Warner Robins - 25, Valdosta - 28 FINAL

ngdawg

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

It doesn’t matter about Calif.  This is a Ga only ranking and Valdosta was not listed in the Top 35.

Their Calif QB with 2 weeks of practice rallied an end krankes real to knock off a #7 GA powerhouse. 

You guys need to give sunshine his due 

Disappointed with Garcia's performance. He definitely did not live up to the hype. Almost every one of Valdosta's scores was due to a Warner Robins mistake.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

ATLien just disregarded them as some random 3A team or something. And yes, I do believe they belong within the top 10 in the state.

I feel as if you don’t understand the amount of high school football in Georgia I watch to think I’m clueless on any ranked team. I’m well aware of Cedar Grove. They are not a top 10 in Georgia. They can barely throw a forward pass. They’ve played two 7A teams the last two years and got their ass kicked both times. You can rank them wherever you want, you’ll just be wrong 

• Like 1

Just now, ATLien12x said:

I feel as if you don’t understand the amount of high school football in Georgia I watch. I’m well aware of Cedar Grove. They are not a top 10 in Georgia. They can barely throw a forward pass. They’ve played two 7A teams the last two years and got their ass kicked both times. You can rank them wherever you want, you’ll just be wrong 

Cedar Grove lost to Central (AL) by 4 last year. Sure, they lost by 3 scores to McEachern, but that McEachern team went 12-0 before losing to North Gwinnett. They picked apart every team on their schedule from there on, including Peach County (a team that scored 68+ points in three wins). And this year, they are projected to be better. Top 10 is suitable for them.

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

LOL.  I'll bet the good ole boys were yucking it up in the stands.  "We gonna show that that boy how Ga defenses hit.  Not like those soft Calif teams hes used to".

That could end up being true if Garcia can't step up the level of his play in the future. I'm not writing off those comments completely.

6 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Disappointed with Garcia's performance. He definitely did not live up to the hype. Almost every one of Valdosta's scores was due to a Warner Robins mistake.

Sorry he disappointed you after 2 weeks of practice with a new team.  Prolly only learned 4 plays.  Fact is, Valdosta is not winning this game with out sunshine.

Just now, FootballGuy said:

So y'all... time to play the classic "Did they win it or did they lose it" game. 

So taking everything into consideration, did Valdosta WIN the just or did Warner Robins LOSE  it? Let's try to be objective.

For me, Warner Robins lost that game. They made several key mistakes, which allowed Valdosta to come back and take the lead. Credit must be given to Valdosta's defense, but I really think Warner Robins shot themselves in the foot from the start of the second half. 

Just now, FootballGuy said:

So y'all... time to play the classic "Did they win it or did they lose it" game. 

So taking everything into consideration, did Valdosta WIN the just or did Warner Robins LOSE  it? Let's try to be objective.

Just from what I was following along it was a mix of both 

Valdosta seemed to be finding any way to lose most of the game and Warner Robins had their chance to finish them off and didn't pull the trigger and allowed Valdosta to stumble onto a win 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Sorry he disappointed you after 2 weeks of practice with a new team.  Prolly only learned 4 plays.  Fact is, Valdosta is not winning this game with out sunshine.

I disagree with that. Garcia had his good moments, but I wouldn't have been upset had the other QB played instead.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

For me, Warner Robins lost that game. They made several key mistakes, which allowed Valdosta to come back and take the lead. Credit must be given to Valdosta's defense, but I really think Warner Robins shot themselves in the foot from the start of the second half. 

I think they left....5 points on the field (2 missed PATs and a chip shot field goal)

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

That could end up being true if Garcia can't step up the level of his play in the future. I'm not writing off those comments completely.

You have been around high school football long enough to drink a cup coffee. The California kid gutted it out after a rough start to win the game. Playing qb is a lot tougher than blowing tuba.   This is why some people are band kids and some are football players.

If a band kid misses a note it does lose the game a qb throws a pick 6 it can. 

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

LOL.  Not bringing your "A" game with evaluations yet senor'.  Or is the "transfer" status affecting your grade?

What does transfer status have to do with my evaluation? I had Morrissette the best performance of the Georgia season so far. Idk where he came from originally but he went from SFA to Brookwood this year. 

14 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

I feel as if you don’t understand the amount of high school football in Georgia I watch to think I’m clueless on any ranked team. I’m well aware of Cedar Grove. They are not a top 10 in Georgia. They can barely throw a forward pass. They’ve played two 7A teams the last two years and got their ass kicked both times. You can rank them wherever you want, you’ll just be wrong 

They barely had the funds to play this year

2 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I think they left....5 points on the field (2 missed PATs and a chip shot field goal)

Those 5 points could have won them the game. Let's not forget the second half kickoff gaffe, the lack of defense that allowed one of two Valdosta receivers in the area to catch the pass and run it in, and the WR cornerback who literally got spun around because he didn't know where the ball was in the air.

7 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Just from what I was following along it was a mix of both 

Valdosta seemed to be finding any way to lose most of the game and Warner Robins had their chance to finish them off and didn't pull the trigger and allowed Valdosta to stumble onto a win 

This has been Warner Robins' problem the past few years....especially in state title games: the CANNOT FINISH. If it's a close game, they always find a way to lose after having ample amount of opportunities to close it out. But I'm still proud of Valdosta. I expected a sloppy game for the most part. 

• Like 2