OT: McGregor Mayweather 8/26 Confirmed

thc6795

26 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

I don't think Floyd ducked anyone, he may have waited to fight a few guys but that was business. I pride myself on my boxing knowledge. Ive followed for many, many years. Floyd is hands down the greatest defensive fighter there ever has been. People that call Floyd a runner don't really understand boxing. Floyd stayed in the pocket with everyone he faced, they couldn't hit him period. No one made you pay more for a miss. I think Floyd did lose the first Castillo fight but he took him to school the second time. With all that said. I hated watching Floyd fights, they were so boring. I always liked the all out wars. Even though the art of Boxing was hit without being hit. Which besides Sugar Ray Robinson no one did it better than Floyd.

What you think about Maidonna 1st fight?

Just now, 954gator said:

What you think about Maidonna 1st fight?

Maidona was bullish but he didn't win enough rounds. He fought him exactly how I would fight him. Except do more work in the clinches. You notice the second fight Floyd stayed off the ropes and the ref broke them up as soon as they clinched.

4 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Maidona was bullish but he didn't win enough rounds. He fought him exactly how I would fight him. Except do more work in the clinches. You notice the second fight Floyd stayed off the ropes and the ref broke them up as soon as they clinched.

Yeah, I guess that one is definitely debatable, but not too over the top.   The one I don't think anyone can question is Floyd vs Castillo 1.   Castillo def won that fight from what I remember, but I def need to see it again.  For those that never saw it...

Conor has a better chance than he is getting credit for. South paws have given Mayweather issues before, and McGregor has heavy hands. He will also be better conditioned from fighting MMA and still being active and 13 years younger than Floyd.

The early line is Mayweather -1100. Yall put your money on Floyd since McGregor doesn't have much of a chance.

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

That was the last great generation of boxers. The kids from the 84 Olympic Team. Also, Roy Jones from 88 and Oscar from 92, but that's the end of it.

84 had Meldrick Taylor, Sweet Pea, Breland, Holyfield, etc. Exceptional. Tyson didn't even make the team (Tyrell Biggs outpointed him; good amateur boxer with technical skills but sucked as a pro). 

Outside looking in but i can't figure out how an exceptional amateur doesn't make it as a pro.  Bad luck, not ready or any number of reasons but it doesn't seem to be skill level.  He was pretty good.  

There used to be great fights all the time and they were free.  Not anymore.  

37 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Conor has a better chance than he is getting credit for. South paws have given Mayweather issues before, and McGregor has heavy hands. He will also be better conditioned from fighting MMA and still being active and 13 years younger than Floyd.

The early line is Mayweather -1100. Yall put your money on Floyd since McGregor doesn't have much of a chance.

Only way he has a chance is if I put money on Floyd.  And I don't do the betting thing so no, he has no chance.  Its science. ?

38 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Outside looking in but i can't figure out how an exceptional amateur doesn't make it as a pro.  Bad luck, not ready or any number of reasons but it doesn't seem to be skill level.  He was pretty good.  

There used to be great fights all the time and they were free.  Not anymore.  

You don't have to have power to be a great amateur it's all about points. In the pros you better be fast as he'll have great foot work and a threat of power. Think about all the great fighters today? Besides Floyd who didn't always have pillows for hands who is a great fighter that doesn't have power ?  Maybe Rigandaux?

7 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I'll be surprised is CM isnt gassed completely by round 6.   It's different with those heavy gloves.  I woulda pushed for 8 ounces if i were him.

Floyd wd never agreed to 8oz gloves Floyd has probably demanded they wear Grant gloves which are considered more of a boxers glove. Were as Cleto Reyes gloves are a punchers glove. I also would not be surprised Floyd insisted Conner can't blow up to whatever weight he wants after the weigh in.  This is what happend when triple G fought Jacobs. Jacobs blew up 20 pounds after the weigh in. It was like a super welter fighting a light heavy. Floyd is not dumb. He demanded the same thing when he fought cowardello Alvarez he made the kid starve. 

Horrible fight. Kolvalev was dead ass tired from the middle of the second round on. I told the people watching the fight with me when the 8th started all Ward needed to do was throw punches Kolvalev had trouble standing getting off his stool. All in all this was not a good fight Ward backed up the whole fight kolvalev looked old. Kolvalev out of his mind wanting another fight

12 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

This type of shit makes me sick. People don't understand the risk these guys take every time they step in the ring regardless a square ring or octagon. There is als a boxer right now fighting for his life. Same thing bleeding on the brain.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cossacks said:

If you watch the video this was sick that it happened. Managers, promoter and most of all the ref have some responsibility. It is nearly criminal this "fight" occurred and someone is going to die as a result.

Saw it. Agree on all accounts. Shouldn't of started the second round .... 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Saw it. Agree on all accounts. Shouldn't of started the second round .... 

Yes also agree. Halfway through first round It was obvious he was outclassed, but more importantly it was apparent he wasn't able to defend himself and it was a safety issue.

* Officialy pronounced dead. Horrible.

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/06/heavyweight-tim-hague-ufc-vet-dies-knockout-loss-canada