GA HSFB Scoreboard week 4

TheMaximumHornetSting

3 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

This was the definition of an upset. Lovejoy is usually a mediocre team with their weak schedule and they just slayed a giant. They'll go back to obscurity soon. 

Well, Lovejoy is in the mediocre pack as far as rankings and whatnot but they got the dub against a very good highly regarded team and was well coached defensively. 

Match up nightmare is what I’m seeing. It happens. And I stand by my statement, 6A is stout. 

bgw

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Well, Lovejoy is in the mediocre pack as far as rankings and whatnot but they got the dub against a very good highly regarded team and was well coached defensively. 

Match up nightmare is what I’m seeing. It happens. And I stand by my statement, 6A is stout. 

bgw

6A is very stout. But don't expect Lovejoy to make a push for a state championship or something. 

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

This was the definition of an upset. Lovejoy is usually a mediocre team with their weak schedule and they just slayed a giant. They'll go back to obscurity soon. 

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

6A is very stout. But don't expect Lovejoy to make a push for a state championship or something. 

Ah Grasshopper, you have much still to learn.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Do you really think Lovejoy will be a contender this year? I mean, they beat Carver by 1. This team looks more like the "one-game stunner" like Ole Miss or something.

I've learned to not count teams out early in the season.  Lovejoy has some great athletes (they almost always do) and if they can get by some non football stuff they have the potential to be potent.  It is way too early - especially this year - to count them out with the Covid wildcard out there.  We have no idea what team might get struck down at any minute for something that is basically out of their control.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fred said:

I've learned to not count teams out early in the season.  Lovejoy has some great athletes (they almost always do) and if they can get by some non football stuff they have the potential to be potent.  It is way to early - especially this year - to count them out with the Covid wildcard out there.  We have no idea what team might get struck down at any minute for something that is basically out of their control.

I don't see how Lovejoy can get far by beating Eagle's Landing by 5 and Carver by 1. They deserved the win over NG, but I don't think they can keep it up all year.

2 hours ago, ngdawg said:

I don't see how Lovejoy can get far by beating Eagle's Landing by 5 and Carver by 1. They deserved the win over NG, but I don't think they can keep it up all year.

It doesn't matter what the score is/was.  All that matters is the W/L.  If they win 15 games by 1 point they still are the champs.  Points beyond the 1 needed to win are style points or talking points.  It could be an ugly win, it could be a run away, at the end of the game all that matters is that it is/was a win.

This is not a dig at your age.  Those of us that have been around for a while remember the days before wide open scoring.  I've seen many a 3-0, 6-3, 7-6 game and my team has been on both sides of that score.  These days with the wide open offenses and less of an emphasis on defense you don't see those scores that often and get used to wide margin scores.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

Archer made a nice welcoming sign for Del Rio and the Rams

F4CA14E4-FA2D-4D8C-A992-570381FEB113.png

Based on the score, perhaps they focused too much on del Rio and not on playing.

I know, that was the student body and not the team (I hope) but those kind of things seem to always come back to haunt you.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

They'll be the only region test yall have... 

Wayne County should be a breeze for yall... 

Ware County Defense is suspect... its young and vulnerable... 

But their Offense can score... on nearly anyone... 

Yeah Thomas Castellanos can ball. He really makes them go! Only a junior too.