CNN Panel Reaction to Trump's Bizarre Cabinet Meeting

TheRealCAJ

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm being serious here... What law did he break? If he did incriminate himself, why is he not jailed already? I'm pretty sure he didn't leak classified info by leaking his memo out so he can't be prosecuted for that under the espionage act or prosecuted for illegally transferring valuable property. 

I can see where there could be an argument that, perhaps he leaked other information than the memo, but him admitting leaking his own memo is probably not illegal without the president first declaring executive privilege. The president can use executive privilege as a defense mechanism, but not an attack mechanism after something has been "leaked" or released.

That leads me to the weird stuff where guys won't speak on stuff that the president told them or conversations they had that he hasn't declared privileged yet. Their defense for that is, we are allowing him the "courtesy" or opportunity to do so at a time of his choosing. The reason why... because of what I just said. He can invoke executive privilege as a defense mechanism, but if he hasn't yet, and the cat gets out of the bag, he never can as it pertains to that thread of conversation. 

The difference in that, is that some of those guys kissed his ring and Comey didn't, so Comey didn't care to help cover or give courtesy to the president as Sessions did today or the other guys before him the other day. They don't technically owe him that courtesy, they just choose to give it. 

Of course, to me, it looks like they are trying to help keep something under wraps that could be damaging, but I know for others it would seem perfectly alright that his cabinet all slathered him with praise and loyalty. That is what it is. 

Don't remember anyone on left complaining when members of Obama team claimed 5th and Hillarys team took care of evidence and refused to talk and was granted immunity. If this was Trumps issues you all would be losing it even more. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

People are quiet about it really. During the run up to the election everyone was about to come to blows over it, but now, other than the stickers on cars, not much talk. 

I toss some ribbing at people that I know  can take it, that I know supported Trump though. 

In general those folks kinda just shake their heads and take it in stride. Of course we all rib each other a lot on stuff like that though. Generally speaking things aren't as scary as they once were here. My county was one of the reddest in the state btw.

That sounds very civil.  Look out! ? People here at first were cautious about talking for fear of starting a argument or whatever but now are mainly tired of the whole thing.  The people I know that voted Trump (don't personally know any Trump supporters in my county) are pretty defensive and touchy.   Most Republicans here are more traditional and moderate. Imo. 

7 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

Don't remember anyone on left complaining when members of Obama team claimed 5th and Hillarys team took care of evidence and refused to talk and was granted immunity. If this was Trumps issues you all would be losing it even more. 

3 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

He has redneck Jeff Sessions, but Sessions "doesn't recall" who is friends are.....xD

I don't recall, Don't remember...

That's the big theme right?

NorCalRuss could work for the president it seems. No need to invoke the fifth when you just can't recall. xD

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

NorCalRuss could work for the president it seems. No need to invoke the fifth when you just can't recall. xD

Sessions, used "I don't recall" nearly 30 times yesterday as reported by the Rolling Stone...

I saw the first 15 or so times he used "don't recall" then turned that BS off......

Sessions, didn't remember shit. Total waste of time and money. Sessions, has serious selective memory issues...

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Why don't you take a look how many times Killiar and her cronies said the same thing, you all act like this is the first time it hs ever happened.  Oh I forgot you find it acceptable as long as it doesn't involve President Trump.

This was ok right fellas?

Hillary Clinton said under oath in a court filing Thursday that she can’t recall key details about her use of a private email server or she refused to answer questions about it posed by a conservative legal group.

Clinton lawyer David Kendall provided the Democratic presidential nominee’s sworn responses to 25 written questions submitted by Judicial Watch. The group has filed multiple lawsuits seeking copies of government documents from Clinton’s tenure as secretary of state.

Clinton’s answers provided no new information. In her responses, Clinton used some variation of “does not recall” at least 21 times

How many times did Hillary answer 'I don't recall' under oath

Here you go boys, here is Killiars attorney saying I don't recall 189 times.

189 Times In 7 Hours: Cheryl Mills Did Not Know or Did Not ...

3 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Why don't you take a look how many times Killiar and her cronies said the same thing, you all act like this is the first time it hs ever happened.  Oh I forgot you find it acceptable as long as it doesn't involve President Trump.

The point is, Hillary is not the current president. Let's deal with what we got on the table right now. 

I'm pretty durn certain that if it was Hillary as the president right now we'd be going through similar crap. She's not, he is, sooo... 

Lol

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The point is, Hillary is not the current president. Let's deal with what we got on the table right now. 

I'm pretty durn certain that if it was Hillary as the president right now we'd be going through similar crap. She's not, he is, sooo... 

Lol

President Trump has not been found guilty of doing anything.

As for Clinton I don't recall your uproar last yr when she was running for President?

36 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The point is, "I don't recall" has been go-to congressional/judicial testimony by both parties since the dawn of time. Getting clenched over it really isn't going to change anything.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

He also said why he was saying that. He made it clear that if he said no and there was a passing by or a brief hi some time in past he didn't remember because there were hundreds of hi's they would accuse him of lying. 

Why didn't you make a similar post when Hillary's-Obamas peeps pleaded 5th, destroyed evidence? 

I have zero problem telling Trump to fck himself if there's ever evidence he colluded. 

14 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

-Obamas peeps pleaded 5th, destroyed evidence? 

I have zero problem telling Trump to fck himself if there's ever evidence he colluded. 

Your boy didn't have the guts to take the 5th.....grow up!!!

and, You don't have the guts to call King Orange anything, believe that!

30 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

He also said why he was saying that. He made it clear that if he said no and there was a passing by or a brief hi some time in past he didn't remember because there were hundreds of hi's they would accuse him of lying. 

Why didn't you make a similar post when Hillary's-Obamas peeps pleaded 5th, destroyed evidence? 

Please don't reply to that pile of shit racist Cajun. The bitch could die in 1 min and would not be missed.

23 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Except in the court of public opinion. When the truth is a lie and you report it as a truth, you lie. 

Show me where you can be convicted by the court of public opinion please. BTW not all the public shares your opinion. I know they are all wrong.

43 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

It is called impeachment. 

YOU KNOW THEY ARE ALL WRONG? 

That too sounds like someone else we know, i.e, "I alone can fix it", "I know more than the Generals do about ISIS", "I know how to close the deal" 

How much would you like to wager President Trump in not impeached? BTW you cant be impeached for public opinion. In fact you cant be convicted of any crime because of public opinion.

23 hours ago, concha said:

How are the nightmares now that all the left-wing bullshit is face planting in epic fashion?

Sleeping better are we?

Perhaps crying in the pillow in disappointment?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/special-counsel-is-investigating-trump-for-possible-obstruction-of-justice/2017/06/14/9ce02506-5131-11e7-b064-828ba60fbb98_story.html?tid=pm_pop&utm_term=.d5b1966ad1c7

Trump IS under investigation by Mueller for possible obstruction of justice.  Breaking news and headline in Washington Post this evening.

Just now, BigDrop said:

You mean by the guy who has a personal relationship with Comey and should by law either recuse himself or be removed?

The guy whose first four hires to do the investigation were Democrats? One of whom worked for the CLINTON FOUNDATION?

Want to make a bet on how this one turns out?  xD

40 minutes ago, concha said:

You mean by the guy who has a personal relationship with Comey and should by law either recuse himself or be removed?

The guy whose first four hires to do the investigation were Democrats? One of whom worked for the CLINTON FOUNDATION?

Want to make a bet on how this one turns out?  xD

Mueller is a combat veteran and former Marine who served n Vietnam.  He was also interviewed by Trump a day before being announced as Special Counsel. In twelve years of heading the FBI his record is beyond reproach. And, there is the now investigation of the Trump organization and possible Russian money laundering.  It is this last one that may be the one that sticks.

And, by the way, Trump was once a Democrat.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

Mueller is a combat veteran and former Marine who served n Vietnam.  He was also interviewed by Trump a day before being announced as Special Counsel. In twelve years of heading the FBI his record is beyond reproach. And, there is the now investigation of the Trump organization and possible Russian money laundering.  It is this last one that may be the one that sticks.

And, by the way, Trump was once a Democrat.

I hope this one does stick I don't think you can take much more defeats

• Like 1

This has received very little publicity today but it is truly significant:  the Senate voted 97-2 to cut Trump's power to ease Russia sanctions.  One of the theories is that Kushner has a failing building in Manhattan and needs a Russian bank (same that financed Trump's beauty pageant in Russia in 2013) to bail him out.  The bank cannot loan money in the U. S. because of the Russian sanctions.  Money laundering factors in here, too.

Now, as an aside:  Sessions, our Attorney General, was asked several times yesterday what we were doing about possible Russia going after our power grid or compromising our (for lack of a better expression) I. T. ability/defense.  His answer was not enough.  Trump doesn't even talk about this.  I find this frightening.