Why N Korea should be dealt with harshly

181pl

28 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

I did not mention Trump.  I mentioned Russia and the attack on our democracy.  

Russia has always spied on us. And we on them. Same with China. and many other countries. But the way barry tried to get rid of BiBi was ok in your book? 

5 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

That is just it. I can't make the point. You have to learn to understand. That is the point. 

I realize the statistical discrepancies present, trust me. I was a CJ major, and discussed each one in depth on multiple occassions. The difference is, I don't buy into this whole conspiracy bull you have presented.

These issues, albeit not a quick fix, can be solved.

For a year or so now, I have been mentoring a few minority youngsters. We meet twice a week at a neighborhood park, where we play basketball, football, or just sit and converse. Although this isn't a huge deal in the grand scheme of things. It's merely me playing a small role in hopes that I can help the African American youngsters in my community. Of everyone was willing to play a small role, then we could see more change in the aforementioned discrepancies. I hope you're actively doing your part instead of exhausting your energy playing the blame game.

So, with all do respect, stop with the "you don't understand" crap.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aZjimbo said:

Russia has always spied on us. And we on them. Same with China. and many other countries. But the way barry tried to get rid of BiBi was ok in your book? 

The hell with Bibi .  That POS.  No respect for that idiot.  It is not about being spied upon.  They did and are doing much more than that.  Have you read the intelligence report in the matter?  It goes into what they were doing.

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

The hell with Bibi .  That POS.  No respect for that idiot.  It is not about being spied upon.  They did and are doing much more than that.  Have you read the intelligence report in the matter?  It goes into what they were doing.

Sure sounds like you are anti-Semetic. 

2 hours ago, aZjimbo said:

Sure sounds like you are anti-Semetic. 

Not at all.  Just don't like underhanded, sneaky, disrespectful foreign leaders who conspire against and undermine our President and us citizens.  But not without Republican help of course.  Its bad enough Repubs treated Obama like they did for 8 years, this country didn't need any foreign help from ultra conservative Bibi.  They way he runs his country I might care about  Israel and the people more than him.  He isn't doing them any favors imo.

You a big pro Israel guy?  

12 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Not at all.  Just don't like underhanded, sneaky, disrespectful foreign leaders who conspire against and undermine our President and us citizens.  But not without Republican help of course.  Its bad enough Repubs treated Obama like they did for 8 years, this country didn't need any foreign help from ultra conservative Bibi.  They way he runs his country I might care about  Israel and the people more than him.  He isn't doing them any favors imo.

Then you should have hated President Obama

On 6/14/2017 at 1:51 PM, Sportsnut said:

Because he broke their law means I would fit in? I am law abiding everywhere. 

At least that is the N. Koreans story. Would you bet your life that he broke the law, or is there a slight possibility that the N K's just said he tore down a banner to cover their asses? What was the content of the banner, political propaganda I believe.

But you are right. He did something stupid just by going into a nation that has basically declared war on America.

Warmbier, who was detained for allegedly stealing a political propaganda poster and sentenced to 15 years of hard labor, is in a coma and has been for over a year.

Otto Frederick Warmbier (C), a University of Virginia student who was detained in North Korea since early January, is taken to North Korea's top court in Pyongyang, North Korea, in this photo released by Kyodo March 16, 2016. North Korea's supreme court sentenced American student Warmbier, who was arrested while visiting the country, to 15 years of hard labour for crimes against the state, China's Xinhua news agency reported on Wednesday. Mandatory credit REUTERS/Kyodo

On 6/14/2017 at 3:53 PM, Cossacks said:

Original premise I agree with. If you go to a foreign country obey their laws, know their laws and don't be an idiot. Hell make every wide eyed American kid watch Midnight Express before they leave. 

But this shit show rant about American prisons is retarded.

American prisons are hotels compared to foreign prisons. That is why there are less prisons. Life expectancy is short for some foreign prisons. 

Just now, Cat_Scratch said:

At least that is the N. Koreans story. Would you bet your life that he broke the law, or is there a slight possibility that the N K's just said he tore down a banner to cover their asses? What was the content of the banner, political propaganda I believe.

But you are right. He did something stupid just by going into a nation that has basically declared war on America.

Warmbier, who was detained for allegedly stealing a political propaganda poster and sentenced to 15 years of hard labor, is in a coma and has been for over a year.

Otto Frederick Warmbier (C), a University of Virginia student who was detained in North Korea since early January, is taken to North Korea's top court in Pyongyang, North Korea, in this photo released by Kyodo March 16, 2016. North Korea's supreme court sentenced American student Warmbier, who was arrested while visiting the country, to 15 years of hard labour for crimes against the state, China's Xinhua news agency reported on Wednesday. Mandatory credit REUTERS/Kyodo

There was some surveillance video of him taking the poster down. Or at least a video of someone taking a poster down. If memory serves, he even admitted to the offense while facing the court and getting sentenced.

I think the banner was a "pretty" propaganda sign that had the name Kim Jong Il on it. Kid wanted it for a souvenir. I remember watching the kid cry and the speculation was that he could be sentenced to a caning, but instead got hard labor for 15 years. 

Stupid kid! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

There was some surveillance video of him taking the poster down. Or at least a video of someone taking a poster down. If memory serves, he even admitted to the offense while facing the court and getting sentenced.

I think the banner was a "pretty" propaganda sign that had the name Kim Jong Il on it. Kid wanted it for a souvenir. I remember watching the kid cry and the speculation was that he could be sentenced to a caning, but instead got hard labor for 15 years. 

Stupid kid! 

Yes, that is what I read also, BUT is that the real story? Lots of people admit things they didn't do when under stress or certain drugs.

I would never trust the enemy of America, plain and simple.

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

Obviously we have 2 completely different points of view. If you did not see the anti Semitism from barry towards BiBi and Israel then there is no use going on any further in this discussion. We are on 2 opposite ends of the political spectrum.  

12 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Yes. The only real democracy west of Europe. Obama and Bibi had issues because Obama did not support Israel when they were constantly getting attacked by the Palis and because he was tryinig to buddy up to Iran, who has sworn to destroy Israel. 

Don't confuse my loyalities, I will always support the U.S. and our President. But I understand the angst between the two.

Also, Obama's regime did their damndest to get Bibi's opponent elected. Talk about meddling. This far surpassed the fake Russia allegations being fawned on by the abhorrent leftists.

26 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Yes. The only real democracy west of Europe. Obama and Bibi had issues because Obama did not support Israel when they were constantly getting attacked by the Palis and because he was tryinig to buddy up to Iran, who has sworn to destroy Israel. 

Don't confuse my loyalities, I will always support the U.S. and our President. But I understand the angst between the two.

Also, Obama's regime did their damndest to get Bibi's opponent elected. Talk about meddling. This far surpassed the fake Russia allegations being fawned on by the abhorrent leftists.

This is ok, we just like it done to us. Just like we are ok with illegals voting...that is as long as they are voting Democrat.  

18 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I realize the statistical discrepancies present, trust me. I was a CJ major, and discussed each one in depth on multiple occassions. The difference is, I don't buy into this whole conspiracy bull you have presented.

These issues, albeit not a quick fix, can be solved.

For a year or so now, I have been mentoring a few minority youngsters. We meet twice a week at a neighborhood park, where we play basketball, football, or just sit and converse. Although this isn't a huge deal in the grand scheme of things. It's merely me playing a small role in hopes that I can help the African American youngsters in my community. Of everyone was willing to play a small role, then we could see more change in the aforementioned discrepancies. I hope you're actively doing your part instead of exhausting your energy playing the blame game.

So, with all do respect, stop with the "you don't understand" crap.

Good job brother.  Much respect.  Your the reason progress will be made.  

11 hours ago, aZjimbo said:

Obviously we have 2 completely different points of view. If you did not see the anti Semitism from barry towards BiBi and Israel then there is no use going on any further in this discussion. We are on 2 opposite ends of the political spectrum.  

Obama As President gave more to Israel than anybody but he doesn't like the Jewish people?  Maybe he didn't like Bibi and for good reason.  

6 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Why? 

"Not at all.  Just don't like underhanded, sneaky, disrespectful foreign leaders who conspire against"   Instead of our President I will say any Foreign leader.

IMHO regardless if you like Bibi or not the President of the United States should not be meddling in any other countries elections PERIOD. Otherwise we should all be ok with Russia's meddling.  Who is to say they just didn't like Killiar?

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

No it isn't.  What did Obama do to meddle in Israel elections?  Proclaim support for a candidate? Yes.  Did he hack into their sytems and spread false news stories?  No he didn't. 

Fake allegations by the left?  Fake allegations by our 17 Intel agencies?  

Do you ever think, "What if I'm wrong and Russia did do this"?  I believe our intel.  

10 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Obama As President gave more to Israel than anybody but he doesn't like the Jewish people?  Maybe he didn't like Bibi and for good reason.  

Again it is not  Obama or any other Presidents right to decide who the leader of the Jewish or any others nations people. You are either ok with every nation meddling in elections or your not.  I cant justify being ok with one just because I don't like the candidate.