OT: McGregor Mayweather 8/26 Confirmed

thc6795

3 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

I'd pay to see it in the Octagon, but in the boxing ring McGregor will be severely outclassed. 

UFC guys would kill Floyd in the octagon.    Mayweather is a joke to be honest.   Guy hasn't gone after a guy in his prime in ages.   He's a very good boxer, but his reputation as "the greatest" is all just genius marketing.   The masses are so easily convinced SMH.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, 954gator said:

UFC guys would kill Floyd in the octagon.    Mayweather is a joke to be honest.   Guy hasn't gone after a guy in his prime in ages.   He's a very good boxer, but his reputation as "the greatest" is all just genius marketing.   The masses are so easily convinced SMH.  

Lol... stop it

Floyd went after Pacquiao in his prime..Pacquiao just chickened out at the last minute and changed the conditions of the fight... only to agree to them after he himself got knocked out and needed the money

But aside from Pacquiao... you have Ortiz... Maidana... Guerrero... Oscar (he chased Oscar for years) ...Marquez....Canelo.... Mosely__Hatton and he fought them all AFTER convincing wins

Mayweather coming out of retirement, 40+ and a long layoff vs a 27 year old in his prime with a much bigger frame, underrated boxing skills and a huge left hand. This should be a mis-match and we'll know in the 1st round or 2 if this is a joke or not. I think McGregor has a punchers chance. Everyone slows down at some point and gets caught if they stay in the game to long. Could this be it? I'll be watching. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Warrior said:

Mayweather coming out of retirement, 40+ and a long layoff vs a 27 year old in his prime with a much bigger frame, underrated boxing skills and a huge left hand. This should be a mis-match and we'll know in the 1st round or 2 if this is a joke or not. I think McGregor has a punchers chance. Everyone slows down at some point and gets caught if they stay in the game to long. Could this be it? I'll be watching. 

This only goes as long as Mayweather wants it. Round 2 could be a stretch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

Lol... stop it

Floyd went after Pacquiao in his prime..Pacquiao just chickened out at the last minute and changed the conditions of the fight... only to agree to them after he himself got knocked out and needed the money

But aside from Pacquiao... you have Ortiz... Maidana... Guerrero... Oscar (he chased Oscar for years) ...Marquez....Canelo.... Mosely__Hatton and he fought them all AFTER convincing wins

C'mon man.    I'll give you Canelo from that list.    Mosley? Hatton?  Oscar?  Dude...

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

Imo He is the most technical and sound fighter ever.  No weaknesses except maybe lack of power but not an issue for him.  

I agree that he hasn't always fought the fights we all wished he would and when but he did beat a lot of great fighters.  Imo De la Hoya beat him even though he lost.

16 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Who didn't he fight that you think he should have?  Who is a better boxer than he is? 

When's the last time he fought a hungry young top flight fighter and not just a name brand?  

He's a great fighter, but how the hell can We truly judge his current skills?  Will this fight against McGregor tell us anything?  No.   

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

Anybody thinking Maweather loses needs to check in to the Lyme Synch center for degenerate gamblers.

If there is a knock out McGregor wins. Floyd is the greatest defensive fighter of all time. Besides Rigendaux he is also the most boring. Floyd has pillows for hands. McGregor has power in both hands and is faster then people think. That said I still don't give him a chance 

7 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

Floyd will win in KO. Connor will gas out early. Joke of a fight. 

Dude I wd bet the house this doesn't happen. Unless you are just talking a TKO where Conner is just too tired to continue? Floyd has pillows for hands he isn't hurting anyone unless they stand there like Ortiz did.

2 hours ago, thc6795 said:

Dude I wd bet the house this doesn't happen. Unless you are just talking a TKO where Conner is just too tired to continue? Floyd has pillows for hands he isn't hurting anyone unless they stand there like Ortiz did.

It's going to happen... lol. Floyd is one of the best boxers of all time. Conner is a mma fighter who gets schooled boxing with his training partners. Floyd is going to DESTROY HIM!!! Conner gets tired in all his fights if it lasts to rd 2-3.  This will be ugly...

2 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

It's going to happen... lol. Floyd is one of the best boxers of all time. Conner is a mma fighter who gets schooled boxing with his training partners. Floyd is going to DESTROY HIM!!! Conner gets tired in all his fights if it lasts to rd 2-3.  This will be ugly...

So you think Floyd knocks him out? Ill take that bet?  Not a TKO has to be a KO.