Mayor, left or right.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

I have no problem with Dems - have voted Dem in the past, would again in a heartbeat depending on the candidate.  I don't vote along any party lines and I live in NY, etc.  if I had a strong feeling one way or the other I am in the wrong place my friend.  I work in Hells Kitchen so I am in Manhattan every day.  Pretty much nobody is happy with the Mayor, left or right.

NO ONE is happy with anything much these days except the 5 or 5 King Orange jesters here.

xD

William_Merritt_Chase_Keying_up.jpg

2 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

NO ONE is happy with anything much these days except the 5 or 5 King Orange jesters here.

xD

William_Merritt_Chase_Keying_up.jpg

I'm not a fan of Trump myself.  Then again I am not a fan of many politicians period.  I can count on one hand the number of politicians I have actually had / have respect for 

Illinois is trying to raise the state income tax rate from 3 3/4% to the high 4's.  I believe one of their legislative houses just approved this.  For many reading this that may sound very low (NY and CA are in the 9's, I believe) but Illinois state real estate tax is the second highest in America along with the state sales tax which is 6.25%.  Real estate tax is approximately 2.28% of a home's value (NJ is the highest) http://www.chicagomag.com/real-estate/January-2014/Illinois-Now-Has-the-Second-Highest-Property-Taxes-in-the-Nation/

5 hours ago, TheRealCAJ said:

King Orange is NOT a politician. That's why he needs SO MANY Jesters defending him daily......I just wish they could do some tricks. xD

You constantly talk about Trump, jesters, clowns, and Pee Wee Herman among many other male parts etc. Sure seems like you are hiding something in the closet.

14 hours ago, TheRealCAJ said:

King Orange is NOT a politician. That's why he needs SO MANY Jesters defending him daily......I just wish they could do some tricks. xD

No, Trump is a business man running one of the biggest business's in the world. Just cause you can't get a raise working in the mail room don't mean he is a bad business man. You actually have to have a brain and work to get a raise.