Enthusiasm Gap & Secret Voters?

concha

1 hour ago, DownSouth said:

Why would there be any reason to wear an anti BLM patch (or whatever) to your job?

Any corporation that is built around professional behavior wouldn't allow any political statements in terms of dress code or belongings in your office anyway.

I don't to see your MAGA hat while you're presenting new investment strategies to me, and nobody wants to see a Don't Tread on Me flag hanging behind the front desk person at the Four Seasons. - For the record I don't want to see any "left" causes being represented in professional environments either.

Sounds like a bunch of complaining over nothing.

Probably shouldn't be any politically charged logos etc.

on sports fields and uniforms etc.....

You make a good case for corporations and businesses not getting "involved"

as being  MORE PROFESSIONAL...

👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rockinl said:

No. Scared of lawsuits and boycotts? Absolutely. I know for a fact that the corporation I work for would never allow an anti BLM sticker/flag, shirt, etc...

It's already been tried, and was shutdown immediately with threat of termination.

Why would there be any reason to wear an anti BLM patch (or whatever) to your job?

Any corporation that is built around professional behavior wouldn't allow any political statements in terms of dress code or belongings in your office anyway.

I don't to see your MAGA hat while you're presenting new investment strategies to me, and nobody wants to see a Don't Tread on Me flag hanging behind the front desk person at the Four Seasons. - For the record I don't want to see any "left" causes being represented in professional environments either.

Sounds like a bunch of complaining over nothing.

Exactly. Companies aren't apt to allow anti-Trump stickers or shirts any more than they are anti-BLM items. Perhaps some companies allow anti-something or another things, but can't imagine those worth their salt would allow it one way or another.

You've hit on something important.

There's no bias against conservatives in social media/human resources/etc.

It's just that conservative causes and movements happen to be the ones that are dickish, exclusive and lack empathy.

These platforms don't want to be a part of any of that.

6 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Exactly. Companies aren't apt to allow anti-Trump stickers or shirts any more than they are anti-BLM items. Perhaps some companies allow anti-something or another things, but can't imagine those worth their salt would allow it one way or another.

How about a major corporation that paints "Black Lives Matter" on the front of it's corporate headquarters? 

Id bet you $100 a person of color could walk into the lobby of said company with a shirt that said "Screw trump", and it would be ignored. Wanna also bet what would happen if that same shirt said "Screw BLM"?

I dont associate with either one, but it has definitely become a one way street.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rockinl said:

How about a major corporation that paints "Black Lives Matter" on the front of it's corporate headquarters? 

Id bet you $100 a person of color could walk into the lobby of said company with a shirt that said "Screw trump", and it would be ignored. Wanna also bet what would happen if that same shirt said "Screw BLM"?

I dont associate with either one, but it has definitely become a one way street.

How has it become a one-way street? Your proof is because you are willing to bet $100?

I don't think SCREW TRUMP shirts should be allowed any more than SCREW BLM. Both are silly.

Nor do I think guessing whether or not "a major corporation" would allow something proves anything. You are guessing.

Small businesses like Rocky Mountain Mothers With Dead Sons might allow FUCK THE 2ND AMENDMENT hats, and Mile High Tobacco Shop might allow Lung Cancer Is A Hoax shirts, but major corporations aren't allowing the anti- and negative message things.

2 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

How has it become a one-way street? Your proof is because you are willing to bet $100?

I don't think SCREW TRUMP shirts should be allowed any more than SCREW BLM. Both are silly.

Nor do I think guessing whether or not "a major corporation" would allow something proves anything. You are guessing.

I'm not guessing. Ive worked there for 20 years. So yes, I'd say I have a better idea than YOU about what's accepted or not. Stop assuming so much. Makes you look foolish.

Ive seen the double standard over and over the past few months. Ive been in several meetings regarding this issue and I am very clear on what management can and cant enforce based on company policy. Anything BLM related is off limits. 

BLM is a Marxist political organization. Period.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rockinl said:

I'm not guessing. Ive worked there for 20 years. So yes, I'd say I have a better idea than YOU about what's accepted or not. Stop assuming so much. Makes you look foolish.

Ive seen the double standard over and over the past few months. Ive been in several meetings regarding this issue and I am very clear on what management can and cant enforce based on company policy. Anything BLM related is off limits. 

Ah, so someone has walked in your lobby with a "Screw Trump" shirt, and someone else has walked in with a "Screw BLM shirt". You should have said so and I wouldn't assume so much.

5 minutes ago, rockinl said:

In my office good luck saying anything good about trump in any aspect 

2 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

Small businesses like Rocky Mountain Mothers With Dead Sons might allow FUCK THE 2ND AMENDMENT hats, and Mile High Tobacco Shop might allow Lung Cancer Is A Hoax shirts, but major corporations aren't allowing the anti- and negative message things.

How about the NFL ?

Anti-cop

Anti-flag

or is that some positive messaging you see there...?

1 minute ago, Troll said:

How about the NFL ?

Anti-cop

Anti-flag

is that some positive messaging you see there?

The NFL has allowed players to express themselves regarding disdain they have for what they think is inequitable treatment toward certain minorities in this country. The NFL has never said "Screw the flag" or "Screw all cops". And I tend to agree, while I fly my flag proudly, and remain a proponent of our law enforcement officers.

Taking time to consider if any changes at all might be necessary is not anti- anything, except perhaps anti-dutiful.

4 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

The NFL has allowed players to express themselves regarding disdain they have for what they think is inequitable treatment toward certain minorities in this country. The NFL has never said "Screw the flag" or "Screw all cops". And I tend to agree, while I fly my flag proudly, and remain a proponent of our law enforcement officers.

Taking time to consider if any changes at all might be necessary is not anti- anything, except perhaps anti-dutiful.

Sounds like a whole lot of BS.

👍

4 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

That corporation has decided to openly endorse a cause.

That's their right.

And?

actually that would be 'corporate employees' abusing their public charter.....

Now if you were trying to use this logic in support of hobby lobby then you have a winner,

as that is a private company.

👍    

8 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I would say that the NFL has finally come around to being anti-shooting unarmed black people.

Apparently that makes you anti-cop in loon world.

🤷‍♂️

In a loon world people protest something that is less likely to happen to someone in a year than being hit by lightning.

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

I would say that the NFL has finally come around to being anti-shooting unarmed black people.

Apparently that makes you anti-cop in loon world.

🤷‍♂️

Actually it Just makes you another political, anti-,  protester........

you know

The kind that would not, and should not,

be permitted in any professional working environment.

👍

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

..of course it is.

Aren't you a big Gump Fan?

How do you really feel about Nick Satan leading the future Marxists of America?

Whether he actually agrees with BLM's politics or not, in today's environment, it would be career suicide to not side with your team. Just the way it is.

25 minutes ago, rockinl said:

Whether he actually agrees with BLM's politics or not, in today's environment, it would be career suicide to not side with your team. Just the way it is.

It would be career suicide to not side with your 90%? black football team......,politically, who gives a shit?

Think you are missing the point.......but, I'm sorta bored with it all.

There is no changing people especially on this reckless forum.

One thing is certain and you can bet the house on it..........trump will never lead a BLM march.