The election to end all elections

Bormio

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The democratic party has some issues that they need to work out inside their own platform before they can gain seats in a state like Georgia. The party more or less closes the door on pro-gun and pro-life candidates by keeping gun control and pro-choice pieces parcel to their platform. I'd like to see more people like Jim Barksdale run for offices, but it's tough to sell that you are a pro-gun democrat, when the party platform is consistently undermining that stance. 

Contrary to popular belief, there are a good many pro-gun, pro-life democrats... especially in Georgia, but the national platform sinks those ships before they get to float out of the harbor good. 

The democratic party brags as the "big tent" party, and ethnically and culturally they are more diverse, but until that tent opens up to being more openly supportive of "good southern democrats" it will be difficult to gain any ground in the "bible belt". 

Well, the minority ( Democrates) population is growing while whites aren't producing near the same pace. Republicans will be bred out of office. No stoping it. Minorities will vote very high % for a minority candidate so only hope Republicans have is finding a strong minority candidate or that a 3rd party emerges that will split Dem party. The latter is in the works from reports. 

2 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Hawg came - he shows up.  Don't hold your breath on the others.

I can take the L. I knew it was a pipe-dream all along. There is nothing wrong with being hopeful about picking off a seat though. 

I really had some problems with the media trying to nationalize this election, when in the end, it should be about that district, it's electorate and their issues there. The media should have had some interest in the election, because it does have some national implications, but they were trying to sell it as something it's not. Of course, I'm sure my conservative friends won't be surprised at that though.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The same place that the outrage is that outside sources and national super-pacs poured 20 million into Handel's campaign maybe? Idk. just taking a stab in the dark on that one. xD

18.2 million to be exact...compared with 7.6 million toward Ossoff. 

Ossoff'a campaign directly raised $23.6 million; compared to $4.5 million for Handel.

The democrat party won the overall spending battle pretty handily.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I can take the L. I knew it was a pipe-dream all along. There is nothing wrong with being hopeful about picking off a seat though. 

I really had some problems with the media trying to nationalize this election, when in the end, it should be about that district, it's electorate and their issues there. The media should have had some interest in the election, because it does have some national implications, but they were trying to sell it as something it's not. Of course, I'm sure my conservative friends won't be surprised at that though.

I sent $100.

Hey...that's only (4) bottles of vino.

Rufus>>

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NorCalRuss said:

Well, the minority ( Democrates) population is growing while whites aren't producing near the same pace. Republicans will be bred out of office. No stoping it. Minorities will vote very high % for a minority candidate so only hope Republicans have is finding a strong minority candidate or that a 3rd party emerges that will split Dem party. The latter is in the works from reports. 

I think both parties have some pretty strong rifts inside them. Both are struggling with moderate vs. wingnut so to speak, and it shows for the republicans in votes like the house healthcare initial vote. Then it shows in the moderate democrats squashing Bernie more or less. 

• Like 2

Just now, zulu1128 said:

18.2 million to be exact...compared with 7.6 million toward Ossoff. 

Ossoff'a campaign directly raised $23.6 million; compared to $4.5 million for Handel.

The democrat party won the overall spending battle pretty handily.

Something like 96% of the money he raised was from outside the district.  He raised 9x more money from California than Georgia. And that doesn't even take into account New York, which also blew away Georgia fund-raising.

As usual, Democrats flushing huge amounts of money down the schneid.

13 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Damn I agree again. The media coverage is such bullshit. None of these special elections mean or meant a damn thing. As long as the Dems message is we hate Trump the more they assure him of 8 yrs. if asshat would have won it wouldn't have meant a damn thing. The media wanted so bad to say America has spoke. Well they did AGAIN. They said we don't believe you. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

I love watching very unhappy old wing nuts react to winning something.......sorta like when I buy my little girl a new birthday bicycle.

Priceless. xD

download.jpeg

Then you have loved watching them win for the last 8 months. I wonder if they are getting tired of winning?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thc6795 said:

MSNBC every republican will have a better Democrat challenging them. Really where are they?

Apparently the Dems think that they will have $2 trillion to spend and all this evidence-free, anti-Trump bullshit will only gain momentum.

The delusion is utterly awe-inspiring.

Just now, TheRealCAJ said:

sooooooo, CNN is ISIS and "some lady" won a special election in GA.....xD

Wing nut will sleep good tonight.

ME too!.......always sleep good when the rain comes down.

I don't know. I think tropical storm rain is different than regular rain. -_-

I like rain as well it washes piles of dog shit from my lawn. I would think you stay out of the rain