The NBA sucks play 82 and just give the ring to the Cavs

HooverOutlaw

5 hours ago, nptb17 said:

Game 5 was one the best championship games I've seen in a while.  Curry got the one call.  Durant was just a baseline out of bounds.  Also there is no way that Jimmy Butler or Rashad Lewis, Baron Davis and many others on that list are HOF before Rajon Rondo.  Once playoffs start Rondo becomes a top 5 player in the league and those are facts.  I'll throw a rock at anyone who disagrees.

:D

54 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Dude they only had 2 refs back then and no instant replay. Today your free to run anywhere you wanted. Lets put Glove Payton with his hand checking on Curry and see how many he scores a game. Or Billups or Jordan or Pippen

They had two refs in the 70s not the time frame you speak of

1978-79

• Number of referees officiating game increased from two to three.

Hand checking isn't a big deal if you can't impede the players movement,  which wasn't allowed after the 70s

3 hours ago, 181pl said:

Yes. They were good ball players. And Edwards was decent. You just can't replace that big presence in the middle.

Do you really think LameBron would have walked in for 6 or 7 straight uncontested lay-ups towards the end of game 5 if there was a "presence" in the paint? Hell no. Because Laimbeer or Mahorn (and about 50 other dominant centers) would have sent him flying in the other direction. He might get them in foul trouble. Then again he might end up with a broken leg, ankle, or wrist from the fall he was going to take. 

What dominant centers? 

Laimbeer wasn't dominant, he was dirty.  

Moses Malone

Parish

Olajuwon

Sampson

Ewing (Laughable if anyone says he was dominant)

Kareem (LMAO if anyone really thinks Bron is gonna get bullied when he's full speed ahead by Kareem)

Who else?  Eaton? 

2 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Myth?  I don't have an agenda in wanting people to believe anything.  Its just what I saw.  It was officiated different.  Defense and lower scoring games.  You can have Jordan highlights and make people driving the lane pay a price at the same time.  Not exclusive.  

So why have the amount of foul calls per game stayed the same(average wise)? 

3 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Defense and lower scoring games.  You can have Jordan highlights and make people driving the lane pay a price at the same time.  Not exclusive.  

Lower scoring games because of the stagnant offenses (Like running the ball every play and pointing to lower scored games.)  There was no ball movement,  it was iso ball.  

2 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Isaiah Thomas

Dominique Wilkins

Dr J

Michael Jordan

All guys who made a career on going to the hoop, but Bron and the current elite players who are much bigger,  stronger,  and just as fast as any of them would be hurt. Makes tons of sense. 

Who are these bigger players beside James with elite skills driving to the hoop? Leonard, James and who?

I don't believe anyone said James would not have been elite if he played back then. I question his durability if he played back then. Shit he has to take games off now and is never touched.

How old are you Steeler?

2 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Lower scoring games because of the stagnant offenses (Like running the ball every play and pointing to lower scored games.)  There was no ball movement,  it was iso ball.  

have you not heard of the triangle offense? It was anything but iso ball.

Just now, steeler01 said:

The NBA has never called traveling.  I'll pull up lay ups/Dunks from Jordan, Nique, Barkley etc where they're taking 4 steps routinely

Your out of your mind. in the 80's and 90's you couldn't fall to the ground with it not being called a travel. Now you can roll around and call a timeout. James travels on EVERY play by definition of the rule.

Just now, thc6795 said:

Who are these bigger players beside James with elite skills driving to the hoop? Leonard, James and who?

I don't believe anyone said James would not have been elite if he played back then. I question his durability if he played back then. Shit he has to take games off now and is never touched.

How old are you Steeler?

All of these players would do fine in any era

Mcgrady

Wade

Bron

George

Melo

Westbrook

Leonard

Durant

Bryant (prime mid to late 00s)

Butler

You do understand the pace of the game is much faster now as compared to before right?  Iso ball no longer exists for 48 minutes

6 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

All of these players would do fine in any era

Mcgrady

Wade

Bron

George

Melo

Westbrook

Leonard

Durant

Bryant (prime mid to late 00s)

Butler

You do understand the pace of the game is much faster now as compared to before right?  Iso ball no longer exists for 48 minutes

Mcgrady was not a drive to the hoop player

Melo also soft

Butler give me a frigging break.

Iso ball still exists, maybe not 48 mins a game but when teams cavs especially get into trouble what do they do? ISO BALL

3 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Here's the difference,  you claimed travels were always called.   I said they've never been called

No I said traveling was called in the 80s and 90s not every time but it sure the hell was called more then in todays game. anyway you not saying how old you are tells me you never watched MJ or any of the other greats play live in the 80's and 90's so for you to make a claim that "more physical is just a myth" is idiotic. Im out.

14 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

How old are you? Ill continue this discussion if you played any type of ball during the 70's 80's or 90's if not it is a waste of time. If you played back then you would no how much more physical it was.

I'm 34 almost 35.

The 90s is what I grew up in. Jordan fans left and right.  Jordan commercials after every NBA break.

When you look at the NBA in the 90s, its an awful product. I'd much rather watch the Spurs with their beautiful ball movement as opposed to the Hawks or Pistons.