The NBA sucks play 82 and just give the ring to the Cavs

HooverOutlaw

3 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

No I said traveling was called in the 80s and 90s not every time but it sure the hell was called more then in todays game. anyway you not saying how old you are tells me you never watched MJ or any of the other greats play live in the 80's and 90's so for you to make a claim that "more physical is just a myth" is idiotic. Im out.

I watched MJ at the forum 3 times live 96-98. I'm the youngest brother. 

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

I'm 34 almost 35.

The 90s is what I grew up in. Jordan fans left and right.  Jordan commercials after every NBA break.

When you look at the NBA in the 90s, its an awful product. I'd much rather watch the Spurs with their beautiful ball movement as opposed to the Hawks or Pistons.

I agree the game is a lot more wide open and players are free to roam. I would say the game is fun to watch now because you don't have teams like the bad boys who were allowed to murder you back then.

Again I am no MJ fan. I just give the sucka his due.

2 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I watched MJ at the forum 3 times live 96-98. I'm the youngest brother. 

So do you remember any of the Piston/Celtic wars or Bucks/Celtic wars or Bulls/Pistons? Bro I am telling you those teams played to hurt you. I grew up watching Wes Unseld, Bobby Dandrige, Elvin Hayes. The Bullets were my team. The Supersonics had downtown Freddie Brown, Dennis Johnson before he played for the Celtics. Frigging Supersonics beat them 2 yrs in a row. Killed me.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

What dominant centers? 

Laimbeer wasn't dominant, he was dirty.  

Moses Malone

Parish

Olajuwon

Sampson

Ewing (Laughable if anyone says he was dominant)

Kareem (LMAO if anyone really thinks Bron is gonna get bullied when he's full speed ahead by Kareem)

Who else?  Eaton? 

Kareem could be nasty. And he was almost 7'3 and athletic with long arms. Kareem would have just blocked the lay up attempts. Moses Malone, Laimbeer, Mahorn, Akeem, Shaq, McHale, Parrish, etc. would send LeBron to the foul line harder each time until he go sick of playing in the paint or until he was hurt. And don't dis Pat Ewing. One of the great shot blockers in NCAA history. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

So why have the amount of foul calls per game stayed the same(average wise)? 

Calling different fouls I guess.  They do tweak the way they have officials officiating the game.  Every year they review possible changes.  Some get changed and others dont.  Every sport does this.  As an example --Maybe the current way they officiate started because of Shaq and the shaqahack thing or whatever It was called when he would get mauled so he had to shoot FT.  Completely changed the game.

30 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

So do you remember any of the Piston/Celtic wars or Bucks/Celtic wars or Bulls/Pistons? Bro I am telling you those teams played to hurt you. I grew up watching Wes Unseld, Bobby Dandrige, Elvin Hayes. The Bullets were my team. The Supersonics had downtown Freddie Brown, Dennis Johnson before he played for the Celtics. Frigging Supersonics beat them 2 yrs in a row. Killed me.

I think people confuse a series with a scuffle or hate for another team (Heat - Knicks in the 90s) with physical basketball.

The 2004 Pistons, the recent Celtic and Pacer teams are as physical as any team post 1979.

3 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I think people confuse a series with a scuffle or hate for another team (Heat - Knicks in the 90s) with physical basketball.

The 2004 Pistons, the recent Celtic and Pacer teams are as physical as any team post 1979.

Bro go back and watch any Celtic/Hawks playoff game and tell me those games were not physical. Watch Lakers/Celtics and tell me those games were not physical. McHale clotheslined Rambis and was not given a T for Christ sake. Sorry bro we just wont ever agree.  

45 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Kareem could be nasty. And he was almost 7'3 and athletic with long arms. Kareem would have just blocked the lay up attempts. Moses Malone, Laimbeer, Mahorn, Akeem, Shaq, McHale, Parrish, etc. would send LeBron to the foul line harder each time until he go sick of playing in the paint or until he was hurt. And don't dis Pat Ewing. One of the great shot blockers in NCAA history. 

Smaller and less physical guys then Bron survived these mythological monsters of yours,  but Bron would just get swatted and hurt

6 hours ago, 181pl said:

Yes. They were good ball players. And Edwards was decent. You just can't replace that big presence in the middle.

Do you really think LameBron would have walked in for 6 or 7 straight uncontested lay-ups towards the end of game 5 if there was a "presence" in the paint? Hell no. Because Laimbeer or Mahorn (and about 50 other dominant centers) would have sent him flying in the other direction. He might get them in foul trouble. Then again he might end up with a broken leg, ankle, or wrist from the fall he was going to take. 

Those layups were uncontested because the game was out of reach, and there was no reason to risk fouling him and giving up extra points with the clock stopped.

5 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

bro you're making my point for me.  Anyway...who you taking in the fight?

Bron in the 80s and 90s would live at the rim. Think of not being able to double him or impede his progress at the free throw line.  He'd have full speed to the rim against anyone,  at that point I'm taking him 100 percent of the time

• Like 2

4 hours ago, thc6795 said:

I wish it was 2 years in a row but was just '79 -- I was 14, had just moved to Seattle and went to parade

Gus Williams was the #1 guard, DJ #2, Freddie was instant offense off the bench, jack Sikma was center and forwards were JOHN Johnson and Paul Silas 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Pops said:

I wish it was 2 years in a row but was just '79 -- I was 14, had just moved to Seattle and went to parade

Gus Williams was the #1 guard, DJ #2, Freddie was instant offense off the bench, jack Sikma was center and forwards were JOHN Johnson and Paul Silas 

I do remember that team pretty well. Just post Slick Watts and the headband if I recall.