Comparing UFC fighters to football..

BobbySanchez

DLS = Fallon Fox 

Yep, I went there. xD

Fallon Fox would tote ass whoopings all day long fighting male competition(OOS in DLS case), but fighting females (NorCal) tends to have a bit of an advantage because she technically was a male at one point, even if transgender now. 

Image result for fallon fox ufc

Colquitt = Quinton Rampage Jackson

Just like Rampage, Colquitt tends to have a way of making all of their games(fights) matter. The team has kind of taken on a bit of the quirky personality of their coach, and many people find it very entertaining. (not unlike the quirky personality of Rampage that people either love or hate) Colquitt and Rampage both tend to give as good as they get, even in losses. 

Image result for quinton rampage jackson ufc

Cocoa = B.J. Penn

Yeah, fight anyone, anywhere most any time and make a good fight of it more often than not which gained them the respect of most all fans. In the end, they'll probably be most remembered for spending too much time chasing improbable targets outside of their natural weight class. Probably a shoe in for the oos hall of fame (ufc hall of fame for Penn)

Image result for bj penn ufc

DBP = Dan Henderson

They'll be remembered as always dangerous but eventually stayed in longer than they should have and really took some lumps after becoming washed up. Can anyone say Cauliflower Ear? Still  they will always be respected in their realms. 

Image result for Dan Henderson cauliflower ear ufc

• Like 1

Corona Centennial = Frankie Edgar

Both known as high energy dynamos that are as well known for their offense as they are for taking punishment while delivering their brand of quick striking. They tend to get put on the ropes and fail at clock management, but often have just enough offense to overcome that and a poor defense with barn burner battles. 

Image result for frankie edgar ufc

• Like 1

Bishop Gorman = Anderson Silva

Both have one of the best resumes in their respective sports. Arguably the best all time as well. Both have a bit of a showboat attitude/personality which turns many fans away, but garners the respect of everyone. Each have been on one of the great runs in recent history.

Image result for anderson silva

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Bishop Gorman = Anderson Silva

Both have one of the best resumes in their respective sports. Arguably the best all time as well. Both have a bit of a showboat attitude/personality which turns many fans away, but garners the respect of everyone. Each have been on one of the great runs in recent history.

Image result for anderson silva

I have a feeling, next year, a top Georgia team is going to be the Chris Weidman to BGs Anderson Silva.

15 hours ago, 954gator said:

Gimme Jon Bones Jones at Safety or WR.  

Unlike his brothers He was actually a terrible football player in HS ..... he stopped playing and focused on wrestling full time I think. 

Jones is the baddest man on the planet.... he would be favored in Vegas if he fought stipe miocic. 

21 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Unlike his brothers He was actually a terrible football player in HS ..... he stopped playing and focused on wrestling full time I think. 

Jones is the baddest man on the planet.... he would be favored in Vegas if he fought stipe miocic. 

Maybe... Would be a close to even line. He lost vs Gustafson and was given that W. His last 4-5 fights have all been wins by decision. I don't think he's as dominant as he once was. Too much cocaine and hoes! Hard to keep up the hard work when so dominant. He rolled thru the best there was until partying caught up with him. 

1 hour ago, NorCalRuss said:

Maybe... Would be a close to even line. He lost vs Gustafson and was given that W. His last 4-5 fights have all been wins by decision. I don't think he's as dominant as he once was. Too much cocaine and hoes! Hard to keep up the hard work when so dominant. He rolled thru the best there was until partying caught up with him. 

I don't like JJ to be honest and I thought gustaffason took it to him .... but to be the champ you got to beat the champ and Gus wasn't going to win a close decision. 

Remember he acknowledges he barely trained for the gustaffason fight too. 

Hes been sober since his accident in Albuquerque so partying no longer an issue. 

He looked vulnerable though against ovince st Priux and that was his least impressive performance. 

DC just doesn't have the length to give Jones problems and Jon can nullify cormiers biggest strength which is his wrestling. 

An in his prime Cain and Jones fight would of been the biggest fight to make. Unfortunately, Cain can't stay healthy and is made of glass.