The NBA sucks play 82 and just give the ring to the Cavs

HooverOutlaw

I don't think it is fair to compare. I don't think James would have the longevity playing when Jordan played. His body would not have lasted. They let you get beat the hell up back then.  I also think that the way you cant touch a player today Jordan would have been stoppable, he might have averaged 40 ppg

Don't forget abt the 30 for 30 tonight. Lakers/Celtics.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

I don't think it is fair to compare. I don't think James would have the longevity playing when Jordan played. His body would not have lasted. They let you get beat the hell up back then.  I also think that the way you cant touch a player today Jordan would have been stoppable, he might have averaged 40 ppg

Don't forget abt the 30 for 30 tonight. Lakers/Celtics.

I think people seem to exaggerate the past(Especially the time you grow up in). The 90's was the worst brand of basketball in NBA modern history. Iso basketball, where guys had to play one on one or double hard. There was no guy allowed to roam around and defend the lane. Actually watch games from the past, and don't go by what people now a days are saying about the games of the past. It's not physical at all. Please don't bring up Laimbeer, cause that's similar to bringing up a single player from now a days. 

There was touch fouls everywhere in the 90's, there was just no internet forums during that time.

28 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Everything leaves a legacy to reasonable people, not fan boys

But you are the one who pointed out the number of HOF's they faced in the finals. You didn't say who faced more HOF's on opening night or game 57 of he regular season. Because no one cares! It's what you do in the big games is the point and the goal. Ask any NBA player and I bet their goal is to win an MBA title...it's what matters most.

3 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Watch the 30440 tonight and tell me they were not physical

I've watched the actual games.

This physical stuff is created by older people of that generation. Similar to music. How many people in their 30's and 40's thought NWA was great music in the 80's? You would of heard, this is crappy music, in my time music meant something yada yada yada, but now it's glorified and the music of now stinks. It's a cycle. 

6 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

But you are the one who pointed out the number of HOF's they faced in the finals. You didn't say who faced more HOF's on opening night or game 57 of he regular season. Because no one cares! It's what you do in the big games is the point and the goal. Ask any NBA player and I bet their goal is to win an MBA title...it's what matters most.

I bring it up to bring context into discussions.Saying one is 6-0 and the other is 3-5 without digging deeper is lazy. Bron just averaged a triple double and they lost. What more could he have done?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I bring it up to bring context into discussions.Saying one is 6-0 and the other is 3-5 without digging deeper is lazy. Bron just averaged a triple double and they lost. What more could he have done?

You could dig deeper and deeper or I could and it would support your view or my view, it's all subjective.

25 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

There were some very physical teams Steeler. Knicks and Pistons style couldn't happen nowadays. I watched every game in that era. 

Dude the bucks and the bullets back then or the Andrew Tony 76ers man I watched ball wen it was tape delayed after the news. The holding the grabbing then hand checking. Not physical back then my ass

46 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

There were some very physical teams Steeler. Knicks and Pistons style couldn't happen nowadays. I watched every game in that era. 

Those teams weren't physical  defensively, the difference is what is considered a flagrant now and back then.   Which is mistaken for physical.  The 70s was tough physical defense nothing afterwards.

37 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Dude the bucks and the bullets back then or the Andrew Tony 76ers man I watched ball wen it was tape delayed after the news. The holding the grabbing then hand checking. Not physical back then my ass

The hand checking was barely allowed.  Go  watch a 70s game and then an 80s game.  Night and day

30 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

The hand checking was barely allowed.  Go  watch a 70s game and then an 80s game.  Night and day

1978-79

• Number of referees officiating game increased from two to three.

• Rolling the ball on the floor from out of bounds now allowed; penalty of loss of possession eliminated.

• Technical foul imposed on team instead of warning for first illegal defense and two technical fouls imposed for second and all subsequent violations. Illegal defense rules modified.

• Clarification added instructing players and coaches to proceed directly to dressing rooms, without pause or delay, following halftime. Previous rule only stated at conclusion of game.

Clarification added to prohibit hand-checking through “rigid enforcement” of rule allowing a defensive player to retain contact with his opponent so long as he does not impede his opponent’s progress

2 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Imo the 80s and 90s were much more physical esp. in playoffs.  It was expected that you are getting hit if you go for a layup.  These last playoff games I lost count of the layups.  

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Imo the 80s and 90s were much more physical esp. in playoffs.  It was expected that you are getting hit if you go for a layup.  These last playoff games I lost count of the layups.  

That's the myth that people that grew up in the 80's and 90's want people to believe.  That's not reality though. You wouldn't have Dr. J, Dominique Wilkins,  Jordan etc driving in and having those highlights if it was reality

Game 5 was just a shitshow to watch with the fouls. It was insane. How many times do they call a foul when hands just brushed against each other. Or how about the Bullshit calls where Curry or Durant or others are jumping completely to the side  into defenders just to get free throws. Completely embarrassing. 

Pretending the 80's 90s defense wasn't far more physical is a fantasy.

Was just watching old games with the Knicks and Pistons  on youtube and thought the defensive difference was night and day.

14 hours ago, thc6795 said:

God seriously Steeler? Have you looked at this list they are calling hall of famers? The first 20 they are calling locks? Seriously? GTFOH. Ill give you 1,2,7?, 37,15,16. Butler, Jefferson,Horford Lewis Davis West OMG get out of here with this shit.

1. Chauncey Billups
  2. Paul Pierce
  3. Kevin Garnett
  4. Ray Allen
  5. Caron Butler
  6. Vince Carter
  7. Jason Kidd
  8. Richard Jefferson
  9. Al Horford
  10. Joe Johnson
  11. Dwight Howard
  12. Rishard Lewis
  13. Andre Iguodala
  14. Jermaine O’Neal
  15. Shaquille O’Neal
  16. Carmelo Anthony
  17. Baron Davis
  18. David West
  19. Paul Milsap
  20. Pau Gasol
  21. Potential Hall of Famers:
  22. 21. Ben Wallace
    22. Rasheed Wallace
    23. Richard Hamilton
    24. Tayshaun Prince
    25. Rajon Rondo
    26. Carlos Boozer
    27. Antawn Jamison
    28. Marcin Gortat
    29. Derrick Rose
    30. Jimmy Butler
    31. Tyson Chandler
    32. Amar’e Stoudemire
    33. Paul George
    34. Kemba Walker
    35. Brook Lopez
    36. Isaiah Thomas
    37. Kyle Lowry
    38. DeMar DeRozan
    39. Serge Ibaka
    40. John Wall (If Washington Wins)
    41. Avery Bradley

Notable Players: Andre Drummond, JJ Reddick, Jeff Teague< Dennis Schroder, Monta Ellis, Shaun Livingston, P.J Brown, Mike Bibby, Josh Smith, Rafer Alston, Carlos Boozer, Gilbert Arenas, Kyle Korver, Danny Granger, Leandro barbosa, George Hill, Myles Turner, Antonio McDyess…

Rajon Rondo is going to the Hall of Fame playa.  Amar'e Stoudemire is a lock.  Rasheed Wallace is a lock.

14 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Duncan 3x

Parker 3x

Kawhi 2x

Ginoboli 3x

Harden

Durant 2x

Westbrook

Nowitzski

Kidd

Steph 3x

Klay 3x

Draymond 3x

It's 26.

Jordan faced a ton of teams with one or two hall of famers at most on teams to reach the finals. 

The best teams Jordan faced to reach the finals the Knicks had one HOF(The Magic had 1 and Penny should be a HOF with 2. The Bulls with 2 HOF lost to the Magic then picked up another HOF in Rodman in 96 and beat the Magic). 

James faced the Celtics with 3 HOF, the Magic, the Pistons, the Bulls, the Pacers(Similar to the Knicks of the 90's at the very least)

Thomas

Ewing

Alonzo Mourning

Shaq 

Reggie Miller

Dumars

Rodman

Rondo is going to the HOF.

6 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

Game 5 was just a shitshow to watch with the fouls. It was insane. How many times do they call a foul when hands just brushed against each other. Or how about the Bullshit calls where Curry or Durant or others are jumping completely to the side  into defenders just to get free throws. Completely embarrassing. 

Pretending the 80's 90s defense wasn't far more physical is a fantasy.

Was just watching old games with the Knicks and Pistons  on youtube and thought the defensive difference was night and day.

Game 5 was one the best championship games I've seen in a while.  Curry got the one call.  Durant was just a baseline out of bounds.  Also there is no way that Jimmy Butler or Rashad Lewis, Baron Davis and many others on that list are HOF before Rajon Rondo.  Once playoffs start Rondo becomes a top 5 player in the league and those are facts.  I'll throw a rock at anyone who disagrees.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Rajon Rondo is going to the Hall of Fame playa.  Amar'e Stoudemire is a lock.  Rasheed Wallace is a lock.

Bro this is not my list. I copied it from the article that said James had played against more hall of famers than MJ did. I think this list is a joke for the most part.

20 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

You remember Bill Lambier or Rick MaHorne?

Yes. They were good ball players. And Edwards was decent. You just can't replace that big presence in the middle.

Do you really think LameBron would have walked in for 6 or 7 straight uncontested lay-ups towards the end of game 5 if there was a "presence" in the paint? Hell no. Because Laimbeer or Mahorn (and about 50 other dominant centers) would have sent him flying in the other direction. He might get them in foul trouble. Then again he might end up with a broken leg, ankle, or wrist from the fall he was going to take. 

11 hours ago, steeler01 said:

That's the myth that people that grew up in the 80's and 90's want people to believe.  That's not reality though. You wouldn't have Dr. J, Dominique Wilkins,  Jordan etc driving in and having those highlights if it was reality

Myth?  I don't have an agenda in wanting people to believe anything.  Its just what I saw.  It was officiated different.  Defense and lower scoring games.  You can have Jordan highlights and make people driving the lane pay a price at the same time.  Not exclusive.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nptb17 said:

Game 5 was one the best championship games I've seen in a while.  Curry got the one call.  Durant was just a baseline out of bounds.  Also there is no way that Jimmy Butler or Rashad Lewis, Baron Davis and many others on that list are HOF before Rajon Rondo.  Once playoffs start Rondo becomes a top 5 player in the league and those are facts.  I'll throw a rock at anyone who disagrees.

Lol @ throwing a rock.  Classic

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

Myth?  I don't have an agenda in wanting people to believe anything.  Its just what I saw.  It was officiated different.  Defense and lower scoring games.  You can have Jordan highlights and make people driving the lane pay a price at the same time.  Not exclusive.  

Dude they only had 2 refs back then and no instant replay. Today your free to run anywhere you wanted. Lets put Glove Payton with his hand checking on Curry and see how many he scores a game. Or Billups or Jordan or Pippen